Notaz and his Pandora!!

craigix said:
The Pandora will site QUITE HAPPILY open like a laptop so you can watch films etc. on it or type.
Oh. Then I apologize. I could have sworn I remembered you saying that it couldn't reasonably be used in that configuration.

I should have searched before I posted.

Last edited by a moderator:
VRAndy said:
craigix said:
The Pandora will site QUITE HAPPILY open like a laptop so you can watch films etc. on it or type.
Oh. Then I apologize. I could have sworn I remembered you saying that it couldn't reasonably be used in that configuration.

Now, after actually searching, I'm forced to admit that I must have completely imagined that. Sorry.

-Andy

VRAndy said:
VRAndy said:
craigix said:

Now, after actually searching, I'm forced to admit that I must have completely imagined that. Sorry.

-Andy

I don't really want to harp on about it, but IMHO that's another fine example of someone sticking his hand up and apologising when he's wrong. You don't get that often, on the net :( Bravo! You're a bigger man than many.

While I agree that the maturity level required to gracefully accept a correction is rare on the internet, such thing appears quite common on these forums. I am continually surprised at how mature and intelligent the majority here seems to be, which is opposite of every other forum I have ever frequented. Usually one must dig carefully to find the mature intelligent ones out of all the self-important posers, yet, here, I have seen far more mature intellectual discussion then ever elsewhere. Which I why I decided to stop lurking and register! :)

Rathum said:
MDave said:
I didn't get MY floating stylus, don't know about you guys. Mine must be broke or something.

That's because the stylus isn't floating. The photographer's assistant is invisible.

Nah it's simple physics - centre of gravity! :p

craigix said:
Jesus H. Corbett.

The Pandora will site QUITE HAPPILY open like a laptop so you can watch films etc. on it or type. Didn't I show it sitting like that in several videos? I've certainly left it like that running various MAME games many many times just for my own entertainment (I don't know why, I just like to watch them running).

It is designed to be used to play games FULLY OPEN - you won't want to use it any other way because of the screen angle - and fully open is where we have the hinge 'lock'.

There is no ridiculous conspiracy here. As if we would have the time to fake all those videos.

Craig, I feel for you. It's at times like these you wish you had a reallllly big gun.

pawprints said:
I'm not sure if this is a silly question or not but anyways...

The USB socket is on the back right? With the screen fully open how big (tall) a dongle type device can fit in a usb socket? For example some Freeview TV USB cards are quite chunky as are some memory sticks etc?

I'm not sure on how big of a device you can put in it.
I'd say a normal USB Flash would fit as the screen sits above the lower case.

I don't think you could reasonably use one of them larger video (capture) dongles though, at least not with the screen flat. I have one which I would think is too big.
easycap-usb-tv-dvd-vhs-video-aud-p114.jpg

It's much thicker than it looks. Shit all drivers for it, too.

I'd love a nice DTV card that has drivers and will work with Pandora!

pawprints said:

The USB socket is on the back right? With the screen fully open how big (tall) a dongle type device can fit in a usb socket? For example some Freeview TV USB cards are quite chunky as are some memory sticks etc?

I don't see it as a major problem, since you can easily get short USB extension cables

ED(tweet) said:
66650576.jpg

- Thanks to notaz, we now got a working battery meter. You can also configure warnings and automatic shutdown :D

Edit:
Oh, I almost forgot: Notaz RULEZ!

kingoddball said:
pawprints said:

I'm not sure on how big of a device you can put in it.
I'd say a normal USB Flash would fit as the screen sits above the lower case.

I don't think you could reasonably use one of them larger video (capture) dongles though, at least not with the screen flat. I have one which I would think is too big.
easycap-usb-tv-dvd-vhs-video-aud-p114.jpg

It's much thicker than it looks. Shit all drivers for it, too.

I'd love a nice DTV card that has drivers and will work with Pandora!

I have one of these. Its an easycap usb capture device. This came packed with a short usb extension cable. I would rather not risk plugging something like this right into the pandora as it would more than likely break the board if it was knocked. Just whilst we are on the topic of the above piece of hardware, i plan to use my the easycap device in my VJ gigs to capture my live sets. Does anyone know if there are any linux drivers for this?

craigix said:
Jesus H. Corbett.

The Pandora will site QUITE HAPPILY open like a laptop so you can watch films etc. on it or type. Didn't I show it sitting like that in several videos? I've certainly left it like that running various MAME games many many times just for my own entertainment (I don't know why, I just like to watch them running).

It is designed to be used to play games FULLY OPEN - you won't want to use it any other way because of the screen angle - and fully open is where we have the hinge 'lock'.

There is no ridiculous conspiracy here. As if we would have the time to fake all those videos.
Sorry about stuttering, repeating and general English fail (it's "disconcerTing"...); still think Cartoon Network and computer games did a decent job teaching me.

Can't wait until they're easy to buy (and/or more importantly; I have the cash ready)! It's like it was made just for me.

Back