nVIDIA SHIELD™ ANDROID TV console - OUT NOW!

I only see downsides to simply hooking up your PC with several types of controllers (including mouse+keyboard for FPS) to a TV.

Android is just too restrictive regarding the choice of games anyway.

Why not using some proper Debian derivate like everyone else is doing too now (Steam, CHIP, more or less even GoG)?

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure will. But just note that the seller just told me that I can't pick it up from him until Tuesday. You see, he'll be away from now, as its a long holiday weekend in Australia this weekend.

I noticed the Pro 500GB version is now available from Nvidias web site.

Doom 3 BFG Edition - OUT NOW

http://blog.gsmarena.com/doom-3-bfg-edition-arrives-nvidia-shield-tablet-shield-android-tv/#disqus_thread

doom-3-o.gif

I tested PPSSPP - perfect (so far)

I tested Dolphin - runs well and near 100% (it's the emulator issue that it does not support many games, but for the ones I tested a little like Crazy taxi, Animal Crossing, Ikaruga).  Hope SonicAdvance1 will improve this emulator in the near future.

I tested Mupen64 - runs almost perfectly!  (or shall I say perfectly on the games I tested) -  Played a little Paper Mario, a little Conker's Bad Fur day - no problems! :)

With my limited testing, I guess all the retro emulations will run at highest resolution with no issues.  Will test some more this weekend.

I tested PPSSPP - perfect (so far)

I tested Dolphin - runs well and near 100% (it's the emulator issue that it does not support many games, but for the ones I tested a little like Crazy taxi, Animal Crossing, Ikaruga).  Hope SonicAdvance1 will improve this emulator in the near future.

I tested Mupen64 - runs almost perfectly!  (or shall I say perfectly on the games I tested) -  Played a little Paper Mario, a little Conker's Bad Fur day - no problems! :)

With my limited testing, I guess all the retro emulations will run at highest resolution with no issues.  Will test some more this weekend.
When you get around to it please test ePSXe :)

Lots of emulators are not on the Playstore for Shield console including ePSXe.  I have to sideload them.  I'll test ePSXe tonight if I have some time.  Any specific game you would like to test for ePSXe?

Edit:  Forgot to mention that I also tested FPse, and it runs all games tested in glory! :)

Back