One day late but more goodies instead

Slightly off topic but what was the score with the revised LCD cables? I gather a tool was produced to place the originals better but that another company with expertise in the area had taken a look at the original cables and designed (or shown where ) a new one would avoid the same pitfalls. Did these ever get a green light?

no he has alot more than 1000 cases.They have spares for sale too.Cant remember the number though.

I thought it was posted that there were 2000 cases in the UK and the rest are still in Taiwan:

Post by EvilDragon on it

There was a post in the dev blog about the case count:

Monday, 11 October 2010 01:28 Big summary

The Cases

All cases needed for the first batch + additional 1000 ones have been produced and painted already.

2000 of those cases did already arrive in UK and are now currently being put together so that only the boards need to be put in.

The rest of the cases (3000) will arrive via ship (that's way cheaper... those 2000 cases did cost 5000 USD shipping costs, whooopeeee!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, lets hope the boat with the other 3000 has left port, Chinese New Year is coming up and its held up cases twice already if I'm not mistaken.

I believe the 3000 left by boat at the same time as the 2000 that went by plane, or they left very soon after. They should be in transit as we speak, and arriving soon.

Chris

NO :angry:

Well, I had one of those broken nubs/case/shoulderbuttons pandoras now waiting for it to be repaired. I hope at least some of the new 350 go to replace broken units, if repairement isn't in sight within the next 2 or 3 weeks. But from how silent it is around that I fear that this won't be the case and I also fear that the argument will be "You got your pandora, so please be quiet now"... time will show more.

Sometimes I feel like I just have been betatester with my unit. I mean: How the hell did those soulderbuttons get through a minimum of a quality check? How did they burst the screws into the case that the threads broke? Not speaking of the nubs and the general flaws the case has.

What I got for my money was definitly not what I waited 2 years long, so I'm still waiting to get delivered and because of my ordernumber I should be one of those 350... But we'll see (or not).

But, with all angriness, it is good to see new pandoras getting out, no matter who gets them.

I believe the 3000 left by boat at the same time as the 2000 that went by plane, or they left very soon after. They should be in transit as we speak, and arriving soon.

Chris

No those cases are still in China/Taiwan in case op wanted to build the pandoras there.

No those cases are still in China/Taiwan in case op wanted to build the pandoras there.
Well, if they never left, that just means 2000 can be put on a plane at any time, and arrive within days versus months by boat.

Problem Solved!

Chris

@SCntrblob,

The newer cases and build quality is much much better now than the initial "beta" units, after my LCD got fixed, I was amazed of what I got back the 2nd time!

Well, I had one of those broken nubs/case/shoulderbuttons pandoras now waiting for it to be repaired. I hope at least some of the new 350 go to replace broken units, if repairement isn't in sight within the next 2 or 3 weeks. But from how silent it is around that I fear that this won't be the case and I also fear that the argument will be "You got your pandora, so please be quiet now"... time will show more.

Sometimes I feel like I just have been betatester with my unit. I mean: How the hell did those soulderbuttons get through a minimum of a quality check? How did they burst the screws into the case that the threads broke? Not speaking of the nubs and the general flaws the case has.

What I got for my money was definitly not what I waited 2 years long, so I'm still waiting to get delivered and because of my ordernumber I should be one of those 350... But we'll see (or not).

But, with all angriness, it is good to see new pandoras getting out, no matter who gets them.

My only issue with your logic is that the Nub , Case and Shoulder Button can be repaired or swapped out without giving out a newly assembled board that could be going to a new customer.

^ Well, hopefully ED will get a tool from that company to replace nubs. If that was present then the nubs would be replaced and then Scntrblob would get a new case. Everything else is sound, LCD, board, LCD ribbon, so the only part that would be a pain to replace would be the nub. Right now it sounds like it has to go back to Texas to get nubs switched.

Where do you live Scntrblob?

Say, when you say 350+ shipping this week, you don't mean Sunday (or Friday) 23:59 do you? Also, any ETA on the next batch of boards?

<edit>Post directed at ED/Craig</edit>

My only issue with your logic is that the Nub , Case and Shoulder Button can be repaired or swapped out without giving out a newly assembled board that could be going to a new customer.

Yeaah, but when, when is this going to happen? When will they be able to replace nubs? I wouldn't mind if I just would have to wait a few weeks, but even if they tell us now, that it will just take a few weeks to get the replacement machine, it won't be there before santa comes back, you know what I mean.

Where do you live Scntrblob?

In germany. I already send my unit to ED, so that it can be repaired right away. Everythings ok, if this nub replacement machine is just a simple tool available right now and if ED has replacement nubs and cases already. But to me it seems that this isn't the case. There are no news from the company that should provide the tool and I can't remember him replying to any thread related to replacements in the last time.

How much broken nubs units are out there? 50? 100? I mean, because of those first units the guys of OP know the flaws now, we did the testing for them. Wouldn't it be fair that we get proper units now and not by some date in the future, specified "in 2 Month"? Or is the number of broken units slowly walking to 900 and it's better to just ignore those people?

So, my unit is worth 250€. If they would give me a new unit and repair the old one, they could sell it for even more on ebay, or give it to someone who want's to jump the queue, that would be fair...

So, does this all mean that the Pandoras aren't far off being shipped to us? Will I (~3800-4000) see my unit before March?

So, my unit is worth 250€. If they would give me a new unit and repair the old one, they could sell it for even more on ebay, or give it to someone who want's to jump the queue, that would be fair...

This is going to come off as mean but I'm trying to figure out what is fair.

Why should you get to jump in front of everyone inline (whom also have been waiting a long time just as yourself) for a new unit because the pandora you purchased isn't functioning properly. You knew the risk of being an early adopter and your reward was you got a pandora before everyone else. I agree they should fix your unit though.

I'm pretty sure OPT mission is about something much larger then simply trying to make extra money on ebay. You can sell yours on ebay if you want and go on queue for a new one like everyone else.

You knew the risk of being an early adopter and your reward was you got a pandora before everyone else.

Stop. That was 2 years ago.

But it turns out, I'm getting into some troll-like area after all that time, which is not my intention. I'll just wait and shut up now...

Scntrblob I see where you're coming from. Part of me wants to say I think ED should fix everything but the nubs and it back and have you send it in again when he gets the tool and part of me wants you to have a fully functional Pandora soon so I don't know what to say.

Production of the Pandora should pick up anyway so even if you did get a new unit it shouldn't be that much longer for whoever was bumped one down so you could have your Pandora now. Still though, I don't know, ED will make the decision in the end.

I thought ED said the Video of the Day was only until the boards got shipped.. or was I missing something.

Edit: to be exact he planned only 20 videos, but did 30.. the Videos did stop when the boards got shipped. Linky

Hi All,

First of all sorry for my English.....

I preordered my Pandora at 29/12/2010 :)

I do not understand the queue/time of shipping.

There is some place to know it??

Thank in advance

Stefano

Back