OpenPandora is NOT dead!

I still hope to upgrade to the 1Ghz version, but I'm trying to wait as long as possible so I can afford it. :/ I think Ed said he was down to his last 150 boards?

Anyway, Craig's Arthur Daily approach to project management has been very frustrating. I'm sure people who ordered after me got theirs. Searching through my emails I placed my original order on 4/10/2008, and had to chase after the refund to get a re-order link, which was paid on 9/02/2009, and I had to chase both the re-order link and confirmation that I'd paid. I still wonder if my place in the queue was changed as a result of incompetence on their part then. :/

Did they ever take orders for a second batch? If so I dread to think how many remaining there still are, whenever I asked my approximate queue position was 2200 - 2300, which apparently turned out to be wrong and the very last email I ever got from Jacquelyn said I was 1550 - 1650 and they were shipping 950 - 1250. That was on 13/04/2011.

Best case scenario, I was 300 Pandoras away from getting mine back then, before all the lies about how many were left began to appear.

Does anyone know how many were ever actually shipped by Craig? And how many total pre-orders were taken including second batch?

Did they ever take orders for a second batch? If so I dread to think how many remaining there still are
They did, that "second batch" was an unknown number which turned out to be about 500 more than EvilDragon had been lead to believe which why we're in the mess we are.

Hold onto that email, I have no doubt that ED will want to take a very careful look at it because it seems to be full of more lies.
Naaah, he has been sending that email to everyone who has been asking about his / her order since October.

I know that email already.

That email would be correct if the pre orders Mr Rothwell had left were the same as the number he advised when that plan was put in place-the email also says nothing about being paid for parts sent to ED!

And also it says nothing about stuff being sold on craigs site and the GHz units he never paid for. Oh well...

Time to sue for defamation?
There aren't really many concrete points for a legal team to get their teeth into:
Ed promised to fulfil all original orders when he presented a plan and took over production,
The problem is that the number Craig reported was wrong
his plan has apparently has not worked out,
Very loosely worded - see "apparently" and "worked out"
he did ship all his own (600) orders while shipping us very few units.
Again, loosely worded - "very few"
I literally cannot even get my hands on a new unit in any way, you have as much chance asking for one from Ed as I do.
Untrue (I'm suspect ED would be OK with Craig paying for new units upfront) but mainly irrelevant - the main deception is in the omissions - like the 1GHz units that Craig never paid for - and Craig's refusal of the drop-shipping offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
He probably thought I'd cover all his possible future company costs when I said back then I'll deliver to his customers as well ;)

I posted this a while back, nobody noticed it and so no responses...I'm asking for any advice re: obtaining my son's unit.

On October 20th, 2013, I sent this to Craig:

Is it true that you are selling the Pandoras you promised to us?

Ah, but then you've broken so many promises... I am now looking into legal action.

I also included all the information on our order from October 2nd, 2008.

Here is his response:

Hello Margaret,

OP (UK) only has a few units in various states of repair - there would be no guarantee with

them - they are returned units.

Ed promised to fulfil all original orders when he presented a plan and took over production,

at this point all remaining 100% equipment was transferred to him, with a skeleton stock

left here to deal with repairs.

I'm aware his plan has apparently has not worked out, although I was disappointed to see he 

did ship all his own (600) orders while shipping us very few units.

I literally cannot even get my hands on a new unit in any way, you have as much chance asking

for one from Ed as I do.

However if you're willing to take a broken unit then I can trawl though our parts and give you

some options.

Let me know,

Craig

Does anyone have any suggestion as to what I can do to procure a unit? There was a problem with American Express and 
GP32 Distribution Ltd demanded that we wire them the the money immediately or lose our place in the queue. What a joke! That cost us an additional $40 and five years later still no device. About 6 months previous to the email from Craig, Jackie told me there were 50 orders ahead of us before we would get our Pandora. I have never received any infromation unless I pestered them. I also never received any of the notices that Ed sent out. I replied to his survey, but never heard anything in response to that. My son was starting high school at the time we paid for this, he's now in his second year at University. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Maggie

You did get responses, there's no need to post it again.. I recommend reading this thread, it has a lot of information: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/15060-faq-for-remaining-preorders-of-openpandora-ltd//URL]

No one here has any contact with Craig, that e-mail is standard boilerplate he's been sending out for months (and isn't very honest). Any of the people selling Pandoras here have no legal affiliation with Craig, so nothing can really be done. The only thing you can do to get a Pandora is to buy a new one from ED, which he will be willing to sell at a discount. There was a donation fund to help with this too but I don't think it's available right now. There are only so many Pandoras left so there's a limited window where you can do this.

Every time I see that email it makes me angry!

Problem is that we all know its full of lies but everyone else will think ED is the bad guy.

Depending on what you selected in the survey will determine when you will be contacted I believe.

If your selected to not pay anything towards getting a unit from ED then it could be a long wait and maybe end up being a discount against its successor.

Everyone who is on my list should've gotten at least one eMail with informations from me.

There is a sticky in the Old-Preorders-Section of the boards. Please read that.

About donated units:

I'll contact the next happy customers this week :)

Can somebody explain what this survey is that ED is talking about? I was one of the unfortunate preorder customers and 1GHz upgrade customer of Craig but I gave up years ago ever seeing a Pandora. I don't really have to time or motivation to bother keeping up with all the stuff going on in these forums. Nobody told me about any survey. Am I on the list of customers even or have I been forgotton about? Why doesn't anyone at OpenPandora (GmbH, Ltd or otherwise) ever maintain a mailing list and communication with their customers?

Why doesn't anyone at OpenPandora (GmbH, Ltd or otherwise) ever maintain a mailing list and communication with their customers?
Well, that little ending is important stuff. OpenPandora GmBH (that is, EvilDragon) does maintain a mailing list and communication. OpenPandora Ltd (Craigs company) didn't, and most certainly doesn't. Short of a morning raid on Craigs offices, seizure of all his documents and a lenghty process of revision, that won't change.

Can somebody explain what this survey is that ED is talking about? I was one of the unfortunate preorder customers and 1GHz upgrade customer of Craig but I gave up years ago ever seeing a Pandora. I don't really have to time or motivation to bother keeping up with all the stuff going on in these forums. Nobody told me about any survey. Am I on the list of customers even or have I been forgotton about? Why doesn't anyone at OpenPandora (GmbH, Ltd or otherwise) ever maintain a mailing list and communication with their customers?
When you 'gave up' years ago - did you ask for a refund?  If so, you are no longer a pre-order, but one of many debts on a line with Craig's shop that is trying to get 'struck off'.  From what I can tell, only people still outstanding orders would get the email - Craig's refund queue seems to be a different list.

When you 'gave up' years ago - did you ask for a refund?  If so, you are no longer a pre-order, but one of many debts on a line with Craig's shop that is trying to get 'struck off'.  From what I can tell, only people still outstanding orders would get the email - Craig's refund queue seems to be a different list.
Yes I did at some point (although they never replied to that e-mail) although I retracted that later and said I don't mind either way. I guess that means I'm totally screwed then?

Back