[Original Game] AquaVenture

Help... stuck on the Shrimple level! (Depth 13... or 14 I think)

Don't get the available gem straight away. Move the top rock right first, then get the gem below where the rock was. Push the leftmost rock left and into the hole. Now move the first rock over the top of the gem. Now you can collect the gem. Move the rock to the fish on the left and move back and forth until the fish is higher than the player then push the rock off the edge of the cliff. Move back and forth until the fish is higher again, then swim down and push the rock right until it is over the bubbler. The fish caught in the bubbles can now move freely and you can eventually swim up and get the gem.

:)

OK - It seems it doesn't like the latest driver (4.10) and secondly I'm stuck here...

"You did that on Porpoise"

EDIT: There were several factors in me not getting myself together in asking for help - that's why I think a hints page could be handy! :p

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - It seems it doesn't like the latest driver (4.10)...
Not sure what you mean by that.

As for level 29 -

There's a sponge to the bottom left of the screen - you need to move this up before detonating the barrels. For a full solution, read the spoiler.

From the start -

(D=Down, L=LEFT  etc.) -

DDDDDDRDRLULUUUUUU

RRRRRRRDDDDDDDRRURRD

LLLRRRURUUUUUULLLLDL

DDDDDLLLDUURUUL

You're nearly there!

As for level 29 -

There's a sponge to the bottom left of the screen - you need to move this up before detonating the barrels. For a full solution, read the spoiler.

From the start -

(D=Down, L=LEFT  etc.) -

DDDDDDRDRLULUUUUUU

RRRRRRRDDDDDDDRRURRD

LLLRRRURUUUUUULLLLDL

DDDDDLLLDUURUUL
You're nearly there!
OK I had to follow your complete spoiler... not entirely sure what I was doing differently that wouldn't let me explode the barrels, but whatever... I'll get this finished now... hopefully!

There are a few issues with making the barrels explode correclty.

1) If you don't move the sponge it gets killed by the explosion. Killing things in AquaVenture is bad. Game Over.

2) In order to open up access to the gems you have to destroy the main bunch of barrels.

3) The only way to do that is to move other barrels into adjacent positions.

4) Collecting the top-most gem early prevents the top barrel from colliding with the others

On the final level, take things slowly - it's easy to rush and make mistakes. 

Back