Our New Machine, Pandora

Should this thread die?

• Yes, kill it now!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe move it to off-topic?

• No, let it live until its natural death!

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
xnopasaranx said:
lol... the day i would see sam fisher call somebody else a fanboy and an "idiotic know-it-all" has apparently come. I guess hell must have frozen over at last.
I agree. They're all a bunch of oxygen thieves, I tells ye :D

Other well-known oxygen thieves:

1. God Ginrai
2. God Ginrai
3. quartercast
4. God Ginrai

Any others I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
quartercast said:
xnopasaranx said:
lol... the day i would see sam fisher call somebody else a fanboy and an "idiotic know-it-all" has apparently come. I guess hell must have frozen over at last.
I agree. They're all a bunch of oxygen thieves, I tells ye :D

Other well-known oxygen thieves:

1. God Ginrai
2. God Ginrai
3. quartercast
4. God Ginrai

Any others I missed?

Well that's not very fair...

you forgot DaveC. ;P

-God Ginrai

This thread's becoming seriously offtopic. Stay on track please.

Nova said:
This thread's becoming seriously offtopic. Stay on track please.
Vimacs I thing they need 1 day ban for going of offtopic :D

just wondering what sofware do you thing is must to be in the firmware

like a movie player :)

parag0n said:
i don't see why we'd need a full port of firefox, the actual renderer component (gecko) is available for free, in a newer version, which is faster, and renders better then the version in firefox. All we'd need to do is give it a canvas to render on, and have an address bar for a basic browser.

(i'm bAAaaaaack)
I'd like a back button plx bye

also extensions & themes

a question to the power of the new device:

Are ports of sauerbraten or cube feasible? In my opinion one of this is a must have for owners of such a WiFi device! ...maybe a own server for analogstick action? B)

Nr.56 said:

Are ports of sauerbraten or cube feasible? In my opinion one of this is a must have for owners of such a WiFi device! ...maybe a own server for analogstick action? B)
Minimum
Pentium 3 733 MHz
128MB RAM
32MB GeForce 2 MX
56K Dial-up for online play

Sauerbraten's a no-go.

absolute minimum spec: p200 with tnt2/v3 (15-20 fps @640 depending on map)
reccommended spec: p500 with gf1/radeon or better (50-60 fps on most maps)
ideal spec: 1ghz and gf3/radeon8500 or better (fluent in all cases)

Cube: maybe, but not on high.

atomicthumbs said:
Nr.56 said:

Minimum
Pentium 3 733 MHz
128MB RAM
32MB GeForce 2 MX

Sauerbraten's a no-go.

Cube was ported to Intel XScale + OpenGL ES architecture by intel,
it should be feasible if the xscale of the Axim X50v is not much more powerful, should´nt it? :blink:
it would be a great piece of (standard) software on this handheld... instead of a bloated desktop environment. :D

atomicthumbs said:

Intel ported Cube to the Dell Axim v50x: http://www.cubeengine.com/cube_intel_pda/

If it runs on a 3 year old device it should certainly run much better on today's high end hardware. And I'm not convinced Sauerbraten is entirely impossible.

Xmas said:
And I'm not convinced Sauerbraten is entirely impossible.
Yeah, it could probably be scaled down to work... or at least the engine could be used to create a game that runs on the craiginator. It is pretty hardware efficient by its own, just the artwork and some of the shaders are not.

But it depends of how fast the GPU in the craiginator actually is, which is IMHO still THE big question as there have been statements (=rumors) citing numbers well below that of the PSP and way above it.

Nr.56 said:

Sauerbraten is fun to "use", especially the superb level Editing feature, no other game Level Editor can match with this (BUILD Engine maybe)
But Sauerbraten is to "high" for the Handheld, it needs a modern PC graphic card by the way to support all the nice shaders and Stuff. For example, the Engine looks very poor on my GeForce3 so you can imagine, how this all would look on an Handheld, even with OpenGL Support. ;)

CUBE is the better solution but AFAIK, this engine is much more simple (don't even support "room over room" etc.) I don't know if there are good CUBE based single Player games.
And AFAIK booth engines have more focus on Multi-Player. Bots or GOOD Single Player is not the first choice.

Oh, there also WAS the "Yeti3D" eninge, Cube based, maybe death project, this Engine was even running smooth on GBA's. But like mentioned before, all projects AFAIK are more like expanded "nacked" Engines, Multiplayer and unfinished Stuff like "Eisenstern" RPG on Sauerbraten etc. (please correct me, if I'm wrong). Nothing for an Device which often will be used in single Player Action. So with the engine, we need people who can do good games to. :) (Shouldn't be the problem I hope)

Nr.56 said:
atomicthumbs said:
Nr.56 said:

Minimum
Pentium 3 733 MHz
128MB RAM
32MB GeForce 2 MX

Sauerbraten's a no-go.

Cube was ported to Intel XScale + OpenGL ES architecture by intel,
it should be feasible if the xscale of the Axim X50v is not much more powerful, should´nt it? :blink:
it would be a great piece of (standard) software on this handheld... instead of a bloated desktop environment. :D

As stated previously, the Craginator will make the X50v it's bitch.

Squidge said:
icurafu said:
As stated previously, the Craginator will make the X50v it's bitch.
You assume, or you state?

I admit, I'm not privy to the personality of the Craginator; However, I'm sure it'll be making bitches of all my gadgets.

In terms of performance, both suggested SoCs would be significantly more powerful than the XScale@624MHz. However, the 16MB of video ram on the MBX will hard to beat.

Even the ARM926EJ@360MHz from the original plan would be comparable, and that's without the co-processor.

http://glbenchmark.com/result.jsp

OMAP2 devices already outperformed the Axims, so an OMAP3 device like this new system should have multiple times the performance.

The most complex demo game from Futuremark's pretty, 3DMarkMobile ES 1.1 OpenGL ES benchmark, Proxycon, was rendered at a playable, 30 frames per second rate by real OMAP2420/MBX devices, so the demo games of the second generation of its benchmark, 3DMarkMobile ES 2.0, might be a decent indicator of the potential of the graphics of this new system.

it depends how you slant it. The axim x51v actually outperforms the N95 in integer by over 100%, but get's it's arse handed to it in float.

In terms of graphics, you have to consider that the x51v has to render 4 times as many pixels. They have similar graphics chips, however the x51v has 16MB onboard.

Edit: removed self conflicting statements. :)

The dedicated graphics bus of the Axim's 2700G helps its MBX Lite compete surprisingly well with OMAP2420's full MBX + VGP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back