Pandora 2

For the Pandora 2, I would like to see a webcam and accelerometer. Also, a kitchen sink.

Honestly, though, I hope no one makes a Pandora 2 for some time. I will look forward to it when they do, but this isn't Apple, and I don't expect my Pandora to be outdated in 6 months. ;)

Clean3d said:
For the Pandora 2, I would like to see a webcam and accelerometer. Also, a kitchen sink.

Honestly, though, I hope no one makes a Pandora 2 for some time. I will look forward to it when they do, but this isn't Apple, and I don't expect my Pandora to be outdated in 6 months. ;)

A bunny attached to the lower side of the pandora would also be great ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bosbeetle said:
Clean3d said:

A bunny attached to the lower side of the pandora would also be great ;)

I think you can get better augmentation solutions now quite cheaply. I don't think a Pandora has the right organic protection buffers built in... sorry it's been quite a few years and my memory is fuzzy (the wiki was lost in the great internet storm). I would be highly surprised! I guess you could run an optronic to USB convertor, but they're pretty rare. Try Ebay perhaps? But even with that kind of setup, the signal depth would be pretty low to fully integrate. I don't think it's worth trying, as the attenuation will probably cause some random neocortex jitter and possibly brain damage.

With the proper kit (with the correct neruon-safe cycling) it's amazing what you can do. I have some great conversations with my cat!

mali said:
edit:
-nvm-
joke opportunity was edited out
Pandora 2 should have taser for self-defense
it will only umpc with taser built in
totally untaped market why ha nosbody tought of dis
nvm
metajoke was edited out

@someguy99

you have cronometric parity errors in your VI controller, this part of Xulnet is in ad2010, they will not have quantum phase metric capability for another 2 decades, recalibrate your VI Xantium node for cross syncro to node metric phase adaption 2/4/23/8/65/28 , no harm done, these Q-nodes are only semi sentient reconstructed 20th century personas awaiting download to wetware as part of PhoenixVI (tm), (recreating pre singularity humans since 3302 as part of the "no mind left behind" project).

VIhobbyman-recix19643

atomicthumbs said:
pandoura 2 should cost $150 so I can have it insted of gp2x dingo and it should have x86 so I can play motern warfare and some ea spourts games

edit: fixed spelloing

Cough, I chuckled. :rolleyes:

Trooper

hobbyman II said:
@SomeGuy99

you have cronometric parity errors in your VI controller, this part of Xulnet is in ad2010, they will not have quantum phase metric capability for another 2 decades, recalibrate your VI Xantium node for cross syncro to node metric phase adaption 2/4/23/8/65/28 , no harm done, these Q-nodes are only semi sentient reconstructed 20th century personas awaiting download to wetware as part of PhoenixVI (tm), (recreating pre singularity humans since 3302 as part of the "no mind left behind" project).

VIhobbyman-recix19643

Thanks Hobbyman, I was getting seriously freaked out I had breached the ZeroOne treaty. And can I compliment you on the amazing granularity of your synapse engine? I genuinely couldn't tell the difference! What system are you running? I feel like i'm so behind the times these days, everything seems to change so fast! I can only blame myself for choosing to generation skip, but I can't help being a geek. Even if they're only probability vector-streams, these guys were great to talk to... it helped ground me a little. I think I'm having suspension lag or something, I'll have to have that seen to.
:lol:

It's funny, these guys probably read all this like it's science fiction gibberish or something? Maybe they should imagine somebody reading one of their threads twenty years in the past; that person would probably react the same way too.

It's weird though, because we don't even use technical terms much anymore, or at least speak them out loud. I'm not even sure what these thoughts would look like translated into words or sounds! It's difficult for me to relate, especially with these perception filters on.

Exophase said:
The mechanical design and fabrication dominated the delays. The design wasn't complete until well into 2009 and the mould manufacturing and parts fabrication took what, over 6 months? So why do you think the amount of time the Pandora took would be indicative of how long an OMAP4 based one would take? Because I think if OP were aggressive enough they could ship one in 2011.

First, I think you're right. All the following questions are purely my curiosity talking.

What if the OMAP5 goes on the market this year? Would it be possible to use that instead/as well?

What factors play into whether one chip can easily replace another with devices like this? Is it just a matter of physical size, or electrical requirements, or price or what?

Exophase said:
In fact, I didn't even realize this, but you can already buy an OMAP4 Blaze.

http://svtronics.com/market_omap

Pretty awesome, and it looks like anyone can buy it, in single quantity. OP should definitely purchase one. Even I may be tempted to put down for one later if nothing else comes out. $2000 isn't a small amount, but it's pretty well worth it, IMO.

Yes I saw that when I was looking at the TI Zoom II, which is an official Symbian reference platform, and went right out a bought a lottery ticket.

Pleng said:
well wasnt part of the Pandora story that TI thought it would be a good platform to demonstrate the potential of the OMAP3? If so they may not be so willing to co-operate so closely unless they make some mega sales over the next few months.

IIm typing this with one right now and even with all the software quirks that need to be sorted out, I can honestly see this unit making some great sales through word of mouth. probably enought to convince TI of its potential. It is an absolute joy to use. The next couple of months are going to be very interesting!

Agreed - I'm thinking of suggesting to the Symbian Foundation that they make it an official reference platform. Way cheaper than the only other fully integrated device they support (TI Zoom II) and way more convenient than Beagleboard.

Back