Pandora Artwork

quartercast

I got bored and decided to play around with InDesign for a bit. Here are the results.

pandoflatlz2.jpg

pandotilt3ti7.jpg

To whoever created the original typeface, I'm sorry for desecrating it. I wanted to give the type a retro yet strangely modern look. And it had to ben open, after all :lol:

Anyone else have any crazy imagery, poems, cartoons, creative inspirations for this not-yet-existant device, feel free to post for everyone's enjoyment!

Prophet said:
It has that old Atari rainbow logo vibe to it.

Mmmmmm... Atari.
That's what I was thinking!

I don't like the way the P looks, though

Last edited by a moderator:
GunPei2X said:
Yes, very retro, and very... phallic ;)

I like it! Takes me back...
Some ummm was it cut or off... or did it just kinda fall off?

personally, i think it should be on the back of the pandora.
reminds me of epcot.

That P looks like what Revolution Report/The Wiire does with their logo, for the Wii disc drive.
RevReport_iTunes_Logo.png

Please to use something else? <_<

quartercast said:
pandotilt3ti7.jpg

To whoever created the original typeface, I'm sorry for desecrating it. I wanted to give the type a retro yet strangely modern look. And it had to ben open, after all :lol:

Anyone else have any crazy imagery, poems, cartoons, creative inspirations for this not-yet-existant device, feel free to post for everyone's enjoyment!
That might work well as a die-cut vinyl decal for the lid of a Pandora...

I don't have any creative material to share yet, although I recently had an utterly bizarre dream where I received a Pandora that was in fact a strange mutant hybrid of a mobile phone and, when closed, a Psion Siena... :p

hey

I really like this, especially on the angle :), nice work!

edit
I was just looking at it some more, and think the long P makes it look like a pandora folded shut ;).

another edit
You could even use the inside of the P as a loading indicator or whatever ;). Hmm, I guess ya could use the entire thing as a loading indicator, which I think would be better, hehe.

cyas

Wow, thanks for all the inspiring responses guys! I really enjoy creating type packages.

yosh64 said:
I was just looking at it some more, and think the long P makes it look like a pandora folded shut ;).
Well spotted! It does look like a pandora folded shut - ironically, I left the side of the "P" open as a tribute to the "open pandora" concept.

I think it looks way to long for my liking. At first glance, I didn't even know that was a P until I looked at it.

hey

PSyMastR, but you did have another glance ;).

Anyhows in ways I prefer this over the offical logo, but I dunno.

edit
Well I think this ones more stylish, but the official logo looks more serious or kinda gives me the impression of quality or something, so dunno.

cyas

waffles said:
long p is looooooooooong.
Hahah I hope it still makes sense, I know two type tricks does tend to confuse things :)

I've got a couple more ideas I might scratch out on indesign, or maybe illustrator which i just started using. God, it's so slow uploading images to imageshack!

Back