Pandora at Replay 2011 - Retro Gaming Expo - Let's meet up

What are these 'T-Shirts' you speak of? Won't you all be wearing shirts (without a front pocket, and tucked in) and some of you ties?
I'm almost tempted to wear my suit... I might do on the Saturday :lol:

What are these 'T-Shirts' you speak of? Won't you all be wearing shirts (without a front pocket, and tucked in) and some of you ties?

Sir, you speak as if you only have one suit. I know this cannot be true, as you would be restricted to either summer or winter.

I'm expecting it to be quite cold at that time of year, so I'm suggesting Tweed, with waist coat (I'm going with a different wool, not matching the tweed to add some spice), starched collars are essential as you will want to look your best at all times, but in order to be less formal I'm going to say ties are optional.

This will mean your front collar stud is visible - I suggest something to match the suit here, I've a nice brass one I like.

Shirts can be fun and colourful too, perhaps you have a classic 80's design?

Cufflinks - again, maybe an 80's design, I'm sure I've seen space invaders - I might buy some new ones just for this occasion.

Actually I've a horrible 80's TV waistcoat like Paul Daniels would wear - could be worth a try on the day.

Sir, you speak as if you only have one suit. I know this cannot be true, as you would be restricted to either summer or winter.

I'm expecting it to be quite cold at that time of year, so I'm suggesting Tweed, with waist coat (I'm going with a different wool, not matching the tweed to add some spice), starched collars are essential as you will want to look your best at all times, but in order to be less formal I'm going to say ties are optional.

This will mean your front collar stud is visible - I suggest something to match the suit here, I've a nice brass one I like.

Shirts can be fun and colourful too, perhaps you have a classic 80's design?

Cufflinks - again, maybe an 80's design, I'm sure I've seen space invaders - I might buy some new ones just for this occasion.

Actually I've a horrible 80's TV waistcoat like Paul Daniels would wear - could be worth a try on the day.
Paul Daniels? Sounds fuckin Magic.

Got a reply from the Replay Expo team - they are trying to organize us some area where we can present the Pandora and the iCP to new users :)

How many of you guys are coming? Should we create some Pandora T-Shirts and infiltrate the show? :D
Good news that ye might be showing off the Pandora and I.C.P there. I hope ill make it.I have the replay expo ticket bought.Time will tell.

lol, my new gf can't believe what's in my wardrobe... or should I say, what I "don't" have in my wardrobe! She thinks it's odd that I only have 3 pairs of footware - 1 pair of shoes, 1 pair of trainers and 1 pair of sandles.

I abhor clothes shopping, so I will avoid it if possible.

lol, made me chuckle. Growing up in the 80s, I always used to watch Paul Daniels... and towards the later years, Debbie McGee ;)

@Milkshake: Thanks for the games last night. I was well impressed, and a little annoyed with that jump-throw, which is down right OP! ;)

Are you entering the SSFIV tournament?

Got a reply from the Replay Expo team - they are trying to organize us some area where we can present the Pandora and the iCP to new users :)

How many of you guys are coming? Should we create some Pandora T-Shirts and infiltrate the show? :D

T-Shirts! Yes, that's all I wear (apart from pants, socks. trousers)

I'm not a suit person. The _only_ suit I own is a Matalan special that cost me 35 quid and included shirt AND shoes! Apparently I'm not allowed to wear it to my wedding next year though...

And I surely hope we do talk to each other at the actual show - I REALLY don't want to wonder around by myself all day until 8:30pm for the 'meetup'...Hmmm, perhaps I should bring my kids n missis then. Actually I would love to take my 7 yro: Did I show yo uguys this vid:

http://youtu.be/N7UdItx3M9A

Edit: [still] Don't know how to embed youtube videos

Last edited by a moderator:
I might wear a waistcoat and nothing else
Unless you're a moderate to really attractive female, please don't :p

And I surely hope we do talk to each other at the actual show - I REALLY don't want to wonder around by myself all day until 8:30pm for the 'meetup'...
So do I... I don't reckon I'll last more than 1 round of the tournament and not sure if I'll hang around until late evening

I might wear a waistcoat and nothing else
Unless you're a moderate to really attractive female, please don't :p

And I surely hope we do talk to each other at the actual show - I REALLY don't want to wonder around by myself all day until 8:30pm for the 'meetup'...
So do I... I don't reckon I'll last more than 1 round of the tournament and not sure if I'll hang around until late evening

Hmmm, this is looking more and more like I should bring friends along. And when I say friends, I mean my family. If I see any of you at the 'gig' then I say "hello" and meetup at the pub later.

@Evil Dragon. I live in manchester and will be driving up on saturday. If you need a lift, i will be happy to pick you up from the airport

Edit: I see sbt has sorted a lift out. If anyone else wants a lift, there will be 2 places in my car. Will be driving back sat evening

A great idea!!

I so wish I could attend.

It would be an honor and pleasure to meet you all.

I hope there is a youtube video.

Last edited:
@Milkshake: Thanks for the games last night. I was well impressed, and a little annoyed with that jump-throw, which is down right OP! ;)

Are you entering the SSFIV tournament?
Indeed that is my intention, I am a newb though and have only found the time to practice with guy (cos i loved him on sfa3) once I get the "feel" for how the mechanics work (im too adjusted to ssf2t hd remix) I might play with a few more characters... I also need to keep practicing the combos.

yes ineed they were good games, you are good with cammy, i intend to use her in the future, I love her on ssf2t hdr.

btw we need tshirts with cool as fook designs like this:

http://store.kineda.com/product/super-shoto-bros

This sounds like it's becoming a nice meet-up.

Sadly I won't be attending, ordering a plane ticket now is just too expensive for me, not even considering the hotel costs.

So, I hope you guys will have a lot of fun and remember to drink responsibly ;)

Anyway, is anyone interesting in becoming the "official" PandoraPress "ambassador" for this occasion?

We have a twitter account you could tweet you current location on the venue or post photos, intimate infos about the forum people you meet or whatever else you like (granted they offer W-LAN access or you have cell-phone internet). (This is the optional part).

Apart from that (and this is the non-optional part ;) ) I would love to see a wrap-up article later, just describing your personal experience meeting the guys, including some photos and maybe a video (you can send me the raw-video for cutting, if that's necessary).

As a reward you get lots of internet fame and maybe a small gift (I will have to see about that - so yeah, you mostly would do it for the community).

Anyone interested? (Prior writing experience or whatnot is not necessary)

Indeed that is my intention, I am a newb though and have only found the time to practice with guy (cos i loved him on sfa3) once I get the "feel" for how the mechanics work (im too adjusted to ssf2t hd remix) I might play with a few more characters... I also need to keep practicing the combos.
I think you were sufficiently up to speed ;)

yes ineed they were good games, you are good with cammy, i intend to use her in the future, I love her on ssf2t hdr.
Yeah, Cammy is my main, but you pretty much owned me with every other character I tried

This sounds like it's becoming a nice meet-up.

Sadly I won't be attending, ordering a plane ticket now is just too expensive for me, not even considering the hotel costs.

So, I hope you guys will have a lot of fun and remember to drink responsibly ;)

Anyway, is anyone interesting in becoming the "official" PandoraPress "ambassador" for this occasion?

We have a twitter account you could tweet you current location on the venue or post photos, intimate infos about the forum people you meet or whatever else you like (granted they offer W-LAN access or you have cell-phone internet). (This is the optional part).

Apart from that (and this is the non-optional part ;) ) I would love to see a wrap-up article later, just describing your personal experience meeting the guys, including some photos and maybe a video (you can send me the raw-video for cutting, if that's necessary).

As a reward you get lots of internet fame and maybe a small gift (I will have to see about that - so yeah, you mostly would do it for the community).

Anyone interested? (Prior writing experience or whatnot is not necessary)

I will msot likely take lots of photos...and I could be persuaded to write something down pertaining to the day. Though I am certainly no wordsmith! I hated writing essays at school and even at university, I hated it and just had mental-blocks when it came to actually producing words. Horrible experience.

Well guys... I decided to throw caution into the wind and shout "=#(< it, I'm going!"

I'll be grabbing a train I guess spending Saturday there then jumping on the last train back since I really can't afford to be staying anywhere... but hope to see you there! :)

Back