Pandora audio cast device

Erchitu

Still Fresh
Hi. Is it possible to use my Pandora as an audio cast device, like a chromecast audio? I would like to connect it to my hifi and stream the audio with my phone using Plex.
Thanks

FBnil

Waiting to Champion the Pyra to the World...
Yes, I think so, if your hifi has bluetooth reception (or you buy a blootooth dongle for it)

I got it to work in the past, but I've flashed a new firmware since, and it's all fuzzy how I did it (not sure which method I used from one of the many posts, there are so many people that posted how they did it). Hope this helps:

I see that @Null has played with it in the past. Maybe he can guide?

Not sure if you then can control the music using the wifi (next song, for example).
If it's TCP/IP, VLC can cast audio.
xbmc

Last edited:

levi

Still fresh, damnit!
As far as I read it, s/he's not asking for advice on streaming audio to a bluetooth enabled device (a hi-fi in his case). S/he's asking to use it like a chromecast, as in to leave the Pandora wired into the hifi, and to stream audio to it from their phone using something called plex. I don't know anything about plex personally so I can't really advise, but it seems to be a different situation as to using bluetooth headphones.

Erchitu

Still Fresh
As far as I read it, s/he's not asking for advice on streaming audio to a bluetooth enabled device (a hi-fi in his case). S/he's asking to use it like a chromecast, as in to leave the Pandora wired into the hifi, and to stream audio to it from their phone using something called plex. I don't know anything about plex personally so I can't really advise, but it seems to be a different situation as to using bluetooth headphones.
Exactly, not looking for Bluetooth solution, but thanks anyway @FBnil.
Levi, Plex is a dlna server.

FBnil

Waiting to Champion the Pyra to the World...
Plex is a dlna server.
Debian ARM has a mini DLNA server, so a Pyra will work. (psst, buy a Pyra)

The Pandora has Plum, but thats the other way around: http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=plum

Best path to go is to try to compile this on the Pandora: