Pandora Business Edition

menno

Still Fresh
I was just thinking, that maybe with minor adjustments to the bottom part of the Pandaora, you could make it a nice follow up device for all Zaurus fans and also disappointed Palm device users.

Have u guys ever looked into making a sort of business version where the bottom part of the clamshell features no joysticks but a larger keyboard?
Or am I now officially cursing in the church? :)
I was just wondering if this might be a possibility to boost your market potential etc.
I suppose many current Zaurus users, and also Palm TX users would appreciate such an upgrade.

Or Am I seeing problems which arent even there, and is the current keyboard functional enough to make notes and do a little of office applications on the road etc?

I am aware where this devices comes from, and who intiated the development etc so dont get me wrong, i am just throwing in an idea, to diversify your potential market :) And if it doesnt require a full seperate production line it might be worth looking into!

i have a zaurus now and it looks to me like the layout of the pandora is close to optimal also for the 'business' :) user. honestly, what you use most are the cursor keys anyways.

The business consumers will most likely (and with good reason) look towards Android and whatever devices running it crop up. It would be possible to use a pandora, but being designed for games has some drawbacks.

Maybe we should just sell a little plastic plate to hide the dpad and ABXY buttons so it looks very business like, we could even print a fake flow chart on it.

X - Work Done.
Y - Gaming.

Megamixman said:
Now you're making it sound like a transformer craigx. What's next, a theme song?
PAN-DOR-A More than meets the eye!
PAN-DOR-A Gaming in disguise
Pandoras wage their battle to destroy the evil forces of the Nothings-to-do

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't you just put a company sticker on it that says 'For Business Use Only'?

That'd fool 'em.

Business Pandora should look more business like. To match with all the iPods in Design, there could be also a Expencive Business-Metal-Case like this:

Cervante said:
buy a linux umpc and leave this extra unit for me to buy
Pandora is a LInux UMPC.
@menno
The thing is if you remove the gaming controls you wont make the keyboard bigger. Width of the device is the limiting factor here.

Cervante said:
I've had the urge to reply that to every single topic like this, ever since craig told us there were more than 10k people who signed up for the newsletter

Or they could take a page from Despair, Inc's book and release the 'Manager' and 'Executive' models, where nothing changes but the packaging (and maybe the default wallpaper). Take a look at their stuff, it's brilliant!

http://despair.com/

fusion_power said:
Business Pandora should look more business like. To match with all the iPods in Design, there could be also a Expencive Business-Metal-Case like this:

That actually reminds me a lot of an old co-worker's HP laptop. It was a pretty nice machine, aside from being a bit bulky.

Kyosys said:
Cervante said:
I've had the urge to reply that to every single topic like this, ever since craig told us there were more than 10k people who signed up for the newsletter

Woh, over 10k eh? Seems like this is getting very popular even before it's really gotten a chance to get out the door.

fusion_power said:

I Really liked this render. A future edition, maybe? (Answer to myself: No)

a 'this is a work machine' badge or something on the back would definatly fool my lecturers into thinking i was typing up notes rather than playing psx games.... count me in for the sticker.

Back