Pandora Business Edition

dude, I would love to work somewhere with enough vision to approve this a work tool.

Gaming controls are just ergonomically sensible, I won't be surprised in the future if dual analogs and shoulder buttons are considered must-haves for pdas. For productivity apps or browsing the ability to everything without moving your hands is huge. You can't even totally do that on a desktop.

I'd make the screen swivel or slide for the business look and add a bigger keyboard and atleast one analog.
Maybe even cut down on the expansion slots and loose some weight.

n3x said:
I'd make the screen swivel or slide for the business look and add a bigger keyboard and atleast one analog.

If you're willing to pay the likely Millions of dollars in litigation that would be required for such a design by such a small company, then go ahead. Everyone else in the real world will stick to what we have and can achieve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Megamixman said:
n3x said:

If you're willing to pay the likely Millions of dollars in litigation that would be required for such a design by such a small company, then go ahead. Everyone else in the real world will stick to what we have and can achieve.
Does anyone know how much those licenses would cost or how exactly it works?
Do you pay per piece of "swivel" created, or do you have to purchase a license that gives you unlimited "swivels".
(I see more and more cheap stuff using it, like cheap dvd players that no one buys)

PS: I understand that they Pandora has to be kept within the budget, I am just wondering on how much it would cost.

It isn't something we can even dream of looking in to at the moment, maybe in a couple of years.

But then again the Pandora IS TINY (really), being able to swivel the LCD on a device this small does not make much of a difference.

This may be a really dumb question, but since the discussion is (also) about alternative use for the analogs:

Would it not be possible to use the analogs to simulate multi-touch? You know, that silly buggers cr*p on the iPhone (<spit!>), where you can zoom in and out and do all those other fashionable things you can't do with one finger.

Karel Jansens said:
This may be a really dumb question, but since the discussion is (also) about alternative use for the analogs:

Would it not be possible to use the analogs to simulate multi-touch? You know, that silly buggers cr*p on the iPhone (<spit!>), where you can zoom in and out and do all those other fashionable things you can't do with one finger.
The point is to make the phone easier to use not to make it cooler. Using 2 fingers to zoom in and out of a picture is much more intuitive to a none geek then other systems.

zxxgp said:
Karel Jansens said:

The point is to make the phone easier to use not to make it cooler. Using 2 fingers to zoom in and out of a picture is much more intuitive to a none geek then other systems.

And it ended up being intuitive and cool. We can have cool stuff too.

I think there was some talk of this before wasn't there? Like, moving both analogs down at the same time to scroll down, or the zoom in/out and rotate stuff? Sounds like a good idea to me, but I'm not sure what software exists to get us there. I wonder if MPX would help us with this?

If you want to use it as a business device at meetings etc., just get a bluetooth keyboard and type on that with the pandora right behind it, people won't think otherwise...Or like put on an HP or Palm sticker on the back so they think it's just a work PDA. :p

a big badge saying PDA, i know a lot of people that would actually fool... including my old boss
its almost enough to make you sad

Back