Pandora Car Kit

Personally, I notice two fails:

• Posting in a topic over three months old without good reason.
  • Quoting an entire post, and an 8 month old post at that.

Sorry, that whole quoting entire post thing was kind of dumb of me. I'm sorry.

So I see my thread was locked and then unlocked again overnight. :lol:

I sort of understand the old thread policy (sort of...) but this is a project thread. Even if updates are months apart, I'm still going to bump this rather than start whole new one.

Gruso said:

I sort of understand the old thread policy (sort of...) but this is a project thread. Even if updates are months apart, I'm still going to bump this rather than start whole new one.

Here here (I knew squidge had a heart, just had to unlock it :p )

Last edited by a moderator:
What about trying to add something like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYzrsoF0GE

(Pretty pointless but would be cool if you could add some terminator-esk red filter B) )

with something like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/8-0M-MP-USB-Webcam-Web-Camera-Infrared-Night-Vision-Mic_W0QQitemZ260471386575QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_ComputerComponents_Webcams?hash=item3ca54df1cf&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Gruso said:

If isn't active enough it doesn't belong in the forums. Consider the unofficial wiki
As a bonus, the pictures will still be there and it can be more useful from a project standpoint. You can also bump months apart there.

It shouldn't have been unlocked. Not that it's a problem like others.

The official line is that if you want to post in a topic that was last active in several months ago, you should create a new thread and reference the old one in the first post. That way people don't start reading from the beginning and then notice the date after the 3rd page and grumble - they just get the new content, and if they forgot or didn't read the first part, they can read up by clicking the link.

We try not to be too evil, so if a thread gets locked and a good reason for unlocking it is PMd to us, it usually gets done.

trendy said:
Gruso said:

If isn't active enough it doesn't belong in the forums. Consider the unofficial wiki
As a bonus, the pictures will still be there and it can be more useful from a project standpoint. You can also bump months apart there.

For somebody with only 17 posts, I've noticed how you are not shy about saying what should and shouldn't be said (or done) around here.

It would be better to be a wiki or similar which shares the logins because forums aren't for projects, especially if there is little interest or low time/interest ratio.
I know what I said isn't a good solution. But space is limited for the number of topics and it's getting annoying because of the short life topics.

Another solution is a captcha for those that don't have some status (boolean).

When the captcha is active:

1. 2nd post in 24h if less than (50+penalties) posts
2. 3rd post in 24h if less than (100+penalties) posts

When to be eligible for the status:

1. have over (100 + penalties) posts
2. posts are informative or decent

Give warning it will be implemented, code it for bad times. If people don't show responsability it gets enabled.
also give somewhat exceptional users the ability to give/remove(only what they assigned) status to others

Penalties:
crap posting, bad behaviour, digging threads, not reading the faq ...

That should make some stop posting nonsense and preserve a better spirit

Nation.A.List said:
trendy said:
Gruso said:

For somebody with only 17 posts, I've noticed how you are not shy about saying what should and shouldn't be said (or done) around here.
It's a problem that I have to say it. Some are acting too childish. It's not like I wanted to be over 10 posts this soon.
If you have a problem about my not so shy 2 comments in Eta On 2Nd Batch? this is not the place to say something about.

Perhaps your plan for a better new world would be better placed on the wiki too?

I'd rather read an old thread full of good content than a new one full of off topic rambling. I'll probably start a fresh one when I'm able to continue the project... just to annoy you.

Gruso said:
Perhaps your plan for a better new world would be better placed on the wiki too?
No it wouldn't, because it's only a present action. Also the wiki is too 'offshore'.
It wouldn't be a better world, it would just allow and guarantee a little more enjoyment/usefulness for those, that at least seem, to provide it.

I'd rather read an old thread full of good content than a new one full of off topic rambling. I'll probably start a fresh one when I'm able to continue the project... just to annoy you.
I hardly wait to see it :rolleyes:
And I quote you because you encouraged it, someone else was at fault/the annoyance (contribution was offtopic).

I personal like project threads weather or not there regularly updated. Let face it at this point the community doesn't' have a whole lot to talk about and project threads like this stave off my hunger for Pandora. :D

Back