If The Pandora Was A Car...

tantepose said:
"Hey, this car looks neat! How fast can it go?"

"Yeah, well, it can go like REALLY fast!"

"Ok, like, how fast?"
As fast as you can drive it.
"Well, that depends on the road and weather and stuff, you know. Difficult question."

"Ok, so, what can it do?"

"It can do everything! As long as you make it do it yourself. And as long as its not to difficult, you know."

"Ok... but what can it do by default?"

"Nothing, or something, well, we dont actually know."

"Can i try it out?"

"Sorry, its not finished yet. This is a plastic model made by my daughter, how it will actually look like, we dont know. But we are quite sure it will have four wheels, and some doors. Your free to buy it if you like! We only make 3000, so hurry up!"

"Perhaps i will, but youll give me more info in a little while, right?"

"Yeah, sure! You just have to step into that little room right there, where people spend their days speculating on what this car will actually be like. Its really neat."

"What do you mean?"

"We're to busy to give you any info, im afraid. So we just leave people to think whatever they want. Its great."

"But, like, it says here it'll be done in a couple of months, you have to know something?!"

"Sure we do! Sometimes, we step into the room and whisper something, like "seriously, this car is FAST you guys" and stuff like "the screws we use to fasten the tires are of this type"."

"So, i have to pay for this now, not get any info in weeks, not knowing what im actually buying and just hope for the best?"

"Thats about it, yes."

"Ok, i'll take it."

I feel like somebody is making fun of us.

Meh, I don't care, its whats under the hood that counts :) (except for chevy, all the german engineered motors in the world can't save their piss-poor interior and lousy uncomfortable seats.)

Last edited by a moderator:
tantepose said:
"We're to busy to give you any info, im afraid. So we just leave people to think whatever they want. Its great."
Don't be so harsh. Maybe the island they moved to with all our money doesn't have a decent internet connection.

Regarding money-making, there is much more legally to gain out of this project, than escaping with that few dollars ;)

theoddbot said:
tantepose said:
Don't be so harsh. Maybe the island they moved to with all our money doesn't have a decent internet connection.

I just hope that the island they moved to with all our money is not iceland :eek:

This all reminds me of a microsoft joke:
Bill Gates soul is given the choice to enter heaven or hell.
He says: show me!
Heaven was like floating on clouds playing the harp all day long.
Hell was like a permament way too loud heavy metal concert with backstage pass to fuck all the hussies left over by the band.
Bill Gates opted for the latter.
He instantly was placed in a pool full of boiling tar side by side with thousands other tortured souls sharing his fate.
He complained to the devil that this was not what he had opted for, and the devil shortcutted him: "What you saw was the demo-version"

Hopefully we all end up with at least what we expected on preorder-date.

grobi

Damn, if the op actually placed a pre-order under the conditions he described, then he's really too dumb to operate the Pandora and should cancel stat! Seriously, he would have the iq of a gerbil.

The rest of us got all the components and features (engine, transmission, stereo, etc) listed, and have been able to observe an unfinished prototype in action. With updates as recent as a couple days ago - MAME. Damn, I feel sorry for the dumb bastards Craigix keeps locked in a room with only the assurance that the "car will have four doors." :-( Poor guys.

PolloLoco said:
Damn, if the op actually placed a pre-order under the conditions he described, then he's really too dumb to operate the Pandora and should cancel stat! Seriously, he would have the iq of a gerbil.

The rest of us got all the components and features (engine, transmission, stereo, etc) listed, and have been able to observe an unfinished prototype in action. With updates as recent as a couple days ago - MAME. Damn, I feel sorry for the dumb bastards Craigix keeps locked in a room with only the assurance that the "car will have four doors." :-( Poor guys.
you are absolutely right, my good sir.

how could i not have seen this.

i will cancel my order, right away.

thank you.

and thank you for understanding the consept of exaggeration.

hugs and kisses,
gerbil

PolloLoco said:

Think again about you IQ comment ;)
I think you so missed the meaning of the original post :rolleyes:
Look at the signature of TaG for further comments B)

tantepose said:

thank you.

hugs and kisses,
gerbil
Don't try to school others on literary methods when you can't spell concept.
Besides- that isn't exaggeration.

PoisonedV said:
tantepose said:

thank you.

hugs and kisses,
gerbil
Don't try to school others on literary methods when you can't spell concept.
Besides- that isn't exaggeration.

im also terribly sorry for not being american or british.

but hey, forget about this, i wasnt after some kind of a fight with anyone.

neither a discussion over the term exaggeration. either way, my post was not meant to be read litterally. that might be a misspelling, again. olala.

thanks for alot of feedback, i was afraid i was going to be flamed out of this place.

thanks.

TeaJunky said:
kinda reminds me of the guys making this http://www.moller.com/

I really liked the quote the moller people had on their website...

'New Technology goes through three stages:

First it is ridiculed by those ignorant of its potential

Next, it is subverted by those threatened by its potential

Finally, it is considered self-evident.'

-unknown

tantepose,

I thought your first post was absolutely hilarious. It seems many of us on the boards are so used to being attacked by those claiming vaporware that it's a kneejerk reaction whenever someone hints something that isn't positive. Or at least I hope that's the case.

Many of us, myself included, have never pre-ordered a product before, especially one that doesn't exist in it's final form quite yet. I have never before now checked a forum several times per day for new developments. In fact, I don't remember buying into the hype of a product. And the hype of the pandora is created by none other than ourselves.

Perhaps it's only because I'm a fan of Douglas Adams and his style of prose, but I see a satirical commentary on how exciting this experience is for all of us.

Let's take it for what it is and turn down the negativity - I came here to read comments regarding new developments, I am staying for the community.

tantepose said:

thank you.

hugs and kisses,
gerbil
:lol: :lol: :lol:

tantepose said:
im also terribly sorry for not being american or british.
Oh, then what nationality?

People need to lighten up. I believe this thread's main purpose is to show us a zoom-out look at what has happened and to provide comedic relief for all of the people who normally have a bloodthirsty sense of.... I don't know, nothing short of personal justice for their own side of the debate. I think it has magnificently done both and we should all sip our coffee to a new generation of portability and freedom.

かんぱい!

I found the OP's first posting funny too. Loved it. And I'm a happy pre-orderer. :D

mali said:
PolloLoco said:

Nope, you better try rolling your eyes at your literary or composition teacher (even if it's not English) to see what they think about the topic.

The Gerbil wrote this thread as a metaphor. But failed to realize that a metaphor loses it's meaning and becomes comedy with exaggeration. Hence why I made fun of him right back - I don't really think there's some poor bastards locked in a room without knowledge of the product they ordered. His post is funny, but hardly relevant.

Also - TaG's signature is SARCASM. Sarcasm uses comedy to poke fun at the opposite implied meaning. IE - TaG doesn't really think there's a switch on the sun. The Gerbil, however, in his serious post expressed frustration at the level of updates. So he's exaggerating his frustration. That's NOT sarcasm.

In short - this thread is funny, but has little relevance to the Pandora development process. That's what I was pointing out.

*By the way - the gerbil comments are also a joke, since I 100% don't believe the OP actually believes his story as meant to be taken seriously.

PolloLoco said:
mali said:
PolloLoco said:

Nope, you better try rolling your eyes at your literary or composition teacher (even if it's not English) to see what they think about the topic.

The Gerbil wrote this thread as a metaphor. But failed to realize that a metaphor loses it's meaning and becomes comedy with exaggeration. Hence why I made fun of him right back - I don't really think there's some poor bastards locked in a room without knowledge of the product they ordered. His post is funny, but hardly relevant.

Also - TaG's signature is SARCASM. Sarcasm uses comedy to poke fun at the opposite implied meaning. IE - TaG doesn't really think there's a switch on the sun. The Gerbil, however, in his serious post expressed frustration at the level of updates. So he's exaggerating his frustration. That's NOT sarcasm.

In short - this thread is funny, but has little relevance to the Pandora development process. That's what I was pointing out.

*By the way - the gerbil comments are also a joke, since I 100% don't believe the OP actually believes his story as meant to be taken seriously.

Calm down :)
Part of signature I was refering to:
trooper wrote:
I guess someone fell between the wall and the bed getting out of it this morning. But thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread anyway.

The original post was obviously self-ironic, just read the very last sentence:
"Ok, i'll take it."

So overall his intention was just to ask for some consolation and no flames ;)
Don't take this so bitterly serious :)

TaG said:
My ears are burning...
This really is one of the best threads around :lol:

Hmm...
Thinking more in depth about it, it seems, that we are locked in some kind of foreign language misinterpretation :) I will search for a new thread before I risk my neck with careless talk :D

haha, ok, seriously, look:

1. I ordered the Pandora
2. I know more about the Pandora than that it has four wheels. Or not.
3. I get frustrated when i want something really much, and dont get it. (in this case, more information about the pandora)
4. I could probably lurk more forumthreads and get more information, yes, yes i could im sure
5. I'm from Norway, but the post is not a question of language, its a question of wether or not you are allowed to take something and, like, blow it up, put in perspective, "SETTE DET PÅ SPISSEN" as we norwegians say, and yes yes yes, I know the post is far fetched and all, yes yes yes
6. I love making lists
7. I love pandora
8. I love you

(not edited for spellingfails)

mali said:
PolloLoco said:
mali said:
PolloLoco said:

Calm down :)
Part of signature I was refering to:
trooper wrote:
I guess someone fell between the wall and the bed getting out of it this morning. But thank you for your valuable contribution to this thread anyway.

The original post was obviously self-ironic, just read the very last sentence:
"Ok, i'll take it."

So overall his intention was just to ask for some consolation and no flames ;)
Don't take this so bitterly serious :)

Hmmm, I'm not? And I actually pointed it out several times in the last post - so I'll assume we're having language issues.

I was just thinking of all the poor gerbils that Craigix keeps locked in that room. :-(

Back