Pandora Case

whiskthecat said:
Infinite Battery Life ;)

You know, if it really does give 4W of power, that ought to be enough to give you just that, surprisingly. I'm so used to solar chargers producing energy that's only useful over periods of 20h, but 4W?

Consider: 8.5h battery life on a nominally 4000mAh battery @3.7V
So draw per hour = 4000/8.5 = 470mA (note, of course, that the battery capacity may only be nominally 4000mAh so this is probably inaccurate).
P=I*V so 0.47*3.7 = 1.74W

Meaning that if the assumptions are correct, you ought to be able to not only run Pandora off this bag, but actually charge it while running, even when it's running at as full pelt as it can (presumably at 500MHz, since that is what all the software seems to be at at the mo). Ok, I'm sure you aren't going to get the full 4W on a cloudy day, but you ought to get enough, I imagine.

If I weren't saving for Pandora itself, I might well buy one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tobriand said:
Ok, I'm sure you aren't going to get the full 4W on a cloudy day, but you ought to get enough, I imagine.
In Croydon? ;) The other thought that ran through my mind was that to recharge the Pandora you would need to be outside, where the screen will probably not be at its best, although if you walk/cycle places Pandora could be charged by the time you get to your destination. :)

Depends on quality of plastic on outer shell. My original DS suffered badly from scratches but my DS Lite had a different finish that was resistant to scratches.

I'll wait until I actually have a Pandora and see if I think i'll need a gadget condom :D

I really don't care about scratches, but i will test the "flexibility" of the shell. If it flexes too much (so it can damage the screen for instance) i'll get a hard case to wrap it in.

waffles said:
im probably just going to put clear tape over the outside.
Wouldn`t it make it difficult to open ?, I mean you would have to cut the tape every time you wanted to use it. :rolleyes:

Trooper

trooper said:
waffles said:
im probably just going to put clear tape over the outside.
Wouldn`t it make it difficult to open ?, I mean you would have to cut the tape every time you wanted to use it. :rolleyes:

Trooper

It is cheaper than a vinyl skin ;)

If it is sturdy enough a vinyl skin and a foam lined cloth pouch would be enough for me. (although lets see how cheap some clear 3M protect all is)

I second the question about the wrist strap provision, this seems like a must have for something this expensive, unless you plan to use it solely on soft lawns or shag carpet.

nubie said:
I second the question about the wrist strap provision, this seems like a must have for something this expensive, unless you plan to use it solely on soft lawns or shag carpet.
definitely. you know, with the exception of water damage, every broken digital camera i've ever encountered didn't have the (included) wrist strap attached to it. i don't think that's a coincidence.

Back