Pandora Indie Devs

FRZ

Website
Visit site
Apart from the regular developers of the Pandora namely; Craig, DaveC, DJwillis, Evildragon, Fatih, Mweston and Squidge, I would like know who else is planning on making software for the system, independently.

I bet most of the people on this forum are going to try to contribute to the pandora software wise as much as they can. Indie is all the pandora has. I guess you could try to call it third party but i think indie is a much better term.

skeezix said:
FRZ .. check the gp32 and gp2x wikis and backhistory.. half those guys.

(Including me)

jeff

I tried a search but, didn't come up with anything. I just thought it'd be nice anyway for folks to get a small account on the support the devise would get once it hits consumer's hands. So anyone who feel like they will add something in terms of programs and homebrew games could give a heads up here to let the average lurker know what to expect.

Last edited by a moderator:
look on the emulators page for a list of people working on diferent emulators but their will be a lot more people working on projects like the guy (sorry forgot who) thats working on quake 3

I'm working on three original games just for the pandora. One of which will be available shortly after launch (I hope). The second of which will be available a short time after that. The third is a much longer term project.

The first is an action arcade style game and the second is an old school puzzler.

I'm sure people will be creating new and original games for the pandora for a long time.

I'm having a go at developing a platformer, but having never coded a game of this size before I'm sure I'm making a mess of my code with bad practices. I'm sure it will get released some day though.
So far all that happens is that your guy can run left and right and jump. I'm working on trying to figure out the best way to load a level from a file and add some better collision detection and level scrolling.

I've never written any game ever. but i have been writing code for different stamps modules and stuff. so i have a bit of experience. I really believe that this is gonna be my big chance of getting better programming.
And i'm planning on making a game.

Milander said:
I've never written any game ever. but i have been writing code for different stamps modules and stuff. so i have a bit of experience. I really believe that this is gonna be my big chance of getting better programming.
I agree.

I've also done some coding in the past and intend to have a go at writing something for Pandora. I'm sure that same is true of many people on the forum.

Pandora because it is open source is a great opportunity for anyone to learn/improve their coding skills.

Wookiee said:
Milander said:
I agree.

I've also done some coding in the past and intend to have a go at writing something for Pandora. I'm sure that same is true of many people on the forum.

Pandora because it is open source is a great opportunity for anyone to learn/improve their coding skills.

Yeah definitely. I already have that coders itch in my finger ^_^

I'll be upto something.. I already am and have been for a while, actually..

Now I've finished my uni course, I actually have some time to devote to messing about with devices! No more lengthy dissertations, hehe

Seeing as I'm still on the lookout for a job, any extra stuff on my portfolio is always a good thing too :)

I'll surely be developing a few things. Have some ideas in mind but nothing solid yet. Can't friggin wait to get this thing.

I'll start with some hello world and then either learn better C or make some stuff in python. Either way, I'll definitely do my best to code for the pandora

Back