What Indie Devs Have Been Approached so far?

I think we should offer a Pandora as incentive / assistance to any game dev who ports

and sells or releases their game for our platform.

I'd chip in $100 a hit for that.

Probably not a big incentive enough. If it takes 2 weeks for a developer to make a port for Pandora, that's probably something like a couple of thousands of dollars of programmer-pay work, and a Pandora + expected sales (look at Kami Retro, only about 50 sales) is never going to make it up for it.

The best way you can convince programmers to invest on the Pandora is by growing the market size. 4000 Pandoras is way too small, you need to get to 10 times more users if you ever expect to see specific development for it. And with the production speed (250/week) and seeing how ED is busy (already difficult to manage current orders) there's no way it will happen in the current paradigm.

I'm all for specific ports for the Pandora, but all facts and reason tells me it won't happen anytime soon. Chipping a couple hundred dollars will not change anything.

Probably not a big incentive enough. If it takes 2 weeks for a developer to make a port for Pandora, that's probably something like a couple of thousands of dollars of programmer-pay work, and a Pandora + expected sales (look at Kami Retro, only about 50 sales) is never going to make it up for it.

The best way you can convince programmers to invest on the Pandora is by growing the market size. 4000 Pandoras is way too small, you need to get to 10 times more users if you ever expect to see specific development for it. And with the production speed (250/week) and seeing how ED is busy (already difficult to manage current orders) there's no way it will happen in the current paradigm.

I'm all for specific ports for the Pandora, but all facts and reason tells me it won't happen anytime soon. Chipping a couple hundred dollars will not change anything.

The best things would be that someone from the community do the port for them, so they won't spend time on that. But they have to be faithful on someone and this is another story...

Another point is that the time spent on porting games vary a lot...The programming language used, if it's use opengl or not etc...

Sometimes, a straight recompile with button mapping is enough...but ok that's rare ;)

The other way to look at it is thus; Pandora gives a dev the chance to port their game to both arm and opengl ES. There might be a bit of a market there in terms of going mobile/Raspberry PI/beagle etc.

So its not like were using something no one else is...

I dont want to sound too negative but the rasp pi is not even shipping the orders placed, and there is no standard way of selling applications to it. Beagle has been around for a while and as far as i know commercial,games support is worse than on the pandora.

I've got a RaspberryPi running my applications on it, and am thinking of offering pre-configured SD cards for customers. This might work.

Mr Negative :) .

What someone else here said is probably most accurate, I imagine we're at the mercy of trusting enough indie devs who are happy with an NDA (or not sometimes) and a community member doing the port Icculas style...

Time to get the "how to port games to pandora for dummies" out for a quick read lol

I dont want to sound too negative but the rasp pi is not even shipping the orders placed, and there is no standard way of selling applications to it. Beagle has been around for a while and as far as i know commercial,games support is worse than on the pandora.

Back