The Humble Indie Bundle

narls

Still Fresh
Hello, bit of a noob post here but I wanted to bring this indie game bundle to everyones attention and also ask "would these games run on the Pandora?".

This pack is a bundle of 5 indie games, cross platform, that cost whatever you are willing to donate for them.
The Humble Bundle

There is also a deal where you can get the Penumbra games for $5 here:
Penumbra collection

My appologies if this is posted in the wrong section.

Hi and welcome. First post since 2004, wow. :)

First, thanks for the links. Nice bargains. As for Pandora compatibility, those games are cross platform but they're not open source. In their current form they'll run on x86 machines only, not ARM machines like Pandora is. If they were open source they could be ported.

All hope is not lost though. Lugaru has been looked at before, and some time ago one of the Lugaru guys said they'd be willing to let the right person have access to the source code to do a Pandora port:

http://www.gp32x.de...post__p__658724

(That was a LONG time ago, but once Pandora is shipping we can start contacting devs like this again.)

Regarding Penumbra, there was thread on that very recently, with a glimmer of hope inside (post #16):

http://www.gp32x.de...unning-penumbra

The World of Goo guys also know about Pandora and have received plenty of port requests. The Pandora team will probably look at sending hardware to indie studios like this, if they see potential in it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a limited time offer so be sure to check out the website while you can! Plus your money is going to a good cause.

I saw the deal on Slashdot and got it immediately. I don't know what Child's Play is but I like the EFF and like the idea of supporting developers directly. If this works out, maybe the Pandora appstore(or whatever it'll be called) could do some bundle sales like this.

Gruso said:
As for Pandora compatibility, those games are cross platform but they're not open source. In their current form they'll run on x86 machines only, not ARM machines like Pandora is. If they were open source they could be ported.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the friendly answer!
I should have known better :/

Bought it!

Now owned by SO MANY Soon2be Pandorañeros there is no more excuse not to port :D Hopefully I can use my license for the Pandora as well....

Those seem pretty cool.
Its retro style but without the negative (coarse-graphics)

I have a question.
I also accidentally found THIS looks pretty cool (exactly like GTA2 but more 3Dish/Pokemon view).
Any idea on what game it is?
Port to Pandora?
(here's the preview)
screenshot0226.jpg

ed: fixed link

jottt said:
Hopefully I can use my license for the Pandora as well....
that would actually be a very good reason not to port it to the Pandora. Why port something that you aren't going to sell any of?

WizardStan said:
jottt said:
Hopefully I can use my license for the Pandora as well....
that would actually be a very good reason not to port it to the Pandora. Why port something that you aren't going to sell any of?

Advertising :) Having a lovely company porting stuff I already own because I really like to play it again, will stick in my mind as a company worth buying from, because I see they care even though they have my money. I will certainly check their future programs and of course recommend them to my friends (and maybe they are happy Pandorians too, soon. After all...having 100 People here buying the game still leave 3900 potential first-batch-customers :p

I actually bought "world of goo" from Game a year or so ago, first indie game I have seen in the shops, the best bit was I could just use it under Linux by copying the game files to the demo folder, no stupid DRM stopping me from using what I bought as I please, I also recommended it to all my gaming friends, and gave em a copy of the DEMO, even though it's unprotected, 2dboy made a good decision imo when he released it without stupid DRM.

now, UT3 on the other hand, :angry: , a single player mode where I have to be on-line?, I played it once, tried it a few weeks later, same issues (I'm on 3G for internet, when modem sleeps I lose current game progress, saves etc, then user name becomes invalid) both times, will no longer buy any of the UT franchise (single player game plot was cr*p anyway, many maps just re-skinned or minor alterations from UT2004) bad all round imo, still play UT2004 though :D

hobbyman II said:
I actually bought "world of goo" from Game a year or so ago, first indie game I have seen in the shops, the best bit was I could just use it under Linux by copying the game files to the demo folder, no stupid DRM stopping me from using what I bought as I please, I also recommended it to all my gaming friends, and gave em a copy of the DEMO, even though it's unprotected, 2dboy made a good decision imo when he released it without stupid DRM.
You know you can just go back to the download link given in your email and redownload any of the Windows, Linux, and Mac versions at any time, yes? You didn't need to copy the data files into the demo folder or whatever, just download each installer as often as you need. Hard drive crash, redownload. Change operating systems entirely, redownload! They did a lot of very good things for their customers. :)
I don't begrudge companies that do sell Windows, Mac, and Linux versions as separate software, but it is nice when I can jump from one to the other :)

edit: Oh gah, I'm an idiot. You actually bought a physical copy? Not off their website? Sorry, my mistake, I didn't catch that part until after I'd responded. Ignore me.

Well I didn't want to make a thread in here since I knew none of this (currently) run on the Pandora's hardware, but I'm totally geeked out over this sale!
I love the Name-Your-Price system, I love the lack of DRM, and I love supporting two worthy organizations AND independent developers AND cross-platform gaming all in one stroke. Actually buying them was painless too! This offered convinced me to give those games a try, and glad I did.

Sweet deal!

@DroneB Dev: I am disappoint. How's that for failing to make you feel bad?

Back