The Humble Indie Bundle

Aninhumer said:
EDIT:
To be honest, being a Linux user has made me totally comfortable pirating Windows.
It's just made it feel like an OS is something that should be free.

But I still pay for games (mainly due to Steam sales, I'd have to say).

Why pay for games? There are hundereds of great free games which you could easily apply the same philosiphy to. They just make you feel like games are something that should be free...

Last edited by a moderator:
Unless you want to have to make do with about one decently sized game a year, developers do need some form of payment to be able to have teams work full-time on new games...
Or, said differently, the amount of decently sized games produced by people who don't get paid is very low...

Pleng said:
Why pay for games? There are hundereds of great free games which you could easily apply the same philosiphy to. They just make you feel like games are something that should be free...
Because there are no free games which match the quality of the games I buy.
I don't think you could name a free game which is as good as Halflife 2 or Portal.
(Especially seeing as the measure here is my opinion :p)

Whereas Windows is technically vastly inferior to its free alternative in a variety of ways.
It's merits are not actually related to the quality of the product itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
They only got 70000 in 10 hours. Unless they get a sudden boost at the end, they'll only get 45000 in the next 6.5 hours.

And they manage to pull in 20000 in 1.5 hours. That's a great improvement. It's going to be really close!

Everyone that's been putting it off is being reminded it's nearly over.
And also probably people who want them to release source donating a bit more.

The last 4 hours has seen an average of 13000. With 1.75 hours and 26000 short, they're likely going to come in just a few thousand under the million mark. Unless someone makes a large contribution at the last minute.
Which is really surprising, considering the rate at which it was increasing just 9 hours ago they would have barely exceeded 900000.

Back