The Humble Indie Bundle

JDGBOLT said:
Wow, I would call that quite a success for them. And they just extended it for another week, so anyone that still wants to get in on it still can. And it seems that there are plans to open source Lugaru HD, Aquaria, Gish, and Penumbra. Obviously they are making it open source, as in the source, not necessarily the games themselves being free. But should be great to see if we can get all of those games working on the pandora! :)
Most of us bought the humble indie bundle, we have an official license for the content of those games :D
You'll just have to put the originals data packages from your paid game to the open source software, like it's done for doom, quake, hexen, ... open source engines.

Last edited by a moderator:
crade said:
7 Hour? Mine says 4 days
It was 7 hours. Then it was 7 days. Now it's 4 days.
Me thinks someone couldn't figure out what time they were setting :p

Ravnos said:
may88 said:
Me too. Sorry guys downloading the windows versions SLOWLY as the Ubuntu Lucid upgrade has buggered up Grub so I can't boot.

<$20K come on someone.

You should be able to grab all 3 versions of everything in one go. I grabbed both the Linux and Windows versions of each game from my Mac after I bought it.
Yup! Worked that out all by myself. But thanks. Still very slow.

Edit: "WE" made it and the sources are being prepared ASAP!

Awesome news on the open sourcing of several of the games! Gish seems like a nice fit for the Pandora!

I AM a little suspiscious about how they made up the last stretch of cash... just check the top donations to see what I mean $1337 and $3333.33 hmmmm Anyway who cares more games that could be playable on our lovely handheld soon! :D

Woohoo, just got back from work and this is my surprise! I didn't know Aquaria was going open source also, that is great news! I played that for a while last night and that would be awesome on the Pandora.

I wonder if the art for these games will also go open source or if it's like an id thing where the art can't be distributed but the engine can. . . Even if that is the case then someone here can port the engine and maybe we can get the devs of these games to sell the art over the Pandora store.

Great news though, this morning when there were 8 hours left I thought it could go either way, glad that it went this way!

second exodous said:
Woohoo, just got back from work and this is my surprise! I didn't know Aquaria was going open source also, that is great news! I played that for a while last night and that would be awesome on the Pandora.

I wonder if the art for these games will also go open source or if it's like an id thing where the art can't be distributed but the engine can. . . Even if that is the case then someone here can port the engine and maybe we can get the devs of these games to sell the art over the Pandora store.

Great news though, this morning when there were 8 hours left I thought it could go either way, glad that it went this way!

A port of Aquaria was exactly the first thought I also had when I saw that game was also going open source. Quite an amazing result!

Very nice Idea with this Open Source move. :)
I hope, somebody with a Pandora and coding skills is able to port these Games. And I hope, they can run onto the Pandory, don't know how good/bad optimized the code is. I hope the pandora can take advantage of some OMAP Hardware Features. ^_^

I did some digging: http://www.gameproducer.net/2007/05/09/sales-stats-gish-121000-sales/

In the first 3/4 years after it's release (from 2004 to mid 2007), Gish made $121,000 total profit from every method of distribution.

In seven days as part of the indie bundle, it beat that figure with a total of $145,034.

Bit late but I just bought the pack. Handy as I have just sacked Windows for Ubuntu on my desktop so I'll now have some games to play :D

Tripmonkey_uk said:
I think the Pandora devs should adopt Gish as the official Pandora mascot seeing as though the source will be released.
Sonic and Mario can go screw :D
Gish and the Pandora are the same color, Tar, so it's a good fit.

Hopefully the art is released also, just not the source for the engine, then Gish can be bundled with the Pandora.

forces/before said:
Will Aquaria have "Awesome Nub magic control", or "Awesome touch magic control"?
I think that Aquaria IS made for controlling by nub or joystick!
The Bind song is Hadouken! :p

i somehow played the demo to machanarium last night after reading this thread, lovely game.
told my housemate about it today and he bought the bundle off steam for £15 which included the full version.

6 of us have been playing machinarium all night long :D

I HATE GRUSO! I need to sleep - keep playing World of Goo constantly! Eyes starting to bleed! Must rest!

Oh! Yeah! Just noticed - It's my Birthday!

Back