Pandora Logo?

There should be a forum based 'make the best pandora wallpaper' competition ... although i'm not sure how good it would be considering they would be wallpapers for a machine that for all we know could be some huge prank ...

cappuchok said:
fusion_power said:
Uh, I think my 1337-speak isn't good enough to see the word PANDORA in something like "p&|a" :lol: P-AND-DOR-A"?
No lame "leet-speak" is involved. Thankfully...

p&|a reads as "P-and-or-a"
Detailed explanation: (& = logical AND operator, | = logical OR operator). Most programming languages use these.

yeah its not leet its logic which makes it cool too all geeks and not just 12 year old leet-boys :D

1337 is dead, and if it still lingers somewhere on the net it should be put out of its misery

Last edited by a moderator:
p&|a should be too geeky. I like it but it is not for common folks. And pandora must be lovely even for mass of BFU. BFU has buying power and pandora need this.

So we need some like "Pandora, be clever!" slogan. A simple, nice, "free", "cool" and "in" icons for freecoolins. Freecoolins are comon modern people, controled by market. They do not want think about thing, they want buy it, use it, play it, love it.

Pandora must have likely image, must be simple to use and must be presented as something super and special that make you super and special.

Think about it. I guess that Craig thinking this way. Or other way the first run of 3000 pieces may be the last one.

Haha lol, just got p&|a, brilliant.
Us guys could use it as an abriviation in these discussions :)

pandora said:
Haha lol, just got p&|a, brilliant.
Us guys could use it as an abriviation in these discussions :)
Abbreviation? Hmm. Whole word "pandora" is typed in 7 key strokes. Abbreviation "p&|a" I type in 7 key strokes too (Czech layout for programers: p, AltGr+7, AltGr+Shift+\, a). On English kbd it is typed by 6 strokes (p, Shift+7, Shift+\, a).

p&|a is much more ascii rebus :)

"p&|a , My Everything"

Since we are marketing it as an everything device.

;)

@ I'm also working on a logo ATM, I'll post in a lil.

p&|a could be reshaped and stuff for a cool icon, but i believe simplicity is the best choice in this case. but i still love it! took me awhile though, im only a c++ dev so i probly would have realized it sooner if it were p&&||a

Linkous said:
p&|a could be reshaped and stuff for a cool icon, but i believe simplicity is the best choice in this case. but i still love it! took me awhile though, im only a c++ dev so i probly would have realized it sooner if it were p&&||a
You only use && and || in C++ ? :eek: & and | are still perfectly valid. You can even use them as shortcuts in some cases (if the expressions are boolean for example - "if (a&b) {blah} rather than "if (a&&b) {blah}". The former also guarantees that both expressions are fully evaluated, rather than stopping at the first that returns false).

Damn, now I feel like a geek :(

cappuchok said:
fusion_power said:
Uh, I think my 1337-speak isn't good enough to see the word PANDORA in something like "p&|a" :lol: P-AND-DOR-A"?
No lame "leet-speak" is involved. Thankfully...

p&|a reads as "P-and-or-a"
Detailed explanation: (& = logical AND operator, | = logical OR operator). Most programming languages use these.

| = logical OR, ok, I've got it completely now. :) Not bad, not bad. ^^

MechsWillOneDayStepOnYou said:
1337 is dead, and if it still lingers somewhere on the net it should be put out of its misery
Better not tell this Largo from the "Megatokyo" Online Comic. ;)

Squidge said:
You only use && and || in C++ ? :eek: & and | are still perfectly valid. You can even use them as shortcuts in some cases (if the expressions are boolean for example - "if (a&b) {blah} rather than "if (a&&b) {blah}". The former also guarantees that both expressions are fully evaluated, rather than stopping at the first that returns false).

Damn, now I feel like a geek :(

You are talking like one. :lol: But thats fine. In the 21. Century the geeks will rule the world. ;)

cappuchok said:
As in many languages copy these operators straight from C, where &, |, ~ and ^ are bitwise operators (and, or, not, xor), while &&, || and ! are logical (and, or, not). p&|a is invalid syntax, as there's no operand between the two operators, but a cute way to write pandora.

Gah. I made a logo with p&|a today, but it was in guitar class. So the p and the a are notes, while the | is a double bar line. Of course this won't work, too restrictive.

Edit: This just gave me another idea which I will work on.

pandlogo1.png

this is a quick one, i was toying with a few more at my house that are better than this i think. this is for the q-bert lovers though.

edit: oh yeah P&|A ftw. i was trying to do a logotype with that but it's very hard to make it look "not weird".

Back