Pandora Logo?

p&|a would be amazing if it was engraved (the inverted embossing that someone was talking about earlier but couldn't think of the word for) on the outside of the top half. printing it on in a different color would work too. i think we all want it to appear on there somewhere.

yannv said:
cappuchok said:
Detailed explanation: (& = logical AND operator, | = logical OR operator). Most programming languages use these.
As in many languages copy these operators straight from C, where &, |, ~ and ^ are bitwise operators (and, or, not, xor), while &&, || and ! are logical (and, or, not). p&|a is invalid syntax, as there's no operand between the two operators, but a cute way to write pandora.

That's an even better explanation. I forgot that a single & or | isn't a logical operator, thanks for clearing that up (been almost a decade since I wrote anything in C).

Last edited by a moderator:
yannv said:
cappuchok said:
Detailed explanation: (& = logical AND operator, | = logical OR operator). Most programming languages use these.
As in many languages copy these operators straight from C, where &, |, ~ and ^ are bitwise operators (and, or, not, xor), while &&, || and ! are logical (and, or, not). p&|a is invalid syntax, as there's no operand between the two operators, but a cute way to write pandora.
i knew it!

jesus christ stop it. No one buying a professional product wants to see such ridiculous things on their consumer electronics' cases.... they'd think some insane graphic designer, drunk with power or rum, mashed random keys before mass production and no one caught the error. You might as well just write Pandora in wingdings for how well it will come across to regular consumers.

Stealth Bagel said:
jesus christ stop it. No one buying a professional product wants to see such ridiculous things on their consumer electronics' cases.... they'd think some insane graphic designer, drunk with power or rum, mashed random keys before mass production and no one caught the error. You might as well just write Pandora in wingdings for how well it will come across to regular consumers.
Your just being negative :p

Stealth Bagel said:
seconded :)
maybe it has something to do with me feeling insulted if someone thinks i'm a geek :rolleyes:

kanzlr said:
Stealth Bagel said:
maybe it has something to do with me feeling insulted if someone thinks i'm a geek :rolleyes:

Thirded, I think it's a fucking retarded idea.

P&|A really rocks.

WTF, how is being geek insulting? May you need to assume yourself more =P

As for L33T: 17'5 n07 d34d, pwnd!1

Seriously, using ONLY P&|A is probably not the 'best' idea... although, as it is the case for the GP2X, I don't see how this device would appeal to non tech savyy (avoiding the term geek as to not inslt certain people here haha) people... so who cares really.

Point is, I think we definitely need a box shaped logo, which could have P&|A beneath it...

Just put a friggin' "Why P&|A?" FAQ on the homepage =P

I'll check in with my graphic designers to see if I can concretize something cool =)

EDIT: as for a Tag Line... I was toying with the idea 'Open Box'.... or 'Open Box : Open Source' ya know... bridging the ideas of the pandora box being open as in mythical greece open, as well as in open source open =)

pandora2.png

we're talking logos right? p&|a would be more of a type treatment, although it's quite cool.

@rokdcasbah: I really like the second one, and I think it would also look great in solid colour. Very creative :)

Nova said:
kanzlr said:
Stealth Bagel said:

Thirded, I think it's a fucking retarded idea.

Fourth'd.

Alex. said:
@rokdcasbah: I really like the second one, and I think it would also look great in solid colour. Very creative :)
Agreed.

So if this logo is going to be a box-shape. It will make Pandora feel like Pandora's box and the user feel like Pandora.

i dunno about case design, but i'm sure they're gonna want some sort of logo, as well as a type treatment, for marketing and such.

for the name, i was doing lucida bright, lowercase, with tight spacing between the letters, and though it looked cool. will post later.

the reason i did a gradient on the second one was because there's nothing there, so i'm not sure how i would draw the other side...it's just empty. it works when the rest of the box is there (see #3), but without it, you end up having to draw "nothing". but i will see what i can do.

Back