Pandora Logo - Take 2

C B Felterbush said:
I wonder why you guys bother with this. Why is the official website strutting the #14 logo if it isn't the one they plan on going with?

Because of this:

craigix said:
I'll give the site a few changes today, we didn't really decide 100% on the logo yet, the one that is there is more a place holder (for now).

Last edited by a moderator:
I like # 9 the best, but #14 is on the official site. I did read your comment about it, which helped me relax. I didint think that logo would make it, so... (its not A bad logo, it's just not what I have in mind for A cool Pandora logo. :p)

Anyhow when do we actually have A Poll? I cant wait to vote.

oh cool, I guess I missed that. I thought it was all done. Well in that case I like 3 the best as a logo. I think if fusion made that really nice last picture with his P and A together as one part of the rest of the word I think it could look great, and would make for a really nice opener when you powered up. Of course 3 could have a great opener as well.

Will these be all of the submissions? Are there others who don't want to show their work until a poll is official? I'm just curious. I'd like to know if there are people doing this, but they don't have to actually post their pictures as a reply.

I do think we need to make this official asap. Do we all agree that a logo/name should be placed on the Pandora somewhere?

It almost sounds like we need three polls:

1. Where to put the logo? (ie: large on lid, small under display)
2. Best logo to build into mold? (should show up well in monotone (etch/no etch))
3. Best logo with lots of color (possibility for animation) for boot screen, menu backgrounds, etc...

2 and 3 could also be combined into something that works both ways which seems to be the goal of most people I think.

MWeston said:
Will these be all of the submissions? Are there others who don't want to show their work until a poll is official? I'm just curious. I'd like to know if there are people doing this, but they don't have to actually post their pictures as a reply.

I do think we need to make this official asap. Do we all agree that a logo/name should be placed on the Pandora somewhere?
I had intended to give everybody a full week to modify / create logos, but if you think we should get going on it then I can make the poll now.

I don't think having two separate logos is a good idea. We need one consistant representation of the Pandora brand. Maybe it is enough to make a note on the poll that whatever logo you choose needs to be easily moldable into the case (no complicated textures or halftones).

Let me know what you want and I'll get on it.

I would have to go for number;

logotype.jpg
Shirohagen

pandoralogo6sc1.png
Kagato

Or

sizes.jpg
Eolair

i like the concept of 19, would need some work thou.
most of the overs look way to generic to be recognizable, some even resemble other logos to some degree.

Just a little modification to the font. I'm not sure which one I like better.

p1-1.jpg

If I had to pick a logo not mine it would be no 12 by HanDuo. I just love the simple happy feel to it.

Eolair said:

p1-1.jpg

If I had to pick a logo not mine it would be no 12 by HanDuo. I just love the simple happy feel to it.
Man, that is certainly something, I vote that!

Wowa. Thats kind of like a . . . futuristic subway graffiti art logo. kewel. :)

Eolair said:

p1-1.jpg

Nice Font, nice Logo, nice Design. :) I still have no clue, what this logo means... but it looks unique enough to be a candidate for the Official Logo.

I can quite easily put these logos on a realtime model of the Pandora itself to give us all a better idea of how they will look but I haven't been able to get the 3D model from EvilDragon. He first replied to my request saying "sure what format do you need it in" but then I haven't heard from him.

Does anyone else have the 3D model? I don't really have time to build a new one.

Starting with the ones I don't like and why I don't like them:
01 doesn't really work as a logo, and 02 is too bold in several ways.
05 Some resemblance to the Xbox360 logo, requires two colors.
06 looks like Pandxra to me.
07 I don't think "P&|A" should be in the logo. It's too dark, and I don't like the font, particularly because the o doesn't really look like an o.
08 Too complex, too "real". Bad choice of color and font.
10 Too wide as an icon.
11 Fireworks? Too complex, too playful.
13 I just don't like it, I don't know why.
16 and 17 lack curves, the color doesn't work.
18 Don't like the font, perspective on box is wrong
19 No icon, P&|A
20 ??
21 Well done artistically, but the big checkmark makes it appear like some "healthy food" logo
22 Too "retro".

And the "good ones":

12 seems alright though retro as well, but only variants 2 and 3. Antialiasing hurts the thin lines a bit, maybe HanDuo can make it bigger.

04 and 15 look nice, but they somehow lack the symbolic meaning. In a way that is true for 09 also, but that one looks really cool. ;)

14 works very well as an icon, just feels slightly too unexciting. I like the variant with the single leg, turning the box into "pa"

03 is quite brilliant: a very simple geometric shape that manages to encompass the box, the letter P, and the "play" symbol. It can be used as an icon and works in b/w. My favorite, but it also feels strangely familiar.

Xmas said:
04 and 15 look nice, but they somehow lack the symbolic meaning. In a way that is true for 09 also, but that one looks really cool. ;)
AFAIK O9 logo is Saturn's moon Pandora
ring_sat1.gif

Back