Pandora Logo - Take 2

If it has to be a 14 variant, the Pa version looks the best (after the original):
pandoratest429.gif

The other one with only the P looks very unprofessional to me.

I don't get 9. What is it? Feels like a chicken head... The style does not appeal to me...

I'm a little disappointed nobody made anything with pandas... :unsure:
With a cute style, it would have had my vote.

javaJake said:
I agree 110%! That is an awesome logo! :blink:
Yes. Nice agressive Font. .) Maybe to save space, the Logo could replace the "O"?:

p11ho8.png

Would be also a more clear difference between O and D.

Last edited by a moderator:
fusion_power said:
Yes. Nice agressive Font. .) Maybe to save space, the Logo could replace the "O"?:

Would be also a more clear difference between O and D.
Yes it could work, but I'm still not sure about using an aggressive font like this. It depends on what you want people to associate Pandora with.

pandoraalt.jpg

Eolair said:
Yes it could work, but I'm still not sure about using an aggressive font like this. It depends on what you want people to associate Pandora with.
Agreed. The "pointy" font is very distinctive. If Pandora were an energy drink or a brand of skateboarding accessories, I'd say use it. Unfortunately it is not enough that the font looks cool. It has to look cool and be appropriate for the product. Since Pandora is a handheld gaming console / palmtop computer, you want a font which connotates at least one of those functions.

Take your sig, for example. That could easily have been the marquee to any space combat arcade game in the mid 80s. The Last Starfighter wishes it's marquee exuded such pure arcade starfighterieness. That font screams retro gaming / arcade emulation. Maybe that's not the only thing we want our logo to say, but it's far more appropriate then "I'm uncomfortably energetic."

Eolair said:
I associate the Pandora with an aggressive Predator of a Handheld who eats NDS and PSP for Breakfast! :D So I think your font would fit for this. :) Nice "Alien" Shine of the Logo in your sig to. ;) If the Logo would be into the middle of the Text, this would fit perfectly. But the O in "Pandora" sadly isn't in the middle. ^^"

Here are my very crappy modifications:

pandoralogo1uo2.jpg

The second one is a very bad try of adding pictogram related to the features of the system. I have no clue of drawing and added those just to show the idea. Missing ones are others like wifi or something for meaning it has PDA functions.

pandoralogo2kb4.jpg

I hope someone with enough skills gets the idea, maybe it can be interesting.

Back