Pandora Logo?

P1010007.JPG

A Car, designed in Art Deco Style. Me likes! ^_^

Chip said:
fusion_power said:
I have my own design improved, nothing impressive but its easy to use as negative embossed relief. (with white paint into a black surface)
pandoralogo3aq4.png
I'm not a huge fan of the "open box" design, but I absolutely love the Tron font. Maybe try combining it with Alex's ninja star logo?

I'm a little leery of any blatantly box-related logo, but Alex's star is only a box if you're looking for it ;)

I've just used this Font because it was the only interesing one in my Font collection. :D Glad, you like it. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
check out these masterpieces!

Mine are just little demo ideas for a Pandora aimed at a younger audience, maybe it will be 'big in japan' hich these crazy pandas? ... no?
More a crap brain storm, cracked off in about 2 minutes in classic Kolourpaint :D CrainStorm

pandorapanda4.jpg

pandorapanda.jpg

pandorapanda2.jpg

PENGUIN8-bitlinux-1.jpg

pandorapanda3.jpg

panda.jpg

^ in this one it may also be prudent to make the baby panda be saying "duh" hahaha dumb pandas

@Alex: Really like yours, though tbh, I think I'd prefer it as a screensave on the device itself more than as the official logo. Imagine the logo/text/box as one surface, and then the starscape as the internal texture of a sphere, with some slow panning. It's a pity it couldn't be a startup thing actually, but somehow I can't see that...

Alex. said:
craigix said:
The analgue pads are actually chromed.
Are they chromed plastic, or actual metal? Regardless of material, wouldn't a matte finish be classier? Design wise, I don't think they should stand out any more than the dpad or the action buttons.

Chrome is terrific, goes with everything. Never have to buy another joystick cap again.

Work In Progress:
I made the text by hand in 3ds max so no copyright issues w/ the font
I can easily do different colors or angles as well

Panda2.jpg

Panda4.jpg

Panda5.jpg

Panda6.jpg

Panda7.jpg

Panda8.jpg

Shirohagen said:
<snip>

logotype.jpg

<snip>
Wow this looks incredible. My one "criticism" is that ".open" might be a bit too much like ".mac" or something of that ilk, but it should be perfectly fine.

jpic3yk: Like the type!

Not sure about some of the renders, I think that type is nice enough to work just flat in the right colour. Less is more and all that...

®

@jpic3yk
Great letters! I only think the first "a" should be the same as the second "a"
Because al the letters have gaps going / and the gap of the first "a" goes \
A little disturbing for the overall view in my opinion.
It might even look nicer with no gaps at all, or a little stripe-gap going through the whole word horizontally or something.

I think that font with Shirohagens logo would be awesome, though I didn't see the play and stop symbol at first (nice idea though!) I saw it as the clamshell console opened up in a rotated angle.

Vorporeal said:
Shirohagen said:
<snip>

logotype.jpg

<snip>
Wow this looks incredible. My one "criticism" is that ".open" might be a bit too much like ".mac" or something of that ilk, but it should be perfectly fine.

Yeah. When I suggested it, I was kind of thinking "Open." with semi-proper grammar, almost like a command. ".open" sounds almost more like a computer process or descriptor.

Very slick though, I really like it.

I still think EvilDragon has the best logo (If you want the box) I like... (what's his name's) with the saturn moon eclipse if you want a saturn moon logo, I'm still waiting too see a moth logo!

(Because I'm a neat-n-tidy, organizing sort of person...)

craigix, we need a deadline for logo submissions so they can be all gathered up into a poll for voting. :)

Shirohagen said:
Um.

Wow. :blink:

+1 all teh way Shirohagen! (Though I almost chose Eolair's).

a few updates on mine, I added a new symbol that should appease the P&|A crowd but it's subtle enough to not look too geeky. I still like Shirohagen's box idea better though. I wouldn't mind pairing my text with somebody's symbol either, whatever everyone thinks looks best on the device.

panda11.jpg

jpic3yk said:
a few updates on mine, I added a new symbol that should appease the P&|A crowd but it's subtle enough to not look too geeky. I still like Shirohagen's box idea better though. I wouldn't mind pairing my text with somebody's symbol either, whatever everyone thinks looks best on the device.

panda11.jpg
For some reason, it just doesn't look right with that cube.

Yeah the type is curvy and the cube is sharp, so they don't feel as nice together. Also the cube is sitting on a higher level than the type is. Perhaps it should be the same height as the x-height of the 'Pandora'. The type in the cube is also very different in style to the logo type.

It could work though, just needs tweaking. Never was a big fan of the whole P&|A thing, but this would be how you'd get away with it...

®

As one that said that anything involving P|&A would be lame, I'd like to amend : this logo is actually quite nice, I wouldn't mind this not-so-obvious reference. Appeals to the geeks we are, without being noticed by other users.

Equally, as one who likes the idea of p&|a, but has come to think that implementing it would be hard to do prettily, I think I'm with Squidge and Shirohagen on this one. I like the idea, but somehow it just doesn't work properly. Possibly because it looks too corporate; it just doesn't seem quite sexy enough for a games machine.

Back