Pandora on Slashgear

@Gruso

I have to ask, what's with the pipe smoking in all your avatar's?

Had to put in my thoughts, too. Hopefully I'm not misrepresenting something.

Also added my 2c.

P.s. Gruso smokes a pipe obviosly... or, in his mind, smoking a pipe is sophisticated and he wants to appear that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, it's not the same specs, it has double RAM :)

You should email the article authors and ask them to add the double ram bit into the article . They are usually receptive - particularly Slashgear.

Why do they hiding the fact, that there already have over 3000 Units successfuly shipped and the new shipping is the 2. production batch? It sounds like nothing happend in 4 Years and this is definitley wrong. Please someone should contact them to correct the articles.

These people are not real journalists. You cannot expect them to have any quality control.

It's like when someone working in a garage changing oil on cars calls himself an engineer. It's ridiculous.

yep, the first one did a bad job and all othe site just copied/edited the same article... why do you think all theses article went online in a so shor period of time... seen the month with nothing related to the pandora

Tracking it back, it looks like it's actually umpcportal that broke the story. They did a not-unreasonable summary. Then, like some kind of broken telephone, it eventually worked its way up to the questionable reporting of slashgear.

Good to see the tech sites are still interested in Pandora. It might be worth an official press release when production does get under way.

@ OP Team : Don't be disheartened by the negative comments, I'm pretty sure that most people don't understand what the Pandora is, where it came from & what you can actually do with it. Perhaps a new official 'wideo' to accompany said press release would be a good idea too. Showing things like auto updating of Apps from the repo via panorama, flawless PS1 emulation @ 650Mhz, Forget me not, VVVVV, etc. Would quieten a few nay sayers.

Not so strange there are negative comments. Only if you are following its progress like we do you know what is going on, what the Pandora is and that it is still viable.

For an outsider, it is a device with 4 years of development with a lot of problems and only now we will see some results. And the result is a device with outdated specs and a high price tag. You can't win them all, and I expect in this case you can only win a few. This is not a product for the masses, and to be honest that is why I probably like it :)

Back