Pandora or Wife?

TJFBryant

Island Man with Pandora in my pocket
So I've had my Pandora for about oh .... I dunno.. over 7 months.

I've cared for it and supplied it with new homebrew and Rom goodness almost everyday.

Figured you'd all like this story...

SO I came home from work and immediately made a beeline for my Pandora. At the time my wife was at home cooking dinner while my 8 month old son was tormenting my dog.

I starting playing Super Mario Brothers and moved quickly onto Quake 2, and Tron for MAME.

30 or so minutes later my wife says to me "put that thing down and come to dinner."

I reluctantly said. "yep...got it."

I gently placed my Pandora down and round myself up to the dinner table.

Moments later, after dinner, I had returned to my Pandora configuring a few system settings and messing around with the OS when my wife comes into the room and says "Can you help me with Laundry?"

I said... "Yep sure..."

So I waddled down stairs switched over the laundry and came back up to my Pandora.

Later that night my wife asks, "Hey do you wanna watch a movie?"

I said "sure."

I popped in a movie and we started watching ....only I had my Pandora in my hands (closed) gripped ever so gently again.

As we went to bed, my wife hopped in first and started to nestle under the covers. As I came into the room to settle down (with Pandora in hand), I delicately kissed my Pandora on the cover and placed it next to my pillow.

My wife suddenly jumped up and looked at me with fire in her eyes and forcefully blurted out... "Are you freakin kidding me? Your kissing your *ucking Pandora?

What about me, Where's my attention?

Its an electronic device!"

I calmly retorted, "Its not just an electronic device, its a Pandora."

She huffed a deep breath at me and rolled over.

It appears she became a bit jealous.

I admit kissing my wife goodnight would have been a good idea too (first).

But when you have A Pandora within arms reach..... And been waiting for it for almost 2 years.

life is good. Life is REAL GOOD!

Lesson #1 pay attention to WIFE and then ask her if you can pay attention to your Pandora (who I also consider my other wife."

Jokes :)

hopefully she understands the antipated waiting and forgave you, I wouldn't take the pandora to bed with you tonight though, being valentines and that, best to not push your luck

I can see the pandora causing a few relational rifts across the globe, might even be a rival for football

I forgot to say, I used to hear that "where's my attention, that's a **** machine"

notice the phrase 'used to hear'

Pandora wants to be the ONLY woman in your life!

:)

Suffice to say .... I don't KISS my Pandora anymore. (In front of my wife.)

To an extent I feel like I am cheating on my wife..lol.

BUT seriously... I don't care.

The day I picked up my Pandora from the USPS. I was in my car and felt like I had just received the Golden Ticket to Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory.

It was thee ONLY day I've ever been so excited about any material item since my first game system was given to me at Xmas (Atari 2600).

For some reason the Pandora has a sincerely special place in my heart. The nostalgia and feeling I get playing the Pandora is unlike anything I've felt before.

Now if only I can get my wife and my Pandora to "play nicely" together. ;-P

So I've had my Pandora for about oh .... I dunno.. over 7 months.

I've cared for it and supplied it with new homebrew and Rom goodness almost everyday.

Figured you'd all like this story...

SO I came home from work and immediately made a beeline for my Pandora. At the time my wife was at home cooking dinner while my 8 month old son was tormenting my dog.

I starting playing Super Mario Brothers and moved quickly onto Quake 2, and Tron for MAME.

30 or so minutes later my wife says to me "put that thing down and come to dinner."

I reluctantly said. "yep...got it."

I gently placed my Pandora down and round myself up to the dinner table.

Moments later, after dinner, I had returned to my Pandora configuring a few system settings and messing around with the OS when my wife comes into the room and says "Can you help me with Laundry?"

I said... "Yep sure..."

So I waddled down stairs switched over the laundry and came back up to my Pandora.

Later that night my wife asks, "Hey do you wanna watch a movie?"

I said "sure."

I popped in a movie and we started watching ....only I had my Pandora in my hands (closed) gripped ever so gently again.

As we went to bed, my wife hopped in first and started to nestle under the covers. As I came into the room to settle down (with Pandora in hand), I delicately kissed my Pandora on the cover and placed it next to my pillow.

My wife suddenly jumped up and looked at me with fire in her eyes and forcefully blurted out... "Are you freakin kidding me? Your kissing your *ucking Pandora?

What about me, Where's my attention?

Its an electronic device!"

I calmly retorted, "Its not just an electronic device, its a Pandora."

She huffed a deep breath at me and rolled over.

It appears she became a bit jealous.

I admit kissing my wife goodnight would have been a good idea too (first).

But when you have A Pandora within arms reach..... And been waiting for it for almost 2 years.

life is good. Life is REAL GOOD!

Lesson #1 pay attention to WIFE and then ask her if you can pay attention to your Pandora (who I also consider my other wife."

:lol: :D :lol: :D :lol:

Its true, I also have such an attachment to this device like I haven't experienced since I got my Oric-1 back in 1983 .. all other computers (well, except for my SGI period, and maybe the BeBox) in my experience pale in comparison to how much I love my Pandora. ;)

Oh wow. Be careful mate, your Pandora will never leave you, but your wife might...

Now if only I can get my wife and my Pandora to "play nicely" together. ;-P
i take this as a request for pandora 2 to include a rumble feature?

Oh wow. Be careful mate, your Pandora will never leave you, but your wife might...

but will your wifes nubs lose their calibration and need playing with?

I award you both 100 Internets for this. Ha ha ha!

Fortunately, the Pandora will never tell you not to play with its nubs, even in public. Your wife is a different story though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd trade my Pandora for a wife. Seems like a reasonable queue-hopping offer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still won't give up my pandora.

I have to admit.... I do prefer my wife's Nubs more....

they are a bit (not much) but a bit more responsive over..lol

The Pandora's nubs does have better, more instant feedback though.

Its all in the thumbs.

Huh, I was in a similar situation not so long ago :p

A friend of mine and his girlfriend is trying to hook me up with her friend, and I said "yeah, ok" while playing Super Mario on my pandora.

two days later they asked if I was avaiable that day, and said "yeah, ok". and they were like "AMAGAAAD" and I looked up from my pandora,

giving them a gentle look and asked "Is there a problem?"

They looked at eachother, and replied "If you had two options, have sex with my hot friend, or play on your dumb pandora all day. wich one would you choose?"

I thought shortly about it and answered "Can I play Majora's mask, Breath of fire, Metal Gear Solid, listen to my 3000 songs, sit on facebook, write important notes, watch Dexter and House on the go and more whenever I want to?"

And so I achived gold, because silence my friends, is gold.

PS: I'm going on a party this saturday and gonna meet this chick, so this is a super win! :D

Back