Pandora Review by Nixie Pixel?

Don't see anything that qualifies her as a promoter, except that she has an audience.
A Linux audience no less...
I would rather try to poke in the tech/geek/retro/gamer direction.
Sure, but both can be explored. It's not an either/or situation
Not wrong, but there has to be someone out there that has actually something interesting to say and still could be a possible "resource" for attention

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't just ask ED to ask people to review the Pandora, ask them yourself. If enough of us do that, it'll become more likely to happen. It's better that us normal Pandora users ask people to review it, than the guy who actually sells them.

And it's not like the Pandora hasn't got one amazing tale to tell ;)

Not wrong, but there has to be someone out there that has actually something interesting to say and still could be a possible "resource" for attention
Maybe, and probably more than one. But that's not a reason not to explore all possible avenues. Regardless of what anyone *actually* thinks of Nixie (or anyone else for that matter), if she has an audience of related interest, it's worth trying IMO

I am subscribed to NixiePixel. But I'm not exactly sure why. She never does any linux stuff that would have something significant and new for me. And she uses mostly ubuntu or a derivate thereof (or fedora... IIRC...) and I feel a bit left out with my ArchLinux, self-built LFS w/ KDE 3.5 and a very old Debian (as a CLI firewall, but anyways it has vncserver and fluxbox if I want to :p ) ...

... Now I'm just rambling, back to the point. Almost any publicity is good publicity, so having NixiePixel review the pandora would certainly be a positive thing, +1 from me, regardless of the quality of her normal programming - and yeah btw the "brought to you by xyz"-ads on her videos are bugging me, feels too commercial then.

All of her videos are well scripted by someone else, and she is not into Linux/Tech/Whatever that deep as she claims, but definitely it will be a good move for OP if she review it. 

How about some poll?

My asperger autistic rubbish Engrish does not me allow to do that myself.

And it's not like the Pandora hasn't got one amazing tale to tell ;)

Maybe, and probably more than one. But that's not a reason not to explore all possible avenues. Regardless of what anyone *actually* thinks of Nixie (or anyone else for that matter), if she has an audience of related interest, it's worth trying IMO
But she did not do any reviews till now - so maybe it is out of her scope ?

People, just contact three linux reviewers/podcasters and ask them to cover the openpandora. Do it today. Thanks.

I am contacting TuxRadar, Kernel Panic and Linux Outlaws

I've contacted her.  We'll see if I get a reply.  Saw someone on Twitter mention that the Ouya will be in stores by June. 
Nice! She is hot, likes games and Linux. If it is scripted or not or not technically advanced enough, who cares. Guys/Girls watching her videos are the target market, it might be a good idea to send her a unit to review with all kind of goodness pre-installed. 

Not sure but after some googling I think she lives in San Francisco. 

People, just contact three linux reviewers/podcasters and ask them to cover the openpandora. Do it today. Thanks.

I am contacting TuxRadar, Kernel Panic and Linux Outlaws
Guys from TuxRadar are working for Linux Format. Definitely a good idea to contact them and one of them has built an arcade cabinet.

Kernel Panic. Might check it out, haven't heard it yet.  

Linux Outlaws is a good idea too! Funny guys and one of the two is a musician and might be interested in the good audio quality of the Pandora. They both live/work in the UK currently. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back