I want it to be called the DragonBox...

• Pyra

Votes: 126 73.7%
  • Miriad

Votes: 45 26.3%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ski brand named phoenix got sued by someone else and they are now phenix, dont know if the other one was the motorcycle brand, but they are both very much taken by other things.

Like the phoenix corporation that macguyver works for. :)

Feels invalid to me, after all the polls.  Very limited, but I'm also just not satisfied.  Poll votes feel like bad determinate factors when I consider strategic voting (voting for something you don't like very much because the thing you do like had no chance of winning) or outside forces. (voters who don't have anything to do with the device or community besides seeing the poll or being asked to vote)

Is disliking one thing close enough to liking the other thing for voting to be reasonable?  It might be, it might be exactly the same.

These two names were pretty close together in the last poll, how about a compromise? 

Myra, that's a different sound. 

Or Pyriad, that's fun to call something.

Feels invalid to me, after all the polls.  Very limited, but I'm also just not satisfied.  Poll votes feel like bad determinate factors when I consider strategic voting (voting for something you don't like very much because the thing you do like had no chance of winning) or outside forces. (voters who don't have anything to do with the device or community besides seeing the poll or being asked to vote)

Is disliking one thing close enough to liking the other thing for voting to be reasonable?  It might be, it might be exactly the same.

These two names were pretty close together in the last poll, how about a compromise? 

Myra, that's a different sound. 

Or Pyriad, that's fun to call something.
I understand your concern, but I would assume that strategic voting and outside forces apply more or less equally to all the poll options.

In the end, it's ED's choice - at no point was there a commitment that the poll result would decide the name, it's just something to help ED make the decision (not just the votes but also the discussion).

Myra and Pyriad are not a good idea imo - they don't have any nice meaning, except "there were these two names and we couldn't choose, so we made a compromise".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back