Pandora Wifi Hotspot?

HackModford

Does anyone know how I could use the pandora as a wifi hotspot?
I can connect to my cellphone via the usb cable to get internet (haven't been able to do it via bluetooth yet which is kinda sad...)

But then can I use the pandora's wifi to be a hotspot for other devices? Kinda turn the pandora into a router?

That would likely require ad-hoc connections, something the driver doesn't (yet) support, I think.

WizardStan said:
That would likely require ad-hoc connections, something the driver doesn't (yet) support, I think.

Hm, but we're using the N900 WiFi driver... so if it works there...?

Not sure, maybe our driver can just not CONNECT to ad-hoc networks, but can offer it?

Would make sense if the driver comes from a phone, as the phone should be able to offer internet to other devices.

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
WizardStan said:

Not sure, maybe our driver can just not CONNECT to ad-hoc networks, but can offer it?

Would make sense if the driver comes from a phone, as the phone should be able to offer internet to other devices.

This is true, I have tried both Joikuspot and Mobile Hotspot from the N900 to try to connect my Pandora and neither would connect to the ad-hoc network offered by the N900, lemme see if the N900 can connect to an ad-hoc...........yup......N900 was able to associate to the just created ad-hoc from my laptop so the driver appears to be capable.

Last edited by a moderator:
EvilDragon said:

The current one? It can't be exactly the same. My n900 sprints on the same network my Pandora just kind of hobbles on.

Last edited by a moderator:
emcee said:
EvilDragon said:

The current one? It can't be exactly the same. My n900 sprints on the same network my Pandora just kind of hobbles on.

Hm, I guess notaz is the one who can tell us... I have no idea what version our WiFi driver is based on.
He just added SDIO support, AFAIK.

Last edited:
Back