PCSX reARMed r8

Could someone please try Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 1 and Capcom Classics Collection Vol. 2 to see if it's all good and working perfect. Cheers. :)

I presume they're the same as 'Capcom Generations'?

I gave the Japanese copy of Capcom Generations 2, and the PAL one (from the 4 Disc set) a go, both work fine.

These being side scrolling games (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Ghouls & Ghosts), there is some ghosting - backgrounds

get a bit darker when scrolling, otherwise it's all good.

While I'm at it, somebody mentioned Micro Machines V3 not working a long time ago - it now works under R8!

Games I have tested.

Battlestations - Works good

Command and Conquer - Works good

Command and Conquer Red Alert - Works good

Diablo - Controls do not work at the title screen

Medal Of Honor - Works good

Mortal Kombat Trilogy - Works good

Nascar Thunder 2003 - Works Good

Need for Speed 3 Hot Pursuit - Runs but extremely slow

Soviet Strike - Crashes on start of first of first mission

Nuclear Strike - Works good

Resident Evil 2 - Crashes on first part in the gun shopat the beginning of the game on both claire and leon disks

Tomb Raider - Crashes at beginning of the first level

Triple Play 2001 - Work good but has some slow spots here and there

WWF Smackdown 2 Know your Role - Works good

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank again Notaz for this emulator. It's making by workmates jealous! :)

I just realised that a lot of games that I liked on the PC were also released for the Playstation.

I've been (re)playing Hogs of War this week for several hours now. I can't put it down because I'm

literally carrying it about with me.

I see what you mean though about bad images and different versions. The NTSC version works pretty

flawlessly. The PAL version however kept bombing out even using a different BIOS.

Yeah, I've found a pretty interesting game called Grandia. Kind of a kid's game, I guess, but I like it. Only problem is that when any voice acting occurs the text and voice audio gets terribly out of sync. It'll play voice clips way ahead of the text, stop suddenly, then repeats from the point where the text is, get scrambled for a quarter of a second then keep goimg way ahead of the text, and repeats.

Real BIOS, 800MHz (runs fine at 750 though. Maybe even 700, but I haven't tried). Default settings everywhere else.

The PAL version however kept bombing out even using a different BIOS.

Must be the dump or format, BIN/CUE rips of PAL versions of both Hogs of War and Tomb Raider work fine for me with SCPH1001 Bios.

Resident Evil 2 - Crashes on first part in the gun shopat the beginning of the game on both claire and leon disks

Works here, wrong BIOS or bad dumps.

Which BIOS should we be using? I'm using SCPH-1001.bin, and tomb-raider fails to load the first level - just sits there flashing the SD card LED for hours. It's a shame, because the disc image appears not to be corrupt - it works fine in PSXfin and EPSXE.

D.

Works here, wrong BIOS or bad dumps.

Which BIOS should we be using? I'm using SCPH-1001.bin, and tomb-raider fails to load the first level - just sits there flashing the SD card LED for hours. It's a shame, because the disc image appears not to be corrupt - it works fine in PSXfin and EPSXE.

D.
You need to copy the sub-channels. The PAL version of Tomb Raider use this a some form of copy protection.

Managed to get it running on my PC but the sound a corrupt - very loud noise - which made it unplayable.

I used alcohol52%.

Yeah, I've found a pretty interesting game called Grandia. Kind of a kid's game, I guess, but I like it.

That is SUCH A GOOD GAME. After playing a load of Final Fantasies and alikes, which for some reason seemed to demand that the protagonist was a teenage b*stard with attitude problems and amnesia and whatever, I found it oh so refreshing with a protagonist that was, like, a kid who discovered the world. With no amnesia, no attitude and no posturing.

In the end, the FFs are probably better games in terms of game balance and design and suchlike, but to be able to play through the game without once wanting to strangle the protagonist scored quite highly with me.

Unfortunately Grandia II (DC, PS2) felt the need to introduce the standard b*stard protagonist, but so far so good :)

Yeah, I've found a pretty interesting game called Grandia. Kind of a kid's game, I guess, but I like it. Only problem is that when any voice acting occurs the text and voice audio gets terribly out of sync. It'll play voice clips way ahead of the text, stop suddenly, then repeats from the point where the text is, get scrambled for a quarter of a second then keep goimg way ahead of the text, and repeats.
I tried it a while ago and it was kinda ok, you could try renaming appdata so it starts fresh, there were reports of sound problems because of bad config.

1001. What you describe happens if audio tracks are missing or not found, could you list all files of your dump?

You need to copy the sub-channels. The PAL version of Tomb Raider use this a some form of copy protection.
According to redump.org no version uses copy protection, so proper .cue/.bin dump with audio tracks should do the trick.

1001. What you describe happens if audio tracks are missing or not found, could you list all files of your dump?

Sure.

TOMBRAIDER.ccd 11.3 kB

TOMBRAIDER.img 584.0 MB

TOMBRAIDER.sub 23.8 MB

The audio tracks should be there, as music plays fine on the title screen and while "loading", and as I said the game plays fine on Windows emulators. I've tried several versions, and this is the only one that plays in other emulators without issues. The intro movie is silent, however - but has music/fx under EPSXE and PSXfin.

Edit: Tried deleting the /pandora/appdata/pcsx/.pcsx folder, and get the same problem - loads fine up to the title screen and then, when starting a new game, sits there flashing the SD LED continually.

D.

Does this emu support hardware acceleration (with bilinear/trilinear filtering, AA, etc.)?

has any tried using a wiimote classic at a virtual gamepad for pcsx yet? haven given it a shot but wonder if it works

Sure.

TOMBRAIDER.ccd 11.3 kB

TOMBRAIDER.img 584.0 MB

TOMBRAIDER.sub 23.8 MB

The audio tracks should be there, as music plays fine on the title screen and while "loading", and as I said the game plays fine on Windows emulators. I've tried several versions, and this is the only one that plays in other emulators without issues. The intro movie is silent, however - but has music/fx under EPSXE and PSXfin.

Edit: Tried deleting the /pandora/appdata/pcsx/.pcsx folder, and get the same problem - loads fine up to the title screen and then, when starting a new game, sits there flashing the SD LED continually.

D.

Had the same problem and was confused too by the music playing. This game must be in BIN/CUE format and will work after that. same for all other TR games

TOMBRAIDER.ccd 11.3 kB

TOMBRAIDER.img 584.0 MB

TOMBRAIDER.sub 23.8 MB

Had the same problem and was confused too by the music playing. This game must be in BIN/CUE format and will work after that. same for all other TR games
I guess .ccd/.img handling issue then. Any way to make such dumps under Linux?

Back