Release PCSX ReARMed release thread

drc: add some hack options

intended for caanoo/Wiz, some users want to trade glitches for performance boost.

What, no R29 hack?  Speeds things up a few percent and usually doesn't break anything.  It might crash if games use the ram mirrors though.

Where are people putting their cue/bin files? I wonder if when navigating to load a CD it should start in appdata/pcsx_rearmed on the same card as the pnd?

Request. It would be nice if a date/time stamp is displayed against the states so you know the latest.

The in-menu voice over in Colony Wars is not playing back smoothly. FMV and in game sounds and character voices are fine. Is this likely to be an issue of my image?

Request. It would be nice if a date/time stamp is displayed against the states so you know the latest.

+1 for this.

Maybe it tries to access the memory card at start and suffers from the same bug as Xenogears? As mentioned, Xenogears crashes on R10 as soon as you access the memory card (load or save).

Works fine on R9.

r11 fixes Breath Of Fire III startup issues, thanks Notaz. Ed: does it fix Xenogears?

Almost perfect one :) except for Tekken 3 (PAL) which hangs after finishing the game.

Killerloop seems to work very well now (with some minor flickering).

Killerloop seems to work very well now (with some minor flickering).
Tried turning off frameskip?

What, no R29 hack? Speeds things up a few percent and usually doesn't break anything. It might crash if games use the ram mirrors though.
Not for PSX, it crashes almost everything, BIOS likes to use it's own stack on different mirrors.

Thank's Notaz for the costant work on this great emulator :)

Maybe i have found a little cosmetic bug...when you take screenshots the image is correctly created and the emu shows the string "SCREENSHOT TAKEN"...now the bug is that the string did not completely disappear (tested with the game Raiden Project who don't use the entire screen ) only the portion of the updated screen is correctly cleared.

A shot from the game ...

uHXdp.png

Thanks a lot.

Notaz, this is another really stellar emulator for the Pandora. You know how to make it

I really wish that the N64 can get to this level at some point, but it's not looking like that will happen anytime soon.

Do you ever plan to go back to Picodrive, and optimize 32x support? Most of the games run very well, but overclocking is a MUST!

Chris

What, no R29 hack? Speeds things up a few percent and usually doesn't break anything. It might crash if games use the ram mirrors though.
Not for PSX, it crashes almost everything, BIOS likes to use it's own stack on different mirrors.
For N64, I had to exclude code located in the first 4K of RAM to avoid some bootcode where the normal stack was not set up yet, but otherwise most games worked.

I figured you'd have to exclude some of the BIOS code, but I guess it's more complicated than that...

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the video sequences work better but they only make it a little farther than before like in Spyro 2. The only game though I haven't got to work and has done the same thing all the way from R6 and that's MediEvil II. It always gets to the point where your about to start the game and as soon as the skeleton finishes laughing it freezes. (man that drives me crazy that skeleton knows I want to play the game but it wont let me) :lol:

Anyways has anyone else been able to get it started or is it like this for everyone?

I wish to use the iControlPad as a second controller with this. But the nubs don't work in Gamepad mode.

Some of the video sequences work better but they only make it a little farther than before like in Spyro 2. The only game though I haven't got to work and has done the same thing all the way from R6 and that's MediEvil II. It always gets to the point where your about to start the game and as soon as the skeleton finishes laughing it freezes. (man that drives me crazy that skeleton knows I want to play the game but it wont let me) :lol:

Anyways has anyone else been able to get it started or is it like this for everyone?

it's the same for me with MediEvil 2 ... :(

Thats weird because midevil is fully playable for me? mines in an .bin .cue f format if that matters to you

Let me double check one second

EDIT: Yep works i'd say perfect with sound. I made a video if you want me to upload it to youtube I can

Vandal Hearts still has graphic glitches and kicks back out to desktop trying to get to battle 3 with R11.

Thats weird because midevil is fully playable for me? mines in an .bin .cue f format if that matters to you

Let me double check one second

EDIT: Yep works i'd say perfect with sound. I made a video if you want me to upload it to youtube I can
Are you talking about MediEvil 2 or the first MediEvil because the first one was playable for me from R6 just slow back then but it's definetly faster now. If it's the second one I'd like to see the video if it's the first I'm fine. Also is your version PAL or NTSC. Mine is NTSC. Thanks for the replies and thanks for this wonderful EMU Notaz.

Back