Pcsx4All Caanoo Beta Testing Results

Driver PAL

Clockspeed 800 MHz
Ramtweaks ON
All other settings default

playable: FPS 9-12/16, graphical glitches, especially in the garage, when you come close to a wall, the z-sorting seems wrong. Outside on the street not so visible

SolarLune said:
Megaman Legends 2 - NTSC

Format - .img
WIZ Clock - 750 Mhz
Default settings (Frame-skip set to 0)
Sound ON - XA + CD Audio
Hangs after Capcom logo
FPS - 60/60 on... Logo.
Was about to post glad I caught yours before I did. Same for me except I tried a .bin

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Kahn,
Should we continue beta testing even though the emulator is released to the public??

Still don't understand why they wouldn't just release it instead of beta testing. It's an open source non mainstream console so most users are educated enough to understand what's going on.

Better to get feedback from a whole community then a select group, just my 2 cents.

ColdRush said:
Still don't understand why they wouldn't just release it instead of beta testing. It's an open source non mainstream console so most users are educated enough to understand what's going on.

Better to get feedback from a whole community then a select group, just my 2 cents.

dude... check the caanoo news section the official release was over a week ago!

ruffnutts said:
So sad right now, due to the leaked version there keeping it to them selve`s @ gp32spain from now on :(

Well, at least for the time being. Be cautious with your words or people will start panicking :p (public releases will remain public ;) )

Who knows, maybe he´ll change his mind later (next beta is expected for February or later) but, just in case, don´t keep your hopes too high ;)

Khan said:
ruffnutts said:
So sad right now, due to the leaked version there keeping it to them selve`s @ gp32spain from now on :(

Well, at least for the time being. Be cautious with your words or people will start panicking :p (public releases will remain public ;) )

Who knows, maybe he´ll change his mind later (next beta is expected for February or later) but, just in case, don´t keep your hopes too high ;)

Well Khan its just sad that one person had to spoil it for everyone else - I enjoyed beta testing while I had the time,
No need for anyone to panic as there is a public ralease, but still... I was given a psp the other day and if I want
Full speed psx emulaion I can have it but I love the caanoo and not a massive psp fan anyway ;)

ruffnutts

blues2 said:
ColdRush said:

dude... check the caanoo news section the official release was over a week ago!

I know it's out, I'm just saying why bother with beta testing when the whole community is capable of providing feedback.

Yeah, there hasn't been any updates, but if they implement OpenGL ES into the next version, I believe that would be worth the wait.

SolarLune said:
Yeah, there hasn't been any updates, but if they implement OpenGL ES into the next version, I believe that would be worth the wait.

Yeah I think that would be great - wonder if they are still working on it..hmmm ;)

Hi everyone,

I am running the version 2.2 (newer) of the emulator, soI really don't know this is the right place to talk about my problem.
I would like to run Wipeout3, the only game in the old trilogy I did not play at the time.
I have a .img copied inside isos folder, a .ccd and a .sub copied into exec folder. The menu list shows it is present, I launch it but it freeze, showing a fuzzy screen and I have to power off the console.
Has anyone of you managed to run it? Am I doing something wrong with the files (maybe find a different image) or it is one in the INcompatibility list?
Thank you guys, I repeat, if this is wrong section, please indicate me the right one ;)

Pierpo.

Same problem here:
intro video of Wip3out starts to play, then glitches, and then freezes...
Shame!

the same issue was also in older versions of the emulator

pierpo78 said:
Hi everyone,

I am running the version 2.2 (newer) of the emulator, soI really don't know this is the right place to talk about my problem.
I would like to run Wipeout3, the only game in the old trilogy I did not play at the time.
I have a .img copied inside isos folder, a .ccd and a .sub copied into exec folder. The menu list shows it is present, I launch it but it freeze, showing a fuzzy screen and I have to power off the console.
Has anyone of you managed to run it? Am I doing something wrong with the files (maybe find a different image) or it is one in the INcompatibility list?
Thank you guys, I repeat, if this is wrong section, please indicate me the right one ;)

Pierpo.

heres where your going wrong - you need to put all them files in the ISOS folder dont split them up :)

ruffnutts said:
heres where your going wrong - you need to put all them files in the ISOS folder dont split them up :)

I did, but same result. Does your answer mean that the game is playable? Anyway I am trying to get different files, and in case, I'll let you know. Thx :)

Well wipout 2097 works - maybe I will see if I have wipeout 3 - BTW do you have the scph1001.bin the psx bios file as its needed for bios change options

ruffnutts :)

ruffnutts said:
Well wipout 2097 works - maybe I will see if I have wipeout 3 - BTW do you have the scph1001.bin the psx bios file as its needed for bios change options

I tried another set, the game enters the screen 'Sony Entertainment Europe Presents' and then it crashes again. I will look for the bios as you suggest, and for the 2097 to test it.

Here`s a quick video I did from boredom lol - Just pause the video to see the settings

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3AFHP4pKjI[/youtube]

Enjoy ruffnutts :)

Another quick video from me - Mortal Kombat 4

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NlaA0-1zE8[/youtube]

Reuploaded

Back