Pcsx4All Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has nothing whatsoever to do with "Pandora-lovers" and I'm tired of this kind of branding. It's just plain stupid. I made a topic to request the source and you all are having a fit over it, and apparently I'm the hostile one.

I don't think any of you get it. I'm curious to see what's in the source. I made a topic about it. I asserted a right that they're granting me by a text file that's included with their program. That's all. I couldn't care less about whether or not they're doing something illegal and I certainly couldn't care less about how Pandora or Wiz or Caanoo or GPH or whatever the hell you think this is about plays into it.

I'm so tired of the stupidity of blind fanboys posting here. I'm so tired of everything being a bawww cry party about how badly gp32x treats gp32span and how badly gp32spain treats gp32x and whatever the fuck you idiots are moaning about. Get over it. I want source code.

EvilDragon said:
Xabier said:
As a gp32spain member I am finding some people in this place very hostile towards non-pandora lovers. You should relax and wait for franxis to release the code. This is amateur coding, not everyone has the time to release everything properly, it happened before with lots of coders and most of them released the final product's code when it was cleaned up.

Regarding to pandora, most people is focused on gph consoles because they are more widespread than pandora/dingoo even if you try to hide that.

Could we please stop those weird WIZ / Caanoo / Pandora-bitchings?

Yes, in Spain more people might be focused on GPH consoles - whereas here the Pandora gets more activity.
Everyone chooses his own favourite system, no need to bitch around.

Gp32spain contest wasm't even properly announced on this open source entertainment forum, which is a shame.

Eh?
There was the Announcement, then an update followed by a reminder and finally there were the results.

How much more coverage would you expect? :eek:

Yes you're right, ED. But just to be fair: The reminder in the news section was long delayed due to moderator shortage...

Last edited by a moderator:
sbock said:
Then you can also see that neither Chui or Franxis have released PCSX4all on their sites yet. Perhaps they simply are busy with real life stuff...

Oh gee you're probably right, before I made this post ASKING for source code I should have thought to myself "you know, I'd like to see the source code now, but for no real reason I should assume they won't give it to me so I won't bother making a thread asking for it."

Don't you guys have real things to be stupidly defensive over?

Exophase said:
I'm so tired of the stupidity of blind fanboys posting here. I'm so tired of everything being a bawww cry party about how badly gp32x treats gp32span and how badly gp32spain treats gp32x and whatever the fuck you idiots are moaning about. Get over it. I want source code.

QFT

Ok bring it back on course or I think we need to close this.
This isnt pandora vs gph, it isnt gp32x vs gp32spain. There are no conspiracies.

It was a simple request to the authors to provide the source code according to the license they claim to release it under. Being a reasonable community we will allow them do so in a reasonable time.

I am not bitching at all, exophase if you want respect you should respect other people, take care of your manners ;)

This is not the *right* way of asking for code. I am sure that it will be released but not now as quick as craigix would do it.

Exophase said:
Get over it. I want source code.

Ask them for it! You have the right to ask them for the source code, and they have the right to distribute it that way. There's not more to it, except people bitching and flaming.

Xabier said:
I am not bitching at all, exophase if you want respect you should respect other people, take care of your manners ;)

This is not the *right* way of asking for code. I am sure that it will be released but not now as quick as craigix would do it.

Brilliant.

the fact is that the source has to be released by Franxis NOW.
[/quote]
Hey Craigx, are you get this kind of education by yourself or you went a school?

Oh, sorry, forgot you are intouchable and a kind of god here...

craigix said:
Xabier said:

Brilliant.

Sure

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&sl=es&tl=en&u=http://gp32spain.com/foros/showthread.php%3Ft%3D76251&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&twu=1&usg=ALkJrhjAdNSEF306zl5Zj5sOI6cfOhI2rQ

This explains a lot.

Attention GP32Spain - PCSX4ALL already runs on the Pandora via Ginge. Now calm down.

Segata Sanshiro said:
Ask them for it! You have the right to ask them for the source code, and they have the right to distribute it that way. There's not more to it, except people bitching and flaming.

I did ask them! In this thread and in e-mail to Franxis. Apparently people think I did something horrible.

Xabier said:

No, you should learn to read and use your brain. This comment: "As a gp32spain member I am finding some people in this place very hostile towards non-pandora lovers" was completely uncalled for. You're absolutely bitching, and delusional.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how my posting a thread was the wrong way to ask for code.

Exophase said:
Segata Sanshiro said:

I did ask them! In this thread and in e-mail to Franxis. Apparently people think I did something horrible.

Xabier said:

No, you should learn to read and use your brain. This comment: "As a gp32spain member I am finding some people in this place very hostile towards non-pandora lovers" was completely uncalled for. You're absolutely bitching, and delusional.

I'm still waiting for someone to explain how my posting a thread was the wrong way to ask for code.

To understand what is going on here you need to read 6+ pages on gp32spain about why you're wrong and I'm a bastardo (or something to that effect).

Exophase said:
Segata Sanshiro said:

Xabier said:

If you want to get the code the right way is asking the developer. You can't assume that they will be reading the forum where you asked for the code. You might be right about my post but I am not a fanboy, I tend to buy most devices, the only "free" handheld in my blacklist is the dingoo.

Not going to comment on a thread based on reading a half-baked google translation. I seriously can barely even tell which people are complaining about me and which people are defending me.

Xabier said:
If you want to get the code the right way is asking the developer. You can't assume that they will be reading the forum where you asked for the code. You might be right about my post but I am not a fanboy, I tend to buy most devices, the only "free" handheld in my blacklist is the dingoo.

I can't assume they'll be reading their e-mail or PMs either. With all of the fuss made over this thread I think chances are probably better that they'll see it, especially with a counter-thread made in gp32spain.

Fanboyism works in both ways - not just being against handhelds but also being defensive of them. The suggestions that people hate anything said by a member of gp32spain because they're not a Pandora lover is baseless and a pretty big accusation.

Exophase said:
Not going to comment on a thread based on reading a half-baked google translation. I seriously can barely even tell which people are complaining about me and which people are defending me.

Xabier said:

I can't assume they'll be reading their e-mail or PMs either. With all of the fuss made over this thread I think chances are probably better that they'll see it, especially with a counter-thread made in gp32spain.

Fanboyism works in both ways - not just being against handhelds but also being defensive of them. The suggestions that people hate anything said by a member of gp32spain because they're not a Pandora lover is baseless and a pretty big accusation.

The post is more related to flames in this post rather than the fact that you asked for code, as i understand no one is against you getting the source.

People are against me making a thread to ask them (and to inform that that the GPL requires them to include acquisition information, not just the copying doc), that much is blatantly obvious.

Nowhere, not once, have I flamed Franxis or Chui, or threatened them, or any of these other things. Nor have I had any kind of intention of pressuring or shaming them. But I think people will read what they want.

God, what the hell has happened to this place? The past few weeks, I have seen so many arguments between people than I've ever seen on this site before. We need to get both parties together somehow and have them say what the issue is with the other person, and somehow come to an agreement between both parties.

To quote Aesop here: 'United we stand, divided we fall.'

Exophase said:
Xabier said:

I think Xabier made a point here, because Franxis lately said goodbye to this board... didn´t he?
asking for the source is nothing anyone should complain about.
doing so in public, quoting the GPL, simply has for some people a taste of accusation.
if it´s about making the source public, you just could have published it when you got it, so we wouldn´t have such a useless discussion.

You can't really hold me to act based on posts that have been deleted.

I don't see how asking for the source then posting it is worse than asking for it publicly. I could people getting upset over that too, only more likely them than all of the people up in arms right now. It's also way more work on my part.

I've explained myself enough times now and I won't be doing so anymore. If you're still unhappy with it then oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back