Pcsx4All Source

Status
Not open for further replies.
craigix said:
To understand what is going on here you need to read 6+ pages on gp32spain about why you're wrong and I'm a bastardo (or something to that effect).

Que?

Anyway, I'm concerned about the tone of this thread, and I will close it if this continues. Exophase is fully entitled to request the source of the emulator, like it or not. Whether or not he gets it is another thing, but that would obviously be a violation of GPL.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ghanji
Well said. It is all about manners. Calling people "idiots" and "stupid fanboys" do not help here either.

Just to be fair again: I think Exophase had no clue that Franxis left this forum.

Can't we just be friends? :wub:

The GPL is being complied with, PCSX4All runs on the Wiz and the Pandora, and everything is going to be aaalright once Franxis comes back from... Poland I think it was?

Right bussiness should not interfere with scene. Ginge is a neat tool that makes our beloved apps "multiplatform"

Geeez - what the heck is happening in the world?

Reading this thread as well as the one at gp32spain.com makes me sad. Really sad.

Why are there so many aggressions on both sides? On gp32x.de as well as on gp32spain.com there are some people trying to bitch members of the other site or the other handheld console and others are calm, reasonable and don't insult anyone.
Is there any reason both forums should be at war?

OpenSource, Retrogaming and Homebrew games are our hobbies.
Whether your favourite console is the Pandora, the Caanoo, the WIZ or whatever really should not matter - they can all help out.

There are some guys who have already shown how it should be:

The porters of the Zelda homebrews games (which are great!) for WIZ, Dingoo and Pandora helped out each other. So you can enjoy those games on any of those handhelds.
Ginge started as a project for the Pandora and has been ported to the WIZ, too. So both devices gain the ability to play GP2X games. Nice!

THIS is how OpenSource and our scene should work. Any release for one console helps gaining new titles for the other consoles as well.

But instead, so many guys flame each other on both boards. Why?

I know there are some guys who hate the Pandora, because they don't like how Craig behaves.
Well, those should also hate me, as I'm also involved in the Pandora. But as I also support the Caanoo, those guys should also hate the Caanoo, as they should hate me because of the Pandora... etc.

Sounds stupid?
Yeah, well... for me, it sounds as stupid as bitching other people or a handheld because you don't like ONE guy who is involed in the Pandora project.

I'd really be happy if this would stop - on BOTH sides. I never had any problems with any of you, neither on gp32x.de nor on GP32Spain.com.
Sure, it can happen that someone posts stuff you don't like - but is that a reason to flame against everyone else from the boards and split up an already small community into "Pandora-Lovers" and "Caanoo-Lovers"

The more we work together, the more both handhelds will evolve and get better. And the more fun we'll have with playing on both consoles.

Okay... so... here is my final conclusion:

* Exophase simply wants to browse through the sourcecode. It might've sounded rude to some just quoting the GPL, but it wasn't meant like that by him.
* Basically, PCSX4ALL infringes the GPL at the moment, as neither the sourcecode has been released nor is there a written offer within the binary package (and the binary has been released 10 days ago). While we all know this shouldn't have happened, it can happen (we're all human) and knowing Franxis and Chui, they will release the sourcecode (probably just have been polishing, etc.) So let's just wait for their eMail reply.
* Rude bitching and comments only lead to flaming, won't help anyone and are totally unneccessary here.

So: If you want the sourcecode now, send a mail to Franxis or Chui, give them 2 or 3 days for a reply.

And please: No more flaming, bitching or anything else here in this thread. I will probably just delete it. (I was gonna delete the bitching that happened here already, too - but if I did that, my post above wouldn't have made much sense anymore).

And a VERY big wish from ALL MEMBERS on BOTH SITES (gp32x.de and gp32spain.com): Please do not judge any handheld or board by some persons. Please forget about any competition between the Caanoo and the Pandora - it's not there (not even GPH see some competition in the Pandora. I've been to Korea a few months ago, talked to them, showed them the Pandora, etc.). Those devices are totally different - both in specs and price. Everyone has a favourite, but that doesn't mean the other device is evil.

I would really be happy if we could become the community once again that we've been back at the GP2X days - and help out each other instead of fighting. Both devices will improve even more if we work together.
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Exophase, quoting the GPL (well, not GPL, rather Wikipedia's take on it) did come across a bit accusing, at least it did to me. And Craig jumping in didn't help this thread in any way. I don't think he's a popular person around the Wiz section.

Anyways, you have indeed explained yourself very clearly (several times now), and it was not ment in any accusing manner. I think everyone can chill now. The emulator is based on GPL'ed code, I am sure the authors will release the source ASAP now that you have asked for it... (unless Craig pissed them off too much? It wouldn't be the first time).

/Uni

633541775984510825-love.jpg

u9i said:
Exophase, quoting the GPL (well, not GPL, rather Wikipedia's take on it) did come across a bit accusing, at least it did to me. And Craig jumping in didn't help this thread in any way. I don't think he's a popular person around the Wiz section.

Anyways, you have indeed explained yourself very clearly (several times now), and it was not ment in any accusing manner. I think everyone can chill now. The emulator is based on GPL'ed code, I am sure the authors will release the source ASAP now that you have asked for it... (unless Craig pissed them off too much? It wouldn't be the first time).

/Uni

Yes of course, I probably pissed them off too much to comply with the GPL. Because that's how it works.

craigix said:
u9i said:

/Uni

Yes of course, I probably pissed them off too much to comply with the GPL. Because that's how it works.

Sure, that's the GPL. But it helps talking to the ones that infringe it nicely :)
(you know, I'm always the nice guy... despite my name :D)

Last edited:
If this was any other bit of software that Exo has asked about no one from GP32Spain would have come here and commented, it's as simple as they don't like the idea of PCSX being on the Pandora (even though it already is).

craigix said:
If this was any other bit of software that Exo has asked about no one from GP32Spain would have come here and commented, it's as simple as they don't like the idea of PCSX being on the Pandora (even though it already is).

Yes, we all know that the spanish guys don't like you, but actually, you commenting that is getting terribly annoying for us craigwatchers. Get over it.

conso said:
craigix said:

Yes, we all know that the spanish guys don't like you, but actually, you commenting that is getting terribly annoying for us craigwatchers. Get over it.
Craig is allowed to comment. Get over it.

Why are you a Craigwatcher if you don't like reading his posts? Very strange...

I think for the first time ever I'm going to be in favor of my own thread getting locked.

;_;

Just to let you know, Craig got a warning for trolling.

I apologize in the name of GP32X and hope our Spanish friends can forgive us :)

If Franxis or Chui want to respond, please just send a PM and I'll reopen the thread, thanks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back