Pda Type Apps

Looking very nice indeed!

Would it also be possible to have an App to take notes, sort of like a To Do List? You could even have a similar interface to the address book since it would be almost the same program, but with just one field for the actual note.

Sexy keyboard BTW :D

lawndart said:
It would be cool if built a tone dialer into the address book so you could place calls simply by placing you gp2x next to the hand set, maybe add a few other usefully tones to.
Adding a DTMF dialer shouldn't be much of a problem, the tones are available on the net.

As for adding other userfull tones, I'm sure I don't know what you mean <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
Lobo said:
Looking very nice indeed!
Thanks. Simple and functional was the idea. Well, simple, functional and not too ugly :)

Lobo said:
Would it also be possible to have an App to take notes, sort of like a To Do List? You could even have a similar interface to the address book since it would be almost the same program, but with just one field for the actual note.
I knew someone would bring that up. I won't say I won't do it, but after struggling with word wrap in GReader, I'm not likely to tackle the harder job of word wrapping text while it's being edited any time soon. Sorry.

Lobo said:
Sexy keyboard BTW :D
B) I started off using a very cool image of a keyboard and only drawing the characters on it, but the highlight just didn't look right, so I ended up creating a routine to draw a key either normal, highlighted, pressed or highlighted & pressed. Hopefully, it'll be useful in future programs too.

Coder said:
lawndart said:
It would be cool if built a tone dialer into the address book so you could place calls simply by placing you gp2x next to the hand set, maybe add a few other usefully tones to.
Adding a DTMF dialer shouldn't be much of a problem, the tones are available on the net.

I dont mean that red box tones would be or should be included or any think like that, just all the tone need to use phones networks around the world.

lawndart said:
Coder said:

I dont mean that red box tones would be or should be included or any think like that, just all the tone need to use phones networks around the world.

I was just messing with you there :p . As far as I know the DTMF tones are standard worldwide, so one set should do it.

I'll need to experiment a bit to find the best way to play the tones, I haven't messed with this kind of thing since I had a Psion 3a.

Back