Picodrive 0.96

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 16 2006 at 05:33 PM said:
im currently using drmd, mainly because of the sms and gg emulation. I dont know much about this emu, so are these implemented? If not, will they be in the future?

I think this is the main reason why people were hoping for some kind of DrMD hybrid, where Picodrive used DrMD Menus. Maybe there will be some way to call the DrMD version of sms and gg from Picodrive? If source was available for both, I'm sure a hybrid could be done quite easily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its great that you can save settings for each game. But it would GREAT if there were savable global settings. It would be nice to have settings for when I use batteries, and different settings for when I the AC.

Well done with this awesome emulator. Jimmy Whit'es Snooker now works, WOOT!

Just one thing that DrMDx had that I liked is the ability to set different button configs for individual games, so that I could save different button configs for certain games, instead of having to re-set them everytime I loaded a game that I use a different setup for. Any chance of this being implemented in PicoDrive?

Shikaku posted on Oct 16 2006 at 10:08 PM said:
*smacks hand on head*

Read the first post

The link to the source was definitely not there when the post was originally made. Nice.

I forgot to mention about Shinning Force 2, screen is not centered, even when stretched. That's only minor bugs, though :)
and about the bug mentionned is Sonic 3 err... I played for a while yesterdays, and I heard the sound I said missing :blink:
Don't know what happened...

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 17 2006 at 03:33 AM said:
im currently using drmd, mainly because of the sms and gg emulation. I dont know much about this emu, so are these implemented? If not, will they be in the future?
SMS and GG are completely different systems, that would mean that I would have to do another emu or take someone's else, and this is not something I am going to do. Don't mind if someone does DrMD/PD hybrid though.

White Demon posted on Oct 17 2006 at 07:45 AM said:
Just one thing that DrMDx had that I liked is the ability to set different button configs for individual games, so that I could save different button configs for certain games, instead of having to re-set them everytime I loaded a game that I use a different setup for. Any chance of this being implemented in PicoDrive?
Button config is part of all other config, so you can configure keys and then go to options and do "save config for this game" and it should work.

reiboul posted on Oct 17 2006 at 09:35 AM said:
I forgot to mention about Shinning Force 2, screen is not centered, even when stretched. That's only minor bugs, though :)
Are you using the latest version? There have been some minor bugfix releases. See my first post.

notaz posted on Oct 16 2006 at 08:56 PM said:
reiboul posted on Oct 15 2006 at 11:51 PM said:
The only thing that need some work is the Key Config menu
What kind of work? Be more precise, please.

Just that it isn't very intuitive to use, a basic key config would be better, like in Quake or Duke 3D
In fact I don't really mind, as I don't remap my keys, but what annoys me more is that, , if I enter the menu by mistake, I can't quit that menu without pressing x time SELECT :unsure:

I just uppdated to the newest version from 0.93 to 0.963 I think. Somehow Sensible Soccer International Edition seems to have a problem but it worked in the old version. I haven't tried another rom, but I'll do that soon. Is there a special configuration that will work with this game?

DaveN posted on Oct 18 2006 at 12:37 PM said:
I just uppdated to the newest version from 0.93 to 0.963 I think. Somehow Sensible Soccer International Edition seems to have a problem but it worked in the old version. I haven't tried another rom, but I'll do that soon. Is there a special configuration that will work with this game?
Still works great for me and I didn't change any settings.

I actually have to underclock my GP2X! This is amazingly fast, maybe a bit too fast?

Alvin posted on Oct 18 2006 at 12:29 PM said:
I actually have to underclock my GP2X! This is amazingly fast, maybe a bit too fast?
Definitely too fast. Stick some while(1)'s in there notaz!

- Alex

Back