Picodrive 1.31

notaz, you are the man! Good to hear that you think all major problems are fixed now. I need to try this immediately... damn, no time. Friends showing up in about an hour... argh... RL is such a waste of precious gp2x time.

Bigg ThanX for this Emu and your other great work for the gp2x.
I just donated 20 euro's to Notaz trough Ed's shop. ^^

Hope to see more great things from you. :)

Greetzz... Jaylink

Julius posted on Mar 25 2007 at 04:44 AM said:
So this release is also recommended for Megadrive games again?
Yes, it should be the ultimate version.

Blah posted on Mar 25 2007 at 07:24 AM said:
It would be cool if you released the new code, I have an idea...
It will be released after the final bugfixes and some cleanup.

Lint posted on Mar 25 2007 at 06:58 AM said:
notaz, would it be possible to create a zip seek cache table for every 2kb, thus speeding up seek time while trying to read from a zipped iso?
or perhaps splitting the image file in smaller zip files so you don't have to use same dictionary for the whole iso?
It can be done, but it would require too much work (it is not trivial to save Inflate algorithm's state for cache). Smaller zips are not convenient to make.

shinneri posted on Mar 25 2007 at 10:14 AM said:
Uh oh! Lunar 2 doesn't go past the "Sega Produced by..." screen both with "Better sync" on and off in this new version. Guess I can't retire the old version just yet.
Ah fix one game and another one breaks. I think I just fixed that, will work in the bugfix release, anything else got broken?

Jaylink posted on Mar 25 2007 at 03:59 PM said:
Bigg ThanX for this Emu and your other great work for the gp2x.
I just donated 20 euro's to Notaz trough Ed's shop. ^^
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Notaz your emulator has come along great in a short time. After your bugfix and source releases
of Picodrive, Any chance at a possible PC engine emu in the future? Thanks again. :)

Just tried it with Night Trap, not sure if the buffer is working how it should? It runs perfectly smooth but soon runs out of buffer, so you get the 'Buffering' text down the bottom, buffers and runs smooth for maybe 10secs and does it again. I've tried every option from 128k to 16MB but still needs to buffer, only difference is the 16MB one pauses alot longer while it buffers, I'm no expert but it doesnt appear to be 'topping up' the buffer, just using all up then starting again?

Great work though, when it's smooth, it's VERY smooth and constant 60FPS!

Excellant work, my favourite emulator of them all. If you're looking for a new project would you possibly fix up the NES emulation? :D Then if you're really bored maybe PCE :D :D

PokeParadox posted on Mar 25 2007 at 04:41 PM said:
Yes it's not clear if the buffer is constantly filled or exhausted then filled, but the 2048 setting seems to work well.
It is filled after it gets exhausted. Filling it constantly would require reading SD card constantly, which would be the same as using no buffer at all.

Yorper posted on Mar 25 2007 at 07:01 PM said:
Excellant work, my favourite emulator of them all. If you're looking for a new project would you possibly fix up the NES emulation? :D Then if you're really bored maybe PCE :D :D
NES was my first system (actually it was a pirate clone), so I might consider it.

So, any other broken games?

NES was my first system (actually it was a pirate clone), so I might consider it.

Oh yeah, seconded! I'd love you forever if you'd bring NES emulation up to the same high level of emulation as Picodrive!

Thanks for your great work Notaz

Do you think that the 3-d intensive games on sega cd will work now? For instance: bc racers, soul star, etc etc

Thanks!

:)
Yorper posted on Mar 25 2007 at 04:01 PM said:

Yeah if a PCE emu w/CD support came out someday that worked as good as Picodrive that would be great. All of those great RPGs and shooters like Gate of thunder would be nice to play again.

Thanks Notaz for Picodrive , it is amazing work. Just sent donation through ED too :)

cowai posted on Mar 25 2007 at 06:19 PM said:
I have a question: Is picodrive "dynarecced"?

No.

DaveC posted on Mar 25 2007 at 05:44 PM said:
Yeah if a PCE emu w/CD support came out someday that worked as good as Picodrive that would be great. All of those great RPGs and shooters like Gate of thunder would be nice to play again.

Thanks Notaz for Picodrive , it is amazing work. Just sent donation through ED too :)

What Dave said (including the donation)!

Btw it is not dynareced, but it is dualcored :p

Back