Picodrive 1.31

novastorm will end the "not-working" fmv games list ?
not working for me ..boot start loading files and then nothing

probably doesn`t matter ..
this is a way too perfect emu and don`t care if one or two games won`t work :)
thankyou notaz!

I've noticed that some sounds like colecting gold in popful mail or some others on silpheed are mising, I already turn on every emulated chip to see if it was me but it didn't work.

By the way, thank you notaz, a dream come true

Fargo posted on Mar 26 2007 at 05:10 PM said:
I've noticed that when switching between MD roms, a "940 Crashed." message appeared on the lower left corner of the screen and roms cannot be started anymore!

To regenerate, please do the following:

1) Run an MD ROM and play for few seconds/minutes
2) Go back to the the menu and select a new ROM.
3) The new ROM will try to start but it crashes and the error message is given.

No other ROM can be selected after the first crash. The emu must be restarted to be able to play another rom. Please notice that you may need to switch between several ROMs before the 940 crashes.
Sorry, can't reproduce this. You may be too near your overclocking limit. Try to reduce and save config as default. If that doesn't help, try deleting all PD files and use a fresh copy.

____
List of games with issues:
Shadow of the beast 2, Death Bringer, Radical Rex, Dungeon Explorer, PopfulMail (last stage?), Novastorm, Chuck Rock (intro)

Shadow of the beast 2: I have a version (us?) which always hangs if you go left. This also happens in Gens and Fusion, so I suspect a bad dump floating around. I also have EU version which works fine.
Death Bringer: wait loop detection was too aggressive. Fixed.
Novastorm: Works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
shinra posted on Mar 26 2007 at 09:50 PM said:
I've noticed that some sounds like colecting gold in popful mail or some others on silpheed are mising, I already turn on every emulated chip to see if it was me but it didn't work.
Strange. Confirmed as bugs.

/me encountered a similar missing sound in the start-sequence of "Sonic & Knuckles" (where a big Sonic falls on the screen) ... theres no sound at all.

This is a great emulator, and I will donate.. :)
Any chance of another GP2x project in the future, or do you finally have time to enjoy your creations :D ^_^

notaz posted on Mar 25 2007 at 11:25 PM said:
Yorper posted on Mar 25 2007 at 10:53 PM said:
For the suggestion, any chance you could make it filter out mp3 files. There isnt really a need to have the emulator show them when browsing for ROMs to load, just gets slightly annoying having to scroll 35 mp3 files before i get to the iso to load. So if the emulator could just not list mp3 files that would be great :)
Great idea! And easy to do, done.

Is there a way that you could maybe have it so the shoulder buttons in the ROM browser will go to the beginning or end of the ROMlist? Example Left shoulder will go to the top of the list, Right will go to the bottom? Sometimes I am somewhere in the middle and it takes awhile to get to the top/bottom etc (lots of ROMs).

The Joystick left and right already jumps page by page so having the shoulder buttons do the same exact thing is kind of redundant.

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes the emu does not output sound, even if its turn on in the options menu, this is fixed if i delete every config (and or savestates?) any idea what could it be?

DaveC posted on Mar 27 2007 at 05:02 AM said:
Is there a way that you could maybe have it so the shoulder buttons in the ROM browser will go to the beginning or end of the ROMlist? Example Left shoulder will go to the top of the list, Right will go to the bottom? Sometimes I am somewhere in the middle and it takes awhile to get to the top/bottom etc (lots of ROMs).

The Joystick left and right already jumps page by page so having the shoulder buttons do the same exact thing is kind of redundant.
Left/right jumps by 10 entries. Maybe L/R could just jump more? Top/bottom wouldn't be too useful for me personally (I also have lots of ROMs).

shinra posted on Mar 27 2007 at 05:56 AM said:
I don't know if this is a bug or not, but sometimes the emu does not output sound, even if its turn on in the options menu, this is fixed if i delete every config (and or savestates?) any idea what could it be?
Doesn't happen for me. Maybe sound chips get disabled in advanced options? Can you find a easy to reproduce this?

very promising. checking this emu out tonight, thanks notaz. And thanks to Cabbages for this convenient video service.
[/quote]

Wow! This emulator is definitely something!

notaz posted on Mar 27 2007 at 08:39 AM said:
DaveC posted on Mar 27 2007 at 05:02 AM said:

Left/right jumps by 10 entries. Maybe L/R could just jump more? Top/bottom wouldn't be too useful for me personally (I also have lots of ROMs).

You could do what you want as it is your project :) I just noticed when I am in the middle of the list and want to get to the beginning or close to it I am doing alot of tapping and doing it for awhile to get there. If you could jump to the beginning or end fast and then use the joystick/pad l-r for page by page from there it would be quicker. Or you could do the l or R on the stick and the longer you hold it it would scroll progressively faster. Many ways to do it :)

having a lot of fun testing out terminator (ok platformer, feels like metal slug a little but less engaging), jaguar (kinda boring), and hopefully i can track down a copy of marky mark's make my video :)

great emulator for a great system. thanks very much notaz.

notaz posted on Mar 26 2007 at 09:58 PM said:
Sorry, can't reproduce this. You may be too near your overclocking limit. Try to reduce and save config as default. If that doesn't help, try deleting all PD files and use a fresh copy.

I think it was solved with version 1.31 :)

notaz posted on Mar 27 2007 at 02:39 AM said:
Doesn't happen for me. Maybe sound chips get disabled in advanced options? Can you find a easy to reproduce this?

the times it happen happen when my batteries ran out I think (not sure because i tried to reproduce it turning off my gp2x and nothing), maybe some files got corrupted, when this "bug?" happens in the emu option enabling/disabling sound or chips and saving again doesn't worked,so I deleted everything.

I've been having a problem with VAY. In the older versions of your emulator "Better sync" needed to be on in order for the game to run. Now it doesn't need it which is great, but the game freezes at one specific point. At the beginning of the game you need to go to a vault and get some treasure. When you go to the back room where the game starts and move along the right wall there is a hidden room where the vault is. There's 3 treasure chests in that room. The middle and right one's are fine, but once I select the one on the left it freezes. The music still goes but the game it's self will not go any further. I tried different things like under clocking, not using Readahead buffer, and a different bios but get the same results. Sorry the description is long but the vault room is hidden in the game and if you haven't played the game before you could be wondering around for a while. I'll see if I can try a couple other things, but it could be a bug.

EDIT: Ok I turned off Scale/Rot. fx and it now works fine. I still wonder if that was the real reason it froze. Was anyone else having this problem?

notaz posted on Mar 26 2007 at 12:25 AM said:
I've uploaded 1.31 with a fix for Lunar 2 and Batman games (but which are still unplayable due to strong use of gfx chip). The fix might have broken other games, but testing them is very time consuming, so I am uploading 1.31 now.

Yorper posted on Mar 25 2007 at 10:53 PM said:
Ok firstly for the bug, on Sonic CD (european version) sometimes the music will not repeat itself once the track has finished playing. However the North American version doesnt seem to have this happen to it, i dont know about the japanese version as i havent tried it.
I also test with EU version and it works fine. PD probably doesn't like your mp3s, try to reencode them as CBRs.

I remade my mp3 and it now repeats the music, sometimes there is a couple of seconds silence but so far it always repeats, so it must have been my mp3, thanks.

And thanks for adding the filtering of mp3, i love not having to scroll a huge list of them now before getting to the iso :D Great emulator mate, really appreciate all the hard work you've put into it :)

Cervante posted on Mar 27 2007 at 11:28 PM said:
Popful mail will not work , can anyone help me out here? running Pico 1.31, am I using the wrong bios or something?
Have you tried enabling "better sync" and resetting the game? Which BIOS do you use?

Back