Picodrive 1.31

Cruel posted on Mar 30 2007 at 09:57 AM said:
Is there any way i could stretch emu at fullscreen? It is always small black stripe at the top and another one at the bottom of the screen, where FPS counter is. I`ve found it in Picodrive and Pocketsnes but in Gpfce and Squidgesnes fullscrean mode is full.
There is currently no way to do vertical scaling, but it can be added very easily (using the blocky hardware scaler), so I can a option for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can add this option only for me? Oh.. you sooo cute... :wub:

Other people seems to dont bother with this, and all games fits display perfect anyway, but i personally would love to see every pixel of the screen in use. :)

I think that a similar option exist.
Try to enable 32k option or something similar.If you enable that you will see fullscreen but a non perfect aspect ratio.

Maybe there is still an (old) bug in Picodrive:
With every New Version, the program can't handle my old per-game-settings anymore. The files are still there but I only have the saved default values instead of game-specific settings. I use alot of different Settings in the games so I have to do many settings again and again.
Why Picodrive always forget game-settings ?

Cruel posted on Mar 30 2007 at 08:39 AM said:
You can add this option only for me? Oh.. you sooo cute... :wub:

Other people seems to dont bother with this, and all games fits display perfect anyway, but i personally would love to see every pixel of the screen in use. :)

It would look ugly as hell though. You want the screen to look blocky and distorted for a mm or two ;)

I think there are more important things to fix like the lock-ups etc.

He probably also scales 4:3 TV content on his expensive 16:9 flatscreen TV because he can not stand the idea that some of his expensive pixels go to waste by displaying black borders ;)

I dont think, it would look ugly, its only small amount of pixels. Pocketsnes doesn`t do full fullscreen but Squidgesnes does and both of them still looks good. Well of course if there is lock-ups its much more important to fix, i just didnt found any yet.
He probably also scales 4:3 TV content on his expensive 16:9 flatscreen TV because he can not stand the idea that some of his expensive pixels go to waste by displaying black borders
erm.. you see... first thing i`m a girl, and second that i hate widescreens :p

Cruel posted on Mar 30 2007 at 03:19 PM said:
I dont think, it would look ugly, its only small amount of pixels. Pocketsnes doesn`t do full fullscreen but Squidgesnes does and both of them still looks good. Well of course if there is lock-ups its much more important to fix, i just didnt found any yet.

Exactly because it is only such a small amount of pixels it would look ugly :p

erm.. you see... first thing i`m a girl, and second that i hate widescreens :p

LIE! Th3re are n0 g1rls on teh interweb!!!!

More Bug-Reporting:

Today I wanted to start with Phantasy Star 4 on Picodrive. All was fine until I wanted to use the ingame-Save function. Instead of saving my lvl 1 chara correctly it created 2 save slotts with an lvl8 and lvl20 chara... ???
Of course the save file was corrupt. after reseting the game I had to start from the beginning, there was not a single save file in title screen. (good that I had made an Emulator-Quicksave :lol: )
I had checked the ROM with an PC emulator - save function are working 100% correctly there. So I think it's something wrong in Picodrive? :(

EDIT: Savestate File from PC works fine in Picodrive...until I want to save there. If I save in unused Slot 3, save file in Slot 1 is overwritten and in the end I have the 2 useless values in Slot 1+2 (3 is free ) -funny

He-he, thread goes offtopic, but i`m sure, i`ve posted photos of me and my homemade GP2X T-shirt somewhere, oh yeah, here (nobody liked it boo-hoo):
http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showt...35419&st=15
I like tehnical stuff, maybe i was planned to born as a boy, but, you know, heaven is running under Windows :)

In-game saves works fine for me in Wonderboy-6.

I like the simplistic design of that shirt, I'd wear it! :)

Anywayyys...great job on Picodrive Notaz!

Best emu on the GP2X.

I dont think, it would look ugly, its only small amount of pixels. erm.. you see... first thing i`m a girl, and second that i hate widescreens :p

When you stretch it like that you get double pixels like every 20 lines or so it is very un-even. When things scroll you will notice rippling when it goes through those scaled lines too. diagonal lines will get noticeable "blotchy" with notches every so often.

If it is something where the res is very low like Gameboy it kind of makes sense. With Genesis where it is so close to full screen anyway the distortion in image doesn't seem worth the extra 2 mm of screen size.

Just sent a donation for you notaz for all the work you have done on picodrive, it wasnt a huge amount, but you can certainly buy a couple of beers with it :p

PS. This is the first project i've felt truely deserved a donation to show my appreciation ;)

Thanks to Notaz for an awesome emulator - being able to (re)play all the old MegaCD games (and now - on-the-go) is great

One problem I have encountered though - how does one change discs for a multi disc game (eg. night trap) - and still continue the game?

fusion_power posted on Mar 30 2007 at 04:12 PM said:
Why Picodrive always forget game-settings ?
Because there was a bug with paths. Game-specific settings were completely broken in 1.20, this should not happen again in the future.

fusion_power posted on Mar 30 2007 at 07:07 PM said:
[...]
EDIT: Savestate File from PC works fine in Picodrive...until I want to save there. If I save in unused Slot 3, save file in Slot 1 is overwritten and in the end I have the 2 useless values in Slot 1+2 (3 is free ) -funny
Sounds like broken memhandlers. Thanks for reporting, I'll look at that.

Julius posted on Mar 30 2007 at 08:22 PM said:
@ Notaz: Is it possible to autoskip the two generic starting screens (the planet and the sega one)?
It just seems to take such a long time to start all these games.
No, unless I used HLE or some sort of hack, which would be too much of work. It should be possible to hack BIOS not to display those logos too, there could be hacked BIOS similar to NeoGeo unibios, but I haven't seen any..

gp2xdwarf posted on Mar 30 2007 at 08:54 PM said:
One problem I have encountered though - how does one change discs for a multi disc game (eg. night trap) - and still continue the game?
Currently this is impossible. This is not implemented just because I don't know how to make those multi-cd games tho ask for another CD. I have no time to play through them. Are there some cheats or something? Savestate would also do, but I would need one saved several seconds _before_ it asks for other disk.

DaveC posted on Mar 30 2007 at 08:12 PM said:
If it is something where the res is very low like Gameboy it kind of makes sense. With Genesis where it is so close to full screen anyway the distortion in image doesn't seem worth the extra 2 mm of screen size.
I have been asked for this before, so I'll just add additional scaling setting so they can use it if they want.

Back