Picodrive 1.14

SunSpire posted on Feb 10 2007 at 12:08 PM said:
So you did reply to this before? I must have overlooked it, really sorry about that!

Thank you for answering my question, notaz. People wouldn't want less speed for more options so it's better to leave the volume control as it is, no big deal at all just something I was curious about. What jegub said is good too, re-encoding the mp3's might actually help a little, but turning off the YM sound emulation and play pcm and mp3 sound only is easier, hehe ...

"SunSpire"

I vote for leaving the settings as they are right now. I dont think its a good idea to have a volume for each channel

Last edited by a moderator:
I use MP3Gain to alter the loudness of my MP3's. The best thing about it is that it doesn't decompress/recompress the MP3's meaning no loss of audio quality. It's easy to use and free.

It defaults to 89 dB which is probably a good figure.

shinneri posted on Feb 10 2007 at 01:05 AM said:
So has anyone tried Heart of the Alien?

the stand alone version of HotA plays great (w/o sound) so you might want to try that out for the time being (but ill test it as soon as i gget my 2x back from my mom :D )

also thanks for the update! it sounds great thanks notaz

Goemon4 posted on Feb 12 2007 at 01:00 PM said:
the stand alone version of HotA plays great (w/o sound) so you might want to try that out for the time being (but ill test it as soon as i gget my 2x back from my mom :D )

also thanks for the update! it sounds great thanks notaz
Yeah, I update Gamepark newbie to include the GP2X HOTA interpreter, which is what got me wondering about the game on Picodrive. :)

ahh i see, i cant test it tho (i think i accidentally deleted my iso) but if it works with the interpriter, it should work through this..... ill try to get another and test it (if you havent already)

yeah didnt work for me, it works in the stand alone tho

Wow, Ive been away from the scene for 6 months and I thought I'd pop back and see what's new...i'm amazed I never imagined Mega CD emulation would make it to the GP2X, totally regretting selling mine now, Sonic CD on the move...drool!

Except that (mode 7 stages) the game is running at fullspeed even at 200 mhz if you limit sound etc,..with all at max you need 240 or more.

Now, I'll be honest, I haven't touched this yet. With the slightly lowered compatibility for genesis games and the limited compatibility of sega CD games(plus the lack of space on my SD card), I'll wait a bit for another version or two to come out.

However, the fact that you're tackling this at all, and already making this progress...Wow. You are truly, truly gloreous, and while I cannot supply money(Broke as all hell), you have my praise.

No reason to not touch it. Download this for sega cd emulation, and keep the older picodrive for genesis emulation.
Snatcher takes around 80mb and it's worth it. :)

HOLY SHIT! DID I READ THIS RIGHT!? MEGA-CD SUPPORT!
Sorry guys I've been playing around with DS, PSP, XBOX, And Gamecube homebrew so I really haven't touched my gp32x in a while. I can't beleive that I'm reading this correctly since it was declared that "mega-cd has a 1 percent chance of happening". I'm gonna update my 32x right now! How well is it performing?! I can't wait to play lunar 2 eternal blue!

Is the mega-cd something that can be accomplished? Is this something that your looking to really hit hard? Or is this a concept thing like the psx emulator?

Lunar Eternal blue still has glitches, but i'm confident that notaz will fix those :)

Do the "mode 7 " stages in Sonic work yet? The last I heard they didn't work making it impossible to get further in the game.

DaveC posted on Feb 18 2007 at 08:53 PM said:
Do the "mode 7 " stages in Sonic work yet? The last I heard they didn't work making it impossible to get further in the game.
Not working for the moment.

Rivroner posted on Feb 18 2007 at 08:59 PM said:
DaveC posted on Feb 18 2007 at 08:53 PM said:
Not working for the moment.

Any way to get past them somehow? Like a cheat mode or something? I wanted to try this emu and Sonic was what I was interested in.

@DaveC

Sonic CD is fully playable. You just can't see the mode 7 effects in the bonus rounds.

@gone postal
Many games are runnig full speed with CDDA sound @200 mhz/double core mode. PCM sound with many channels in use slows the emulation down so you get ~30fps.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock posted on Feb 18 2007 at 09:33 PM said:
@DaveC

Sonic CD is fully playable. You just can't see the mode 7 effects in the bonus rounds.

@gone postal
Many games are runnig full speed with CDDA sound @200 mhz/double core mode. PCM sound with many channels in use slows the emulation down so you get ~30fps.

Regards,
Stephan

Cool tried it works great.

On thing I noticed is that the music stops after awhile and doesn't loop. Is there something I am doing wrong or is it supposed to do that?

Back