Picodrive 1.31

notaz posted on Mar 31 2007 at 03:21 AM said:
Currently this is impossible. This is not implemented just because I don't know how to make those multi-cd games tho ask for another CD. I have no time to play through them. Are there some cheats or something? Savestate would also do, but I would need one saved several seconds _before_ it asks for other disk.

Such a save file is not a problem at all - I have one right here currently infact, just let me know how you'd like me to get it to you, and it shall be done :D

Last edited by a moderator:
purple_goat posted on Mar 30 2007 at 04:04 PM said:
This is officially my most used emulator on gp2x :D
thanks
Easily. :)

About scaling. I find the current scaling (that only stretches horizontal) to be ideal. Mainly because it outputs perfectly to my TV this way. If you do add this vertical scaling, please also keep the scaling that exists now. :)

in spiderman VS kingpin CD the game hangs in the loading screen when exiting the starret lehigh building (west from the beginning) even if I turn on better sinc or read ahead buffer.

Argh.. Sonic & Knuckles locks for me twice. I have played about 10 minutes. However, emu is still active and i can make save state.
And in-game saves in Phantasy star-4 didnt work for me too.

Great emulator anyway, i hope you not working on it all night and day, or you might burn yourself :)

Cruel posted on Apr 1 2007 at 01:39 PM said:
Ah, I'm not the only one. :)
Dam'n, I thought PHantasy Star 1 and 2 were great games, but PS4 is simply amazing! :blink: I think I have to spend the next weeks only with this Game and normaly I'm not a big fan of turn based RPG's. :lol:

nixeon4x posted on Mar 26 2007 at 04:15 PM said:
Here's another game to be fixed, On the last stage of PopfulMail It crashes randomly when you move around. :huh:
Can anyone confirm this? I tried cheating to get to the last level but the code doesn't work for me.

Cruel posted on Apr 1 2007 at 02:39 PM said:
Argh.. Sonic & Knuckles locks for me twice.
I have fixed this in 1.32wip, for now you can just turn on "accurate timing" and it should stop locking up.

Confirmed as bug and fixed already.

Great emulator anyway, i hope you not working on it all night and day, or you might burn yourself :)
I have just finished implementing vertical scaling for you :)

fusion_power posted on Apr 1 2007 at 05:05 PM said:
Dam'n, I thought PHantasy Star 1 and 2 were great games, but PS4 is simply amazing! :blink: I think I have to spend the next weeks only with this Game and normaly I'm not a big fan of turn based RPG's. :lol:

Phantasy Star IV blew me away. I played the other three only a small bit and didn't like them that much, concidering there was hardly any story or character development to speak of. But PSIV was just awesome. The excellent story (with the awesome comic style cutscenes), catchy music and detailed graphics. Definately one of the best rpg's out there. :)

I played through this game on Picodrive. I love this handheld and emulator. Great work Notaz. :D

notaz posted on Apr 1 2007 at 05:52 PM said:
Nice. :) When we can benefit from the Fix?
Strange, that nobody had mentioned such a bug before, PS4 is a often played Game I think. ^^""

Draken posted on Apr 1 2007 at 05:57 PM said:
Phantasy Star IV blew me away. I played the other three only a small bit and didn't like them that much, concidering there was hardly any story or character development to speak of. But PSIV was just awesome. The excellent story (with the awesome comic style cutscenes), catchy music and detailed graphics. Definately one of the best rpg's out there. :)

I played through this game on Picodrive. I love this handheld and emulator. Great work Notaz. :D
I'm not the biggest fan of heavy plots (and gameplay-interuptions) but it's nice to see and well solved. (very funny the part with Alys mesurements :lol: )
But I prefer leveling up char's :) Not easy in this game, many Characters and much more Skills....and Combos...and Macros... very headaching in the beginning. :lol: Glad that I had PS2 Experience (The Game!)

I found a small bug in AH-3 Thunderstrike (NTSC) and PicoDrive 131:

PicoDrive 1.30:
130.jpg

PicoDrive 1.31:
131.jpg

Some graphics are missing, generated with the Sega CD video chip. I tried all settings.
Not a very important glitch, but perhaps you want to fix it.

Thanks.

Regards,
Stephan

fusion_power said:
notaz said:
Nice. :) When we can benefit from the Fix?

Should be a couple of days. I would like to fix Popful Mail first (when I get the savestate of that last level).

sbock said:
I found a small bug in AH-3 Thunderstrike (NTSC) and PicoDrive 131:
Ah, another regression (it was incorrect assumption). Fixed.

Well, not a bugfix, but a small wish:
ASK before loading or saving when using L or R.

I have just overwritten my Dune Savegame by pressing L after loading up the ISO... :/

notaz said:
Ah, another regression (it was incorrect assumption). Fixed.
Great.

@EvilDragon

Yes, I had the same problem. You often accidently press the both buttons. I unbind the functions in the options menu.

Regards,
Stephan

EvilDragon said:
I have just overwritten my Dune Savegame by pressing L after loading up the ISO... :/
There already is a "confirm save overwrites" option for that.

Yes correct, but when you press "load" accidendly, there is no warning message and the game progress is gone.

I have just finished implementing vertical scaling for you

Really? Wow how fast, thank you! Units in Dune-2 should look a bit bigger now.
I feel guilty, you`re must be so tired... :wub:
Don`t worry i wouldnt ask for more, except maybe to take a look on nes emu... oh no! I`m starting to do that again! Don`t listen to me.. :ph34r:

Have played Sonic & Knuckles with "accurate timing" this morning and no locks-up yet. Cool, i need to test this game inside out.

sbock, i thought, you can make two buttons for quick load, like L+Select

I have problems with the game soul star. it starts but after a two or three seconds it crashes. Should I change the settings or does this game just not work on picodrive.

Cruel said:
sbock, i thought, you can make two buttons for quick load, like L+Select
Ah yes, good idea. Thanks.

@chaos engineer

Try to set the option "Better Sync". It solves many problems...

Regards,
Stephan

notaz said:
EvilDragon said:
There already is a "confirm save overwrites" option for that.

Aaah, not enabled by default, I guess?
I should take some more time looking into options I guess ;)
Thanks a bunch :)

Last edited:
Back