Playing Html5 Games On Pandora

They don't even run on my desktop (Firefox, latest) :) (they seem to run, but 'press A'... no go.)

No idea about Pandora though (I don't have the repaired wifi yet.)

jeff

skeezix said:
They don't even run on my desktop (Firefox, latest) :) (they seem to run, but 'press A'... no go.)

jeff
on the website it says: a=z, b=x, and c=c. I think its a layout that needs to be explained but it works. I played the games on firefox. They have no sound and slowdown once in a while, the slowdown is probably manual memory collection.

Last edited by a moderator:
skeezix said:

jeff

A seems to be Z on my computer..

Meh seemed to be explained already..

skeezix said:
I know why, you were hitting the wrong key. On the game "Leave Me Alone" on that site. Instead of hitting a, you need to hit "z" instead. Sorta like how emulators has keys mapped.

Edit: Dang Ninja!

HTML5 is a standard that will gradually spread. So the Pandora will definitely be able to, eventually.

Having said that, my Touch Book (same SoC as Pandora) was able to run those games through Chromium, but not Midori (I think the ARM version of Midori lags behind the desktop version; they ran perfectly through desktop Midori). So looks like they'll be working on Pandora sooner rather than later.

They run in Chrome on my laptop, but Capman seems to be a little buggy. I'm not sure if that's the game or my browser.

fiveseven said:
They run in Chrome on my laptop, but Capman seems to be a little buggy. I'm not sure if that's the game or my browser.
fine for me, i donno what's up w/ yours

Just tried them on Arora, the browser that's currently Pandora's default. They work mostly fine, but when moving to the right in legend of sadness and packman, the sprites were missing... Also, I think they might be a bit too heavy for the Pandora...

Yes, some HTML5 games will work on a pandora. How do I know? I'm working one right now (almost ready for 1.0 GPL release, I'll get back on that later) and I use an N900 to test it. It's playable, but then again it IS turn based. But THEN again it does do a lot of gui-blocking (well, disabling) AJAX calls to the server. So yeah, not sure how well action games will do, but turn based should be OK at least.

Aww gotta love the ending to The Legend of Sadness!

I'm able to get HTML5 stuff to run on my second generation 8GB iPod Touch. Like this HTML5 3D cube demo example: http://thebackbutton.com/post_oldblogpost_86

Now that demo ended up being too much for my iPod Touch to handle. The demo began to slow way down then eventually crashed my iPod's Browser.

However, it's working fine on my moms Third Generation 32gb iPod Touch. (Basically the same hardware as a iPhone 3GS.) So if moms 32gb iPod Touch can handle it. I see no reason the Pandora can't. As long as the browser supports HTML5.

I got Legend of Sadness working on my Flock on my iMac; Oh, and I started button mashing before I realized that z=a and it exposed the source code. I'm going to try this later on my other computer using MM3 Websassistant to try and save the game and see what I can learn from it...
Thanks!

Works good onto my Opera 10.51. However, these Games still need Java Script activated and I don't know if this can run onto the Pandora.
Game Controls are not very usable onto a german keyboard where Y and Z are switched. But I love it to see, that there could be a world WITHOUT Flash! :D

Damn, I've got no USB/bluetooth keyboard, so I can't test it on my N800. It loads just fine in Tear, but I've got no controls. The forced touch version doesn't work either.

Back