Playstation Emulation

palmertech said:
BackAssward said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
the main problem is that nothing else supports eboots... while isos are supported in every psx emulator out there (the one in your windows, the one in your xbox, etc)
other than that, you guys just have to realize it's a really good way to compress the ps1 data. it's just a matter of using one little easy-to-use app to batch convert all your favorite games :) there are a lot of apps that do this, just choose one
You must read the entire thread. There was no push to support *only* eboot. They already said like three times, support for other formats will not be removed.

/Reading comprehension, tastes like chicken.

Actually, he has a point. I think he knows that they are not removing support for anything, but it is nice to be able to move my isos and save files across platforms, and if eboots become the defacto standard for the Pandora, then features like previews for standard iso files is less likely to happen. Really though; How much do you really think it will affect your gaming experience? I am eternally grateful for the very existence of a PSX emulator, so I will most certainly not complain about including a format that I dont want to use.

thx, you saved me precious minutes i'd have spent replying to some annoying troll trying to distort my words (once again). thank you, really ;)

btw, development seems to be going pretty well there... should I expect playable tekken 3 with sound on the first (public) release? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
thx, you saved me precious minutes i'd have spent replying to some annoying troll trying to distort my words (once again). thank you, really ;)
Awesome, I helped someone! TAKE THAT, TROLL! I actually think that he meant well, he just went around it the wrong way.

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
btw, development seems to be going pretty well there... should I expect playable tekken 3 with sound on the first (public) release? :)

Why not? ;)

palmertech said:
.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
Awesome, I helped someone! TAKE THAT, TROLL! I actually think that he meant well, he just went around it the wrong way.

Me? I'm no Troll! Actually, after re-reading my post, I still don't see anything wrong with it, but meh, each to their own. Just seemed like he was asking for something that had already been addresses in the thread multiple times, unless it's my reading comprehension that is farked.

BackAssward said:
Me? I'm no Troll! Actually, after re-reading my post, I still don't see anything wrong with it, but meh, each to their own. Just seemed like he was asking for something that had already been addresses in the thread multiple times, unless it's my reading comprehension that is farked.
Ah well that makes for two oversights in one post. Firstly, if you have a hard time recognizing where you went afoul in your first message, just pay attention to the tone of my post... I'm sure you'll catch on. In any case it must be your reading comprehension that has the issues since palmertech, myself, and quite possibly others (if their non-input is any indication...) understood where Gogeta was going with his explanation. This only leads to one logical conclusion... someone's reading comprehension is slightly off kilter, but not all of ours.

P.S.: I didn't really mean to be a such an ass, but since you were having a hard time grasping what was so wrong with your post, it seemed you needed a hint.

P.P.S: I would not have to had to write that P.S. to spell that out for you if I thought your reading comprehension was developed enough to pick up on the undertones of the message.

P.P.P.S: No, I'm still just kidding. But isn't it fun when people exaggerate circumstances and come at you like a complete asshole, unwarranted? ;)

Just here to let people know I'm alive and getting back to work on Pandora as normal. I had a bunch of work to do with other projects. I still have that work but I'm squeezing more work into Pandora as things are heating up. :)

Expect videos soon! I got a clamping monopod for my desk too for better videos of macro shots! :p

zodttd said:
Expect videos soon! I got a clamping monopod for my desk too for better videos of macro shots! :p
Excellent. This board is full of people dying to see some new videos!

Would help calm the angry mob a bit. :p

Have you tested Crash Team Racing on the emulator, because that is my favourite game and if it doesn't work I may infact perish ;)?

Also will there be support for multiplayer on it, some sort of sync on both pandora screens and bluetooth/WiFi?

Hi everyone, I've been asleep (lurking) for months now, waiting and watching. Since news of new video coming soon, and talk of support for different games, I thought I'd just mention that since the beginning, I have been hoping for one particular game to be playable on PSX4Pandora, I tracked down a new copy to rip in anticipation about a year ago! :p

Now I don't expect an answer of course but it would mean a lot to me if I could get one - especially a positive response when I ask- deep breath- Is it feasible that Ridge Racer Hi-Spec demo could be supported? 60 FPS portable RR in hi-res would make my day for many days to come, I just hope that there's nothing obvious standing in the way of that. Too much for some reason? I have no idea, aside from that fingers crossed it was cleaned up code wise.

Still, regardless, RR Revolution would be almost as great - and something to look forward to - and I want to thank you for the work put into this emu. There's so many great games to go back to from PSX, playing some (even lots by the sound of it) of them again full speed with sound on the go will be such a thrill for me and likely others that haven't really gone back to them since the original days...

B) donations practically guaranteed for this! Thanks again :)

Annd, back to sleep ;)

Zodttd, great to hear everythings on track.

Look forward to seeing some current progress :)

Also just a quick rant, Not to take a dig at you Shodan but I don't give a shit about animated menu pictures if that's what you meant. I reckon get the compatibilty up first, then worry about that later :p

joshwaan2k said:
Zodttd, great to hear everythings on track.

Look forward to seeing some current progress :)

Also just a quick rant, Not to take a dig at you Shodan but I don't give a shit about animated menu pictures if that's what you meant. I reckon get the compatibility up first, then worry about that later :p
Uhh... By "animated pictures," I think he meant that new fangled technology called videos.

Actually, I think it would technically be "movies" but I'm being sarcastic anyway, so meh.

Well I reckon he was sarcastic as in mocking the vid of Pandora running a slideshow with static images of a few games and apps a way back. Anyway- maybe I'm wrong.

It's good to see any updates as far as I'm concerned

zodttd said:
Just here to let people know I'm alive and getting back to work on Pandora as normal. I had a bunch of work to do with other projects. I still have that work but I'm squeezing more work into Pandora as things are heating up. :)
whooo, whoooo!

Excellent.

This is stupendous news, truly great.

So I did a quick forum search but couldn't find anything on this subject, and I don't feel like reading through a bunch of threads.

I have a bunch of legitimately purchased playstation cd-roms, and I would like to rip them and try them out in an emulator. But I'd like to rip them to something I could use on the Pandora when it comes out. Do I need anything special to do this? What's the best windows based emulator to try them out on?

Back