Pandora PNDManager

"Edit settings.cfg in appdata and insert repo.openpandora.org credentials to enable features that require logging in."

I may be blind but I cannot find this file in the root of Appdata or any of the folders.

Pandora->appdata->pndmanager->settings.cfg :D just add your repo username and API key in there.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Edit settings.cfg in appdata and insert repo.openpandora.org credentials to enable features that require logging in."

I may be blind but I cannot find this file in the root of Appdata or any of the folders.
it's in pandora/appdata/pndmanager

EDIT: :ph34r:

DOH!!!

Ignore me, I forgot it was on SD in slot 1.

Blimus shows how often I take that out of my Pandora.

Still I find sometimes issues when rating pnds... maybe it can work for 4/5 times in a row but then it remains stuck when submitting, and I need to close the program.

If after reopening the program I retry to set the rating for the same app it can happen again, or it can work fast... I didn't find a rule for this...

@Milkshake Yeah, I should update the screenshots every once in a while :D

I'll try to do something about the rating/commenting hangs in coming versions

Qt5 port will have to be sidelined for now, as .next probably can't hold both Qt4 (needed by just about every Qt application) and Qt5, pndmanager is going in the image and maintaining two versions would be too much overhead. I've stashed the Qt5 work I did to a separate git branch so it can be easily reapplied at a more proper time. Too bad, I was looking forward to using the new stuff in Qt5 :( .

Qt5 port will have to be sidelined for now, as .next probably can't hold both Qt4 (needed by just about every Qt application) and Qt5, pndmanager is going in the image and maintaining two versions would be too much overhead. I've stashed the Qt5 work I did to a separate git branch so it can be easily reapplied at a more proper time. Too bad, I was looking forward to using the new stuff in Qt5 :( .
I really hope we Qt5 does get into .next for applications such as yours.

what would happen if we had Qt5 and not Qt4 would old apps break? or is Qt5 backwards compatible?

I read that the backward compatibility is mostly there, but the qt4 apps must be recompiled

Yes, it's mostly effortless to port from Qt4 to Qt5 codewise. Build systems may need tweaking. QMake and CMake based applications are quite straightforward, can't say for others. There are exceptions, however, where source compatibility has broken.

Not abandoning. The parts that need porting stay pretty much the same and are mostly done (with the exception of a few parts that need new code to appease new interfaces). The master branch can be moved to qt5 when it's a good time. No need to fumble with two branches meanwhile.

Yes, in the NAND. And yes, there probably won't be enough space for Qt5, which is sad. Panorama+PNDManager itself is quite tiny; the PND is 12MiB mostly because of the included (stripped) Qt4 build.

Upgraded to the new version, and while having higher download speeds is really nice, the improved syncing is a real dealbreaker for me. I did notice that PNDManager gets unresponsive, if several downloads are happening at the same time, though. Is there an option to not download things in parallel, but consecutive ?

I'd also like to express a feature request: Could it be made possible to exclude some pnds deliberatly from beeing updated/from appearing in the update list ? Usecase: Yesterday the "pnds to update" list was quite long, and I overlooked the RtCW entry in it, so it updated this particular pnd too - which I didn't not want to happen.

Download queue is planned to be implemented soon.

libpndman already supports what you propose. There's no GUI way to use it, but as a workaround you can use milky to set those. Since PNDManager and Milky share database, it should work nicely.

EDIT: No, the feature is in milky, not libpndman. So no workaround at the moment.

Back