Pandora PNDManager

Tried this with another USB key, but same result

http://pastie.org/private/f8lxd5wcvgwyiocqxnlzg

I can see lots of things going wrong,

First of, some permission problems

mkdir: cannot create directory `interfaces/CustomPNDManager': Operation not permitted

cp: target `interfaces/CustomPNDManager' is not a directory

Malformed data from repo (though this can happen too if no new updates when merging)

in function :: _pndman_json_process

Bad json data, won't process sync for: http://repo.openpandora.org/includes/get_data.php

And lastly,

*** glibc detected *** ./panorama: corrupted double-linked list: 0x003f8c28 ***

I would like a gdb backtrace of that.

USB key should work just fine with libpndman.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today I tried at work with an SD, I downloaded PNDManager through PNDStore, but when I started it same result...

The SD was empty, I just made the pandora/menu dir, and there was nothing inserted except for that SD

Where does the directory "`interfaces/CustomPNDManager" is supposed to be created ? In the USB key/ SD the app has read&write permission

I would like a gdb backtrace of that.

is it something I can show to you ?

You would need to run the binary manually (not PND) with gdb and give run 'bt full' when panorama crashes and give me the output.

Btw, does milkyhelper work fine?

Get the pnd, type 'milky -Sy', it asks you for a device to use. Select the USB device and it should synchorize repos.

After that try install something eg. 'milky -S dinodefense'

By default it uses rxvt since xfce4 terminal forks itself to background.. It won't have scrollbars but you can scroll with shift + x/y.

@ Cloudef: Milyhelper 2.0.2.1 works ok

@ B-ZaR: that's strange... PNDManager is able to create the other 2 directories, the conf and db files...

EDIT: After I run Milkyhelper, PNDManager started working !! Or at least it have icons and the updated list of application

I'll try again with another USB key

I was able to reproduce it, here exactly what I've done

All with an empty USB Key:

1) Created pandora/apps

2) Installed PNDManager 1.1.3.0 (with PNDStore)

3) Started PNDManager, and it have no icons and only 1 app installed (I waited 5 minutes just to see if it was updating or something)

4) Clicked the update button in the lower right, and after some rotation appeared the message "Sync complete"... but there was still only one app listed

5) Closed PNDManager

6) Installed Milkyhelper 2.0.2.1 (with PNDStore)

7) Launched Milkyhelper and used command "milky -Sy" and "1" to select the USB key

8) Report error "http://repo.openpandora.org/includes/get_data.php, failed to synchorize." (there's a typo in the message :p ) "Transferred partial file... etc.. etc..."

(That wasn't appened the first time...)

9) Retry with "milky -Sy" ...... "milkshakes-repo, synchorized succefully"

10) "milky -S dinodefense" ........ "Installed dinodefense-dinodefense-15443"

11) Closed Milkyhelper

12) Started PNDManager.... full of icons and apps :)

When in the repo will appears a new updated app I want to see if PNDManager is still in sync

That's VERY strange since both use the exact same backend.

When you start PNDManager it crawls your media for PNDs, but won't sync with the repository automatically. Only after you tap sync you get repo data (and with them the icons). I have to say I currently have little idea what went wrong there. Glad you got it working in the end though. If this starts becoming a trend (and not an isolated incidence) I'll look into it more. (for now it could be caused by any number of things)

The gdb backtrace would still help I guess, though you need to extract the pnd somewhere and run it. This will cause it to write to nand propably too unless you temporarly export $HOME to somewhere else.

The failing of synchorization and partial file stuff was probably because of repo load or wifi crapping out. Both are not rare.

The gdb backtrace would still help I guess, though you need to extract the pnd somewhere and run it. This will cause it to write to nand propably too unless you temporarly export $HOME to somewhere else.

The failing of synchorization and partial file stuff was probably because of repo load or wifi crapping out. Both are not rare.

I'm relatively new to this kind of things in Linux...

does the command

Code:
export HOME=/media/sda1/fakehome

can do the work ?

EDIT: I have the files extracted from the PND in a directory on the USB key and changed the HOME to point in another folder in the USB too, but I can't understand how exactly I have to run the program with gdb, I know only now of its existence :p

EDIT 2: ok, it started... but it can't find some libraries... I need to move them too

does the command

Code:

can do the work ?

Yes, that works until you close terminal.

However you might need to export XDG_CONFIG_HOME too, I don't know which env variables B-ZaR uses on panorama pandora build if any.

Then 'gdb ./panorama', when it crashes type 'bt full' and paste the backtrace.

does the command

Code:

can do the work ?

Yes, that works until you close terminal.

However you might need to export XDG_CONFIG_HOME too, I don't know which env variables B-ZaR uses on panorama pandora build if any.

Then 'gdb ./panorama', when it crashes type 'bt full' and paste the backtrace.

With that command the program don't start,I only see this

Code:
Reading symbols from /media/VOLUME/trial/panorama...(no debugging symbols found)...done.

(gdb)

I tried to use run, but here the result

Code:
(gdb) run

Starting program: /media/VOLUME/trial/panorama

/media/VOLUME/trial/panorama: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDeclarative.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Program exited with code 0177.

(gdb)

I tried to use run, but here the result

Code:
(gdb) run

/media/VOLUME/trial/panorama: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDeclarative.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Program exited with code 0177.

(gdb)

There should be directory with included libraries, export LD_LIBRARY_PATH to point at that directory like sebt3 mentioned above.

after the seb3 command it started,but when was appeared "sync complete" was writing on the key for so much time that i fell asleep... in the morning there was the list updated with icons... but seems happened something strange during the night,firefox crashed and even tunar...

so for some strange reason no crash this time...anyway here is the log from the terminal

Code:
(gdb) run

warning: Unable to find libthread_db matching inferior's thread library, thread debugging will not be available.

warning: Unable to find libthread_db matching inferior's thread library, thread debugging will not be available.

QIconvCodec::convertFromUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed

QIconvCodec::convertToUnicode: using Latin-1 for conversion, iconv_open failed

QGtkStyle was unable to detect the current GTK+ theme.

Qt: Session management error: Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed

Settings are saved in "/media/VOLUME/trial/settings.cfg"

PNDManager::PNDManager

* Reading from "/media/VOLUME"

file:///media/VOLUME/trial/interfaces/PNDManager/HelpDialog.qml:12:3: QML Image: Error decoding: file:///media/VOLUME/trial/interfaces/PNDManager/img/rebirth-banner.jpg: Unsupported image format

Loaded UI PNDManager created by B-ZaR.

Description:

PND Manager application

Found 2 packages

SyncWorkerSingleton::SyncWorkerSingleton

SyncWorker::start

SyncWorker::start

[New LWP 3609]

SyncWorker::process -> ready

Found 2 packages

SyncWorker::process -> ready

Found 506 packages

[New LWP 3608]

[LWP 3609 exited]

[LWP 3608 exited]

Program exited normally.

(gdb) bt full

No stack.

(gdb)

EDIT: now even the PND works ok...

"Error decoding: file:///media/VOLUME/trial/interfaces/PNDManager/img/rebirth-banner.jpg: Unsupported image format"

In case you wonder, this is because you do not set Qt plugin directory as the panorama startup script does. Won't cause other problems than JPEG images not showing up.

"Error decoding: file:///media/VOLUME/trial/interfaces/PNDManager/img/rebirth-banner.jpg: Unsupported image format"

In case you wonder, this is because you do not set Qt plugin directory as the panorama startup script does. Won't cause other problems than JPEG images not showing up.

I was sure to have left something behind :p

I will try again later, anyway the problem seems to be with the FIRST ever sync

somehow, with newer PND Manager, after refreshing the lists, I have to restart it to see apps that can be updated. I deleted the appdate folder and now I'm waiting for an repo app to update, maybe now it works instantly like before.

Besides that, PND Manager works great. :)

Back