Possible Gba Emulator Already In The Works....

Stop crying. I didn't call you a liar, I asked for proof. Jesus Christ get over it. Don't give me proof, fine. We'll just have to wait and see, I guess.

Geez, some people are really over sensitive on these forums.. lighten up..
All iignotus asked was a screen capture so we could see it for ourselves. I dont see why some people are getting so uptight over a request.

Heh, I think someone woke up on the wrong side this morning.

LuvClub: nice info, thanks!

All iignotus asked was a screen capture so we could see it for ourselves. I dont see why some people are getting so uptight over a request.

No, it is just because he did not not have the respect to read my post fully before commenting as others have pointed out. Then to cover his backside he had to start calling other people smartasses and asking for proof.

well, I showed him a way to find proof, by looking in EXE with a hexeditor.

But that is my lot.

So please accept my apologies for bringing this to everybody's attention in the first place. As I said before I do not intend to buy gp2x just yet anyway.

Anyway here you go

Took me a while to 'find' a screen cap utility (since my I'm new to ppc) and also have never tried to upload pics before.

Quite simple actually...should have did it before.

Last edited by a moderator:

No, it is just because he did not not have the respect to read my post fully before commenting as others have pointed out. Then to cover his backside he had to start calling other people smartasses and asking for proof.

well, I showed him a way to find proof, by looking in EXE with a hexeditor.

But that is my lot.

So please accept my apologies for bringing this to everybody's attention in the first place. As I said before I do not intend to buy gp2x just yet anyway.

Anyway here you go

Took me a while to 'find' a screen cap utility (since my I'm new to ppc) and also have never tried to upload pics before.

Quite simple actually...should have did it before.
I read your post before I made my comment. I called the guy a smartass because he was telling me to do something I already did. I wouldn't care if you said "This just in: GP2X will play MP3s!"; if there's no proof either from the company or some kind of screenshot, it's meaningless.

I don't cover my ass, ever; I have no reason to. I say what I mean. If I ask you for actual proof, then that's what I wanted from the get-go. Let's not argue, especially since now that there is proof, I thank you for posting this thread <_<

iignotus, why do you need absolute proof that someone might be thinking about porting his PPC GBA emulator to the GP2X? :huh: Every statement worded it carefully as possibility, noone said "There will be a perfect GBA emu!". Your overreaction was unnecessary, you behaved like an idiot.

Some politeness could've avoided this argument, i.e, asking instead of demanding. Calm down now people :)

iignotus, why do you need absolute proof that someone might be thinking about porting his PPC GBA emulator to the GP2X? :huh: Every statement worded it carefully as possibility, noone said "There will be a perfect GBA emu!". Your overreaction was unnecessary, you behaved like an idiot.
You're just sore because I called you a smartass.

Well, the site has a whole category for the GP2X. But I can't read Korean...
Still don't see a single thing relating the PocketPC GBA emulator with anything in development for the GP2X.
It's funny to see that the actual article on that link was just saying that "GPH is releasing an open source device. GPH is trying to take advantage of "possible" emulators for marketing, which reopens the whole discussion of legal/illegality of it." No mention of GBA emulator whatsoever. And, actually the author didn't like GP2x as PMP beause of lack of harddrive.

LuvClub isnt covering his ass
And iignotus certainly isnt covering his
so no-ones ass is being covered
(lame red vs. blue quote)

Well, the site has a whole category for the GP2X. But I can't read Korean...
Still don't see a single thing relating the PocketPC GBA emulator with anything in development for the GP2X.
It's funny to see that the actual article on that link was just saying that "GPH is releasing an open source device. GPH is trying to take advantage of "possible" emulators for marketing, which reopens the whole discussion of legal/illegality of it." No mention of GBA emulator whatsoever. And, actually the author didn't like GP2x as PMP beause of lack of harddrive.
Dude what the heck. Did you even read pages 1,2, or 3. Re read the guys post again he was talking about in the actual emulator. (Not trying to start another flame fest but just wanted to clarify that the guy wasnt talking about proof in the link.)

You guys remind me of my girlfriend.
:p

Read pages 1 2 and 3 hell I stopped reading when you started talking about arses

Dude what the heck. Did you even read pages 1,2, or 3. Re read the guys post again he was talking about in the actual emulator. (Not trying to start another flame fest but just wanted to clarify that the guy wasnt talking about proof in the link.)

??? I don't understand you, rather. What does "talking about in the actual emulator" mean? Anyway, I was pointing out that the source of discussion (the links provided by the posters) had nothing to do with actual GBA emulator on GP2x.

While Trying to fine the misc info button, I clicked more info. And I got this list

근..두달만의 업데이트군요.

이번 버전은(more)....
이번 버전은 system및 UI에 치중하였습니다.
-작동하지 않는 게임들이 다수 있습니다.
-버그가 있다면,
1. 사용기종 및 OS
2. 사용 카트리지(롬) 이름
3. 문제사항
의 형식으로 문의바랍니다.
-사운드에 잡음이 많습니다. mixer rate을 11025Hz로 선택하시면 로우패스필터의 효과를 얻을 수 있습니다.
-각 사운드 옵션은 게임에 알맞게 조절하십시오.

-앞으로,
1. PocketPC(WinCE) 이벤트 메시지 처리 및 VGA기기 지원.
(Power On/Off, 통화 이벤트등 처리)
2. Video rendering 함수 최적화
(현재 최적화가 안되어 있습니다.)
3. ARM7tdmi 디버그
4. GP2X porting
5. Sound 함수 구현
의 순서대로 업그레이드 계획입니다만, 3번 사항은 계속 진행중입니다.

Nr. 4 kinda proves that it supposed to get ported.

Back