Pre-order Problems

Racemaniac said:
i followed the instructions, went to the site to order for the rest of europe, and noticed my country (belgium) not appearing in the list -_- (did united kingdom replace it or so? where balgium would alphabetically be, ther's now united kingdom, and it's also on the end of the list -_-)
i'll order it through gp2x.de i guess, there i can say i'm from belgium -_-
Had similar trouble, Estonia didn't appear on the list. Couldn't get very far on .de.

Was lummoxed for a mo, then tried to fish for highest delivery charge just in case, deduced there's no difference for EU countries. Well, due to site speed issues I only checked Finland (for geographical reasons, I live some 80km from Helsinki) and Czech Republic (sociopolitical reasons, some sellers _still_ charge ungodly amounts extra for delivering to 'Eastern Europe').

I just wrote the correct country with the CC/delivery address. Might work.

Edit: On topic, VISA worked just peachy, the charge is visible in online bank and everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that's a relief. I was almost tempted to try ordering a second one. Now just need to wait 2+ months.

craigix said:
The credit card address IS the order address - we have it set to max security. Don't worry :)

I'm fine with this one.
by the way I'm planning to move my home. My pre-order is set. So I hope I can change billing & shipping later if my house get sold before the Pand' get shipped home.

Some problems that I encountered:

+ Never got a newsletter/announcement to any of my email addresses. Just never showed up.

+ GBAX wouldn't accept two valid American Express cards. Said that the first one had a bad number, the second was declined. It did take a MasterCard, finally.

I think that the "sketchiness" of the site for us USers is going to scare a lot of folks away.

My $.02.

Chairman_Now said:
I think that the "sketchiness" of the site for us USers is going to scare a lot of folks away.
It is not the most professional site. I would have to agree.

yosh64 said:
I remember a little while back I worked it out to be less than AU$400, I guess the AUS dollar is worth less now.
Yeah, we lost like ten points in the past month.

I wonder if Craig decided to wait on the newsletter until after letting us on the boards have a chance first.

Hello, it seems that I cannot select Iceland in the country selection in the pre-order page.
Can this be fixed or is it impossible for me to purchase a Pandora?
Or isn't this a problem at all?
I appreciate any feedback.

emil10001 said:
I wonder if Craig decided to wait on the newsletter until after letting us on the boards have a chance first.
Nope, the servers are just pretty busy as folks are hammering, so it takes a really long time until all newsletters have been sent out...

Last edited:
zxxgp said:
Chairman_Now said:
It is not the most professional site. I would have to agree.

Pleng said:
More than likely not! The money will be taken in the next few days.
Really? Can one of the devs confirm this?

same problem for belgium when you try to order one from the official site (the rest of europe site)
it seems like some idiot decided the UK should be on top of the list (not the bottom, which it is alphebetically), and changed belgium on top of the list to UK (which is also a second time on the bottom of the list)...

yosh64 said:
Well the first time I realised it never asked for my delivery address I hit the back or whatever button on the confirmation page cause I thought maybe I missed it, so then I had to enter all my credit card details again and hope I was part of the first batch, hehe.
Yup, I had that exact experience! ;)

it's a UK site, so it makes sense to have UK at the top. (though you could have just made it be selected by default)

.Gogeta§§J4BR. said:
Kyosys said:
it's a "put your money in the pot now" preorder
exactly

the cc circuits in italy (so I suppose will behave in many other coutries) authorize the payment whether or not you have the money, as long as you don't exceed your monthly limit.
You can do this how many times you want for all the solar month. Then, the next month in line at the day 15th they apply the real charge to your bank account but relative to the 1st of the month (not the 15th).
This means, in other words, that if during all september you have 100 euro in your account and at day 25 sept you pay 101 euro with cc, at day 15th october you will go below zero no matter if at 2 october you added 1000000 euro on your account (you'll get fined because at day 1st october you account didn't have the necessary cash for the operation). Don't think there's something more than this to know on cc... Hope to be helpful to someone :)
Normally, one has a ATM card and a CC linked to this account. With atm card you cannot see the cc movements, the easier way to keep trak of your transfer is log in to your cc provider website (not your bank's one!) and almost suddendly you should find in some menu the money transfers not still charged for current month. Your pandora transfer shoul be there :) :) :pandora1:

Back