Pre-order Problems

Olexxy said:
Hi,

I've been following what has been happening here for some time and hopefully manage to secure my preorder, but never received any newsletter or confirmation email about the preorder alhough I took a screenshot of the order screen following the successful payment..

I finally just decided to register here (hi everyone ^^) and I noticed that hotmail email accounts are forbidden here.. But I used a hotmail account during my pre-order; could this explain why I didn't receive the newsletter nor the preorder confirmation ? I think the preorder is ok as my online bank account is taking into account the payment I made in its balance display, but not receiving any email is odd... ?
Hi and welcome.

when you successfully Pre-ordered your Pandora it can take a little while untill you receive the
confirmation E-mail.

When i've payed for mine, the money was booked from my account and about 1 hour later or so i received the confirmation e-mail from the shop.

So if you registred with your hotmail account at the shop the email will be send to your hotmail account.

Be patient :) When you see that the money is gone from your account your preorder should be successfully placed !

Last edited by a moderator:
I received my confirmation mere minutes afterwards... I wonder if the "crew" at GBAX have to accept manually before the confirmation is sent out? That would mean you'd have to wait until tomorrow to receive said e-mail.

I am still waiting on my confirmation also its been 6 hours and my paypal has been successfully charged but no confirmation...:(
the paypal process was sooo confusing too :( until I came here and read up on how too)!

I paid for the english VAT, although I'm out of EU. Norway.
Craig: Will I get a refund of the 17%? I remember it was the same with my gp2x buy.

Thanks for the answers :) Btw I checked again and now I have received my confirmation :)

sverm said:
kidrdbz said:
Presuming you didn't cause this by pressing reload on the confirmation page, please take a note of your order number and email us at sales@cdworld.co.uk and report this error. Your order was successfully processed but it is essential you contact us in order for it to ship."
I also got this when I accidentally clicked the back button in Firefox. I'm not worried, as I doubt they'd double count duplicate order numbers if it did indeed log this as an extra order. I've also received proper e-mail confirmation with my order # and correct address (I'm in Canada).

All in all, considering I was stuck in a hospital until 4:30PM UK time and I worried they'd be sold out, my transaction went through pretty smooth. I'd say as smooth as an Amazon order! :D

I did the same thing too, glad I wasn't the only one! (I remember :blink: at the screen wondering who cd world were)

CC_machine said:
Who else is outraged Pandora team taking full price 2 months before shipping and before a single unit is even made yet?
in case the title got truncated...

to a newcomer, this situation looks much like a scam to get your money on high hopes. if I didn't have the trust in craig & co and GBAX, i probably wouldn't order either. I really wouldn't like the situation, order now on possibly dodgy grounds or wait into 2009 and beyond. :blink:

oh and, looking forward to recieving my Pandora! :D

Well, I think outraged is a bit harsh. It's a simple business transaction, as long as they are up front in telling you what to expect you can accept or decline.

I'm sending an email asking that they trans-ship my order via tardis so that it will arrive the day before I ordered it, I'd have it delivered last year but I simply don't see the point to it unless I can get the software also shipped back in time.

Belthos.

Memo, it worked it arrived last year but sadly the power adapter that came with it had a special power plug only found in the 31st century :( so I'll have to wait for the 2nd one to arrive via normal post :p

hey

I just wanted to mention that I was just looking back over the preorder page on gbax.com, and there seems to be no larger image when ya click where it says "Click for larger image".

Hmm, maybe this was done until things settle down, but I thought I would remind yas incase it's forgotten.

cyas

Ok, i got a few problems:

N°1, Brazil is no the only country in South America, i cant select Argentina anywhere
N°2, no VISA card is getting accepted, first 2 i tried didnt get authorized (i think they have a 1k pesos limit, 1 peso = 0.31USD so 1k <426USD that i need), Second a VISA DEBIT didnt work because the valid to date is 2028 and the store's selection goes to 2027...
N°3, Paypal cried "cc service down" the first time i tried, and the 2nd it tries to make me use another cc, even though it's the one i initially used to verify the account...
N°4, is there any way the pandora is sent as commercial sample? i get some of those per year and i get no problems with import taxes, and technically i do plan on trying to get some ppl hooked for the next batch...

I tried 6 times to preorder tonite and no dice. Im in the NE USA.

The first time I entered all relevent data and card information(mastercard) over Firefox and then it went to the protx verifying status bar. I waited on pins and needles for 5 minutes and couldnt take waiting any longer so I went out and watched a tv show for another 25 minutes. I came back and the protx status bar was still running on the screen. I tried the back browser and it said there was no post data, so I went through the whole process again. This time the same thing happened(hanging on the verification status bar)for 20 minutes. In desperation I tried my fiances laptop. this time the protx finished quite promptly, but said the card was declined. This makes no sense as I have ample funds to cover the Pandora/tv cable/case I was ordering.

Totally dismayed my Fiance said the server must be screwy or maybe the other 3 times had gone through and that was why it was saying the card was declined. She tried her visa card on the first option(why are there three?) and hers too was declined, she went through the whole process again with the second visa option-same thing. Finally after inputting all the information a third time with the third visa option we got an internal server error with instructions to contact the webmaster.

I sent off an email with as much information as I could muster.

Why is Protx declining perfectly good credit cards? And is there another option I can do? Paypal even?

Never had this problem before

EDIT: Finally got a payment in via paypal. Got a confirmation from Jacquelyn the next day!!. Then Found out Paypals were canceled. Got Refund, Contacted Jaquelyn and arranged alternate payment and kept my place in the manufacturing que.....All is Well! I Got one! Yaaaaaaay!

can someone tell me what will be the importing taxes for brazil. i'm not referring to shipping taxes.(i think it's called custom fees somewhere)

thanks in advance

edit: will a external battery charger be sold? if not, can somebody tell me one that will fit the pandora's battery?(no psp reference intended :p )

Funny, with all the venom spewed about PayPal from a number of people here, it seems credit cards are the bigger problem here with PayPal being the saving grace of Protx victims.

CronoTriggerfan said:
Funny, with all the venom spewed about PayPal from a number of people here, it seems credit cards are the bigger problem here with PayPal being the saving grace of Protx victims.
correlation != causation

I dunno, it worked fine for my credit card. Were you using Firefox? Internet Explorer hangs a lot (if you are on a windows machine)

Hey guys i know this hs been mentioned before, but due to being at work i dont have time to read through all posts. Anyways im in South korea but they didnt ask for a shipping address on order, my billing address is england. Has anyone solved this yet? Will gbax be asking for addresses?
cheers guys i am soooooooooo excited.

I ordered from GBAX with absolutly no problems using my mastercard. The only exception being that some people might have different shipping addresses than their CC addresses.

Make sure you fully read the instructions on the page, it's not always as straight forward as ordering from any other website. there's a line where it asks for your 3 digit security code as well as a post code which if you aren't living in the UK you have to enter 000.

I completed my order just before 2pm New York time and got my confirmation a minute later, smooth as silk... assuming I don't get an email from them later stating some weirdness.

I'am from Russia. Where should I preorder from?
If right answer is Germany, should I pay VAT?

CronoTriggerfan said:
PoisonedV said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
correlation != causation

Opinion != Fact

no, actually, thats not an opinion or a fact, thats a logical fallacy which you seem to be falling into, so what you said just now made no sense whatsoever.

Back