Pre-order Problems

Well, I was going to say that it is technically only 1 month, but that is because I misread the information and thought that shipping was at the start of November.
I know it's pretty bad that we have to wait 2 months, but at least we can now save up and get everything else bought(SD cards especially) , and gives developers time to perfect their software.

Its not a pre-order in the traditional sense where you're putting $10 down for a $60 game to get a poster over the counter at your local EB Games.

Look at it this way: The only reason you need to pre-order is that they're doing loyal followers of the project a favour by allowing those that really do care about the project to ensure they can get one when the production is done. Beyond the financial reasons, they also could have easily waited until the 3000 units are shipped to them before they start taking orders, but that would have very likely meant that of those 3000 units, probably 2500 of them are going to people that just heard about it over digg.com.

So, be glad they're giving you a chance to make sure you get one.

-Origin

To fund this short of thing, I'm guessing the guys have basically three options.

1) Find an angel investor who will give the funds to their project.

2) Get a bank to put forth the loan.

3) Use a pre-order system.

1 is crap because those type of investors want 30% plus return of their investment. Since this is not a high margin project, nor is it a project that will become much more profitable, this is out.

2 is highly unlikely because it basically amounts to a million dollar loan for a startup company. Even if it was accepted, the interest may destroy the profitability.

3 is the only option left. It's based on building a reputation with the community, which they have done.

In regards to billing/shipping having to be the same, I bet its fraud.

Craig said maximum security, having separate billing/shipping can become a liability fast. You need a fraud team to verify separate addresses to do it securely, something a small project like this would be unfeasible especially with distribution all over the globe.

Maybe I'm wrong, but fraud is big on/offline

Peace

Link

No shipping address for me as well. I'm in the USA.

I emailed them about it.

I really hope this all works out. >_<

The link in the worldmap points to http://gbax.com/pandora.html and it should be http://gbax.com/pandorax.html

As far as I can tell, they added an "x" to the name of the page so no one could access it until they wanted them too. I guess they forgot to rename the page for the newsletter linking, or they got fed up with trying to talk to a near-collapsed server to change the page and they hoped for the best.

for those who ordered from the UK site and used the protx paymentsystem did you remember if you saw, and had to complete, the extra "mastercard" verification process?

I swear I saw the "mastercard" verification logo thingy but after that the next page failed to load.... in fact, I couldn't get any further than that but I did get an email confirmation but also still worried that the payment had been authorised or not.... :blink:

I have emailed openpandorasales@gmail.com but just wondering if any of you guys experienced something similar?

I would have expected no broken links or problems immediately as it should have been prepared :(

fix == put the x into the pardorax.html in the map

Am I really the only one who's getting a 500: Internal Server Error right at the end of payment processing on gbax.com? (Australian order, Firefox, Amex)

Perhaps the "declined" page on gbax is not working? Or maybe there's something funny going on with my browser session... I'll switch to a different browser & card and see how I go.

OK, the order went through using IE and Visa.
I'd better not get charged multiple times for this... <_<

(I only got the one confirmation mail from gbax, so I hope not)

I posted this in a different thread earlier, but I think it's more appropriate here:

so uhm...

I recieved this error message:
"Order duplication, ERROR 42. Order number is: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Presuming you didn't cause this by pressing reload on the confirmation page, please take a note of your order number and email us at sales@cdworld.co.uk and report this error. Your order was successfully processed but it is essential you contact us in order for it to ship."

I hope this doesn't screw up the 3000 count... :unsure:

and I assure you I did not reload the confirmation page.

kidrdbz said:
Presuming you didn't cause this by pressing reload on the confirmation page, please take a note of your order number and email us at sales@cdworld.co.uk and report this error. Your order was successfully processed but it is essential you contact us in order for it to ship."
I also got this when I accidentally clicked the back button in Firefox. I'm not worried, as I doubt they'd double count duplicate order numbers if it did indeed log this as an extra order. I've also received proper e-mail confirmation with my order # and correct address (I'm in Canada).

All in all, considering I was stuck in a hospital until 4:30PM UK time and I worried they'd be sold out, my transaction went through pretty smooth. I'd say as smooth as an Amazon order! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I've been following what has been happening here for some time and hopefully manage to secure my preorder, but never received any newsletter or confirmation email about the preorder alhough I took a screenshot of the order screen following the successful payment..

I finally just decided to register here (hi everyone ^^) and I noticed that hotmail email accounts are forbidden here.. But I used a hotmail account during my pre-order; could this explain why I didn't receive the newsletter nor the preorder confirmation ? I think the preorder is ok as my online bank account is taking into account the payment I made in its balance display, but not receiving any email is odd... ?

I wouldn't worry. I didn't get a confirmation email until several hours later. (I was worried that I typed my email address wrong.)

I still haven't received the pre-order newsletter (but I have gotten Pandora newsletters in the past).

Welcome to the forums *wave*

I use hotmail as well and got both the pre-order confirmation email & the newsletter (several hours after the pre-order!).

You probably have but have you checked your junk mail box?

Ma10 said:
for those who ordered from the UK site and used the protx paymentsystem did you remember if you saw, and had to complete, the extra "mastercard" verification process?

I swear I saw the "mastercard" verification logo thingy but after that the next page failed to load.... in fact, I couldn't get any further than that but I did get an email confirmation but also still worried that the payment had been authorised or not.... :blink:

I have emailed openpandorasales@gmail.com but just wondering if any of you guys experienced something similar?

I ordered using that system too, I didn't have to enter my uniquie pin or anything like on other sites with that same security 'process' :)

Checked my balance walking home from work to see that the money has gone out, though not entirely; for example when it says current balance 1k, available funds 800 indicating that its gone through fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back